Pokemon Build Pikachu at Build-a-Bear Workshop Early Next Year!

Ohman, this is so awesome. I hope that it's a good-looking plush, but BAB usually makes good quality stuff so I think it probably will be. Can't wait to see what the plush and accessories will look like, especially the Charizard costume option! :D

What if I want to build a Pidgey or some other Pokemon that I like?

You don't literally "build" the plushes from Build-A-Bear from scratch. There's a pre-made outside shell that gets stuffed and you can customize the shell with accessories, or put a noise box in, and stuff like that. So, no, you can't build a Pidgey, or any other Pokémon; it's possible that they may add more Pokémon to the line at some point, but if they do, it would be only be more super-popular Pokémon like Pikachu is.

In the meantime, you can buy legit regular plushies of many other Pokémon at the Pokémon Center or via eBay or Sunyshore or other resellers if you need to get your "not a Pikachu" fix.

You don't literally "build" the plushes from Build-A-Bear from scratch. There's a pre-made outside shell that gets stuffed and you can customize the shell with accessories, or put a noise box in, and stuff like that. So, no, you can't build a Pidgey, or any other Pokémon; it's possible that they may add more Pokémon to the line at some point, but if they do, it would be only be more super-popular Pokémon like Pikachu is.

In the meantime, you can buy legit regular plushies of many other Pokémon at the Pokémon Center or via eBay or Sunyshore or other resellers if you need to get your "not a Pikachu" fix.

I know how their show works. I used build in the same way they use "build". Basically my comment was about pikachu being shoved down people throat. Pidgey is also popular as well.

Ask random people in the streets who Pikachu and everyone can tell you it's Pokemon. Ask Pidgey and they'll think you meant to say pigeon. Get out of your bubble dude, pidgey isn't popular at all in the real world.

I know how their show works. I used build in the same way they use "build". Basically my comment was about pikachu being shoved down people throat. Pidgey is also popular as well.
There are 721 Pokemon. Giving all Build-a-Bear workshops enough supply of every species would cost an extortionate amount of money for whoever is producing them and probably wouldn't have them see a return. Would I love to pump up an Altaria at one of these shops? Definitely, but I know that it's never going to happen. The Pokemon Company's played it safe here by just letting fans create Pikachu, and I think that it makes a lot of sense.

I think that this is a very clever idea. I would never have thought of Pokemon-themed Build-a-Bear, but I can see this selling a lot of units and being really fun.

Sounds interesting, I might just do this when the time comes. A talking Pikachu that would be awesome I think. Makes me think of when BAB had that thing for the Ninja Turtles. I would have loved to that one too but wasn't able to.

But, um, Pidgey. I can totally think of AT LEAST ten other Pokémon that would make a 'let's follow Pikachu to BAB' list than Pidgey. The starters certainly come to mind, the legendaries, any Pokemon ever owned by a main character (note that technically Ash never owned a Pidgey as he caught Pidgeotto). Even Teddiursa is more likely.

There are 721 Pokemon. Giving all Build-a-Bear workshops enough supply of every species would cost an extortionate amount of money for whoever is producing them and probably wouldn't have them see a return. Would I love to pump up an Altaria at one of these shops? Definitely, but I know that it's never going to happen. The Pokemon Company's played it safe here by just letting fans create Pikachu, and I think that it makes a lot of sense.

I think that this is a very clever idea. I would never have thought of Pokemon-themed Build-a-Bear, but I can see this selling a lot of units and being really fun.

I went into a BaB shop a few years ago expecting them to have a few Pokemon but they didn't so I thought it was odd then. I wanted this to happen so I'm glad its happening now but Pikachu doesn't sell merch for me and a lot of other pokemon fan. It would be nice to see some other known Pokemon getting the treatment Pikachu gets sometimes. The series is called Pokemon, not Pikachu. I don't understand the need to market to the few rather the masses.

Ask random people in the streets who Pikachu and everyone can tell you it's Pokemon. Ask Pidgey and they'll think you meant to say pigeon. Get out of your bubble dude, pidgey isn't popular at all in the real world.

Yeah, you're right, I forgot Pikachu is the only popular Pokemon in the real world...

Sounds interesting, I might just do this when the time comes. A talking Pikachu that would be awesome I think. Makes me think of when BAB had that thing for the Ninja Turtles. I would have loved to that one too but wasn't able to.

But, um, Pidgey. I can totally think of AT LEAST ten other Pokémon that would make a 'let's follow Pikachu to BAB' list than Pidgey. The starters certainly come to mind, the legendaries, any Pokemon ever owned by a main character (note that technically Ash never owned a Pidgey as he caught Pidgeotto). Even Teddiursa is more likely.

I can think of 10 other Pokemon as well that isn't Pidgey as well but from what I've seen with the Beanie Babies, the birds tend to sell really well because in plush form, they are really cute. If a contract were drawn up and a Pidgey was to be sold with Pikachu and 8 other Pokemon, I would go to BaB and buy all the possible combinations available to me with the Pidgey. I would love the option to buy a Pidgey plush in a Charizard costume but I can't because of Pikachu. If this option were available to the masses, they could make more money because the way it stands now, I wont buy it but would if Pidgey were an option I would buy and it wont affect cash flow, yet they sold to another person, which should be the goal.

I also know Ash never caught a Pidgey but I'm not basing this on the anime.

@crystal_pidgeot - Charmander/Charizard would be next after Pikachu, not Pidgey. Then Squirtle, then someone like Treecko or Piplup or Mew/Mewtwo, or even Jigglypuff. but not Pidgey.

But what I really want is:
314146.png
Come on! It would be adorable to get a Pichu!

@crystal_pidgeot - Charmander/Charizard would be next after Pikachu, not Pidgey. Then Squirtle, then someone like Treecko or Piplup or Mew/Mewtwo, or even Jigglypuff. but not Pidgey.

But what I really want is:
Come on! It would be adorable to get a Pichu!

There are a lot of Pokemon that can be picked but they can also pick pidgey, which would be a good choice too.

But a lot less likely then the ones I listed, including Pichu.

Well, to be honest, Pichu isn't all that popular and I think the reason why Pikachu is chosen over it was because they don't want another Pokemon to compete with it. I'm not opposed to Pichu being picked but out of all of the Pikachu like Pokemon, Emolga is my favorite. Emolga, just like Pidgeot has a large fan following but Pikachu get first pick each time, then the other like charizard, mewtwo and lucario.

Speaking of, I found a picture of pidgeot wearing that charizard costume drawn by a japanese artist and it looks great and one I would love to own as a plush.

Attachments

• 46957786_p6.jpg
    46957786_p6.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
Oh I know you weren't basing your view because of what Ash has or has not caught. But when you think about it that is how a lot of people, particularly younger people, will base there thoughts. Has any main character caught this Pokémon? It's right up there with is this Pokémon a legendary?

True in plush form Pidgey could be cute. Of course if the effort is put into it any Pokémon could look cute in plush form. But with 721 Pokémon not including alternate forms and megas (and growing most likely) this is just simply impossible and not every Pokémon makes the list. I don't about you but I have yet to see a plus Pyroar or a plush Ursaring after all.

Oh I know you weren't basing your view because of what Ash has or has not caught. But when you think about it that is how a lot of people, particularly younger people, will base there thoughts. Has any main character caught this Pokémon? It's right up there with is this Pokémon a legendary?

True in plush form Pidgey could be cute. Of course if the effort is put into it any Pokémon could look cute in plush form. But with 721 Pokémon not including alternate forms and megas (and growing most likely) this is just simply impossible and not every Pokémon makes the list. I don't about you but I have yet to see a plus Pyroar or a plush Ursaring after all.

Well, many has. Think about this, what was the first Pokemon you caught in Pokemon Red and Blue? In most cases for thousands of players, it was a Pidgey. This is also true for X and Y since the game forces the first encounter to be a Pidgey, meaning many veterans see an old favorite and newcomers see a new Pokemon, yet one that is as old as Pikachu. Why show us a Pidgey other Rattata? Why not any of the other bird starters? In the first games, many of us had a Pidgeot on our game ending team. In fact, most in games team consisted of Starter of choice, Pidgeot, Eeveelution, Zapdos, and like 2 others.

While I dont expect each Pokemon to have merch at all times, it would be nice to see some attention being given to others, perhaps go with some kind of theme but to see people saying Pidgey isn't popular when all video game players were forced to see it at some point, its makes me want to break something.

When I think of Pokemon important to the series, I consider Pidgeot part of that list. I'm also surprised Pyroar hasn't got merch and I would have though at least Ursaing's first form would have had a BaB option first.

I don't even care that I'm a 20-something year old 'adult'. I need to go to BAB and get me a Pikachu. This is going to happen.

If I'm really feeling motivated, I might even make a Magikarp hoodie for my Pika.

I live near a Build-a-Bear Workshop and I find it annoying that you actually get MORE stuff with the Pikachu when you order online. :/

Back