Pokemon Toys and Cards in McDonald's Happy Meals in November

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
Are these coming to european MacD's aswell or only US ones?

This had best be in the EU too because I need all of these. That being said though, I find it ironic how the only thing that could make me go and get McDonalds food is plastic toys as an added bonus.

Hellcat

Outlaw Trainer
I totally called it. I knew it was going to happen! As soon as the Hoopa distribution at Mcd's was announced, I knew there was going to be a new wave of Pokemon things with happy meals.

Time to get my inner child out.

Purrloin

Nice to see little figurines again. Last time they had those odd Pokeball hockey puck shooter things, or whatever they were supposed to be...

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
I hope the distribution things are all equal now. I'm not sure, but they didn't seem equal last time.
Last round, I got 3 Reshiram, 2 Pikachu, 2 Pignite, and a Snivy. I had to trade at my League to get the others.

Most of all... me wants de Hoopa!

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
I want the Lugia...I don't like Mcdonalds, though. I wish it were Carl's Jr or something.

If we purchase these separately without the meal, is it cheaper?

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I hope the distribution things are all equal now. I'm not sure, but they didn't seem equal last time.
Last round, I got 3 Reshiram, 2 Pikachu, 2 Pignite, and a Snivy. I had to trade at my League to get the others.

My suggestion for that is going to McDonald's at least twice a week. They typically follow a pattern of two different toys a week and sometimes they'll start with the next two at the end of a week if they run out of the previous two early.

That and if you have a lot of McD's in your area, try visiting most or all of your surrounding locations. Sometimes different locations have different toys depending on their schedules.

If we purchase these separately without the meal, is it cheaper?

Yes. The toys range from $1-2 depending on the location, but most of the ones I've been to sell them for $1.50. A Happy Meal costs around $3 so if you want to save some money and not have a ton of McD's food in your fridge for several weeks I highly recommend getting the toys separately.

As a bonus, if you're looking for all the cards, don't be afraid to get duplicate toys even if they have different cards.

Oh, and try your best to not go during peak lunch and dinner hours unless you want to wait longer and annoy the people behind you in line.

Trust me, I've been collecting all the Pokemon Happy Meal toys since 2011. I know their patterns like the back of my hand. :D

Last edited:

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I can't wait to get my stubby little paws on all of them. Hopefully I'll get all the cards this time!

Oh and one more tip, if anyone is looking to get the first two in the set (judging by previous waves, most likely it'll be Pikachu and Hoopa), go to McD's on the first weekend of the promotion. The first two are most likely to only be available on the first weekend and maybe a few days afterward if you're lucky. (And considering the promotion starts on Black Friday of all days, that might be the case.)

Happy hunting!

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
We could actually purchase the cards separately?? How so??

You can't purchase the cards by themselves, they are prepackaged randomly with the toys (meaning you will not always get a Pikachu card with a Pikachu toy for example.). The best way to get all of them is to go to McDonald's and ask them what Pokemon Happy Meal toys they currently have. They will give you a few to choose from and inside you will see a paper slip containing the card. The card is hidden by a small piece of cardboard along with a random paper insert. You can dig through the paper covering the card to see which card is in the bag (just be careful not to bend it!)

If you're just looking for the cards and not the toys specifically, you can go to other McD's locations on the same day and see what cards are in those toys. Most likely the same toys, different random cards.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Ohman, I really hope these are in the EU, too. I need that Primal Kyogre and Rayquaza in my life. They're kind of derpy looking, but that's what makes them excellent.

Rocket The Shellos

Aspiring Trainer
I kinda want these in Aus. Sadly, if they make it here, I could see them cutting the release down to 5 figures and not giving us Wobbuffet, Lugia or Latios. They always cut toys from our release. If they do this time heads will roll

Fatboy40

Aspiring Trainer
Probably close to zero chance of these coming to Europe / UK.

In the USA do McDonalds still do separate Happy Meal boxes for boys and girls ?, in the UK we get a single box for both sexes so if in the USA this is the 'boys' box them we won't get it :(

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
In the USA do McDonalds still do separate Happy Meal boxes for boys and girls ?, in the UK we get a single box for both sexes so if in the USA this is the 'boys' box them we won't get it :(

They haven't had separate boxes for boy and girl toys for several years in the US, there has just been one box with both toy lines displayed on it for quite some time.

BTW, if anyone's wondering, they will give you an empty Happy Meal box for free if you just ask them at the counter. :)