Potential BREAK Pokemon in Upcoming Sets!

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I know they probably won't make BREAKs of Pokemon that have Mega Evolutions but Gallade BREAK pls (for obvious reasons)

crann777

I See You
I don't have an issue with any of these sans Magnezone and Typhlosion, because Stage 2 BREAKS sound awful, with the exception of Crobat BREAK. The rest are either already competitive or could be fun.

Jessie Mulay

Aspiring Trainer
I can see Crobat BREAK already

'When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon, put 6 damage counters on one of your opponents Pokemon'

Hippowdon BREAK sounds really interesting

Hydrocrush

Aspiring Trainer
after seeing greninja

crobat break
when played does 50 to a pokemon of your choice

typhlosion break
once during your turn you may place 1 fire energy from your discard on top of your deck

aromatisse break
as long as this pokemon is your active pokemon your opponents pokemon cant retreat

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I would absolutely love to see a Whimsicott BREAK. The card seems decent on it's own, and it's already uncommon. Making it worth investing in if the BREAK has good potential.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
See, this is the problem with Pokemon right now. All events/things that could influence how the game and or format is made is exclusively held in Japan/the continent of Asia despise the fact that most of Pokemon's sells come from other parts of the world.

There is no reason something like this to be decided by a small group of people when the rest of the world also takes place in OP and would like to have a say in what gets made. This is the current problem with Pokken Tournament as well. For those of you who don't know, South Korea voted in Masked/Libre Pikachu, as well as others Pokemon on the roster were voted for by Japan. It also doesn't help that any voting they do allow are on Japanese Twitter and or Facebook pages that the bulk of players don't know about. It seems each time something new happens in Pokemon, no part of the world but Asia knows about it. This really needs to change since literally the entire world plays Pokemon. The same for exclusive release Pokemon in the games. I want a Vaporeon with Sing.

cHoViiRuuS

Aspiring Trainer
I made this a while back, what do you think ?

And tbh I don't think they'll make Basic BREAKs ! they would be too OP, i mean who would use Stage 1/2 BREAKs then ?

Last edited:

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I want a Whimsicott break too... My favorite rogue deck uses this cute fairy very cleverly, and I can see how good it could be with 130 HP, and a useful support abilty. Probably won't happen, but it's a good day dream...

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
There are some Pokemon that seem to frequently receive extra love in the card game (like Malamar, Empoleon, Bronzong, Donphan, Exeggutor, etc.) - so I would say one of those will probably be upcoming (along with some of those seen in the votes).

I would like to see some of the very rarely used/underwhelming 'mon with BREAK evolutions, like Furret, Ledian, Swootbat, Arbok, Dodrio, Hypno, Walrein, Escavalier, Mandibuzz (I miss you!) etc., etc. I also think it would be cool to have a Fossil themed set (yes, I know this was done before and I was actually playing when it was released) with BREAK evolutions for some of those we haven't seen in a while, like Omastar, Kabutops, Bastiodon, Rampardos, etc.

But really, as long as they keep making them, I'll be excited (just like Ancient Traits, Plasma/Rocket/Gym Leader Pokemon, Legends, etc.)

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Typhlosion needs love! Cyndaquil is best starter!

But I'd still rather have a Typhlosion EX full art. Or an Arcanine EX full art. If I get just one of those, I will be very happy. Full arts are lovely.

Antiz85

Aspiring Trainer
I think the Oringal Starter Trio Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise should all have BREAK cards, and all the other 6 pre-evolutions in the same Set. It would be a nice way to Finnish the BREAk era, when that time comes.

As for XY9 I Hope Suicune, Ho-oh and the Chikorita line are in it. The last Chikorita Card was in Call of legends I Believe, Plus Totodile and Cyndaquil have been in Recent Sets.

Cheers
Antiz86