M Aerodactyl-EX, M Mawile-EX, Luxray BREAK Revealed in 'CoroCoro'

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
They're all bad. Also, why on earth do both Aerodactyl and Mawile have effectless attacks? So many effectless attacks in XY8 and beyond.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Japan doesn't usually make powerful cards you can buy right off the shelf. They're all for collector's appeal and little kids. Hence why both Aerodactyl are in our Premium Collection this January.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
After some analysis, I think Aerodactyl's first attack involves fighting energy and Mawile's second attack involves Pokémon-EX in some way. I'm probably wrong though.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
From what I've seen so far, the artworks on the megas are horrible! Regular Mawile looks cool, and regular Aerodactyl looks decent, but those megas, ugh .-.

No. Just no.

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Mmmm the mega mechanic is getting stale fast. These cards in particular are abysmal, but I do like the megas normally, I just can't see the mechanic going anywhere but into a corner with -- spirit link, evolve ---> 1 attack/beefy stats. Ancient traits did a good job freshening that up.

And sort of more generally but they definitely got it backwards w/r/t break/megas. Really the EX + mega mechanic is the one that breaks evolution (skipping basic and stage one where required), where the extra step required for BREAK cards seems more akin to how mega evolution should function.

King of Dragons

I just hang around for reasons
... *sigh* :( such potential wasted,
I mean really if M Areodactyl had a spirit link and a water weakness instead it could actually be a decent Manectric counter.
Along with Mawile, if it had (Y)(C)(C) as its attack cost and a spirit link it could be decent.

I still like their art though (the regulars) (mega's are ok) :D

redsky22

Aspiring Trainer
Mmmm the mega mechanic is getting stale fast. These cards in particular are abysmal, but I do like the megas normally, I just can't see the mechanic going anywhere but into a corner with -- spirit link, evolve ---> 1 attack/beefy stats. Ancient traits did a good job freshening that up.

And sort of more generally but they definitely got it backwards w/r/t break/megas. Really the EX + mega mechanic is the one that breaks evolution (skipping basic and stage one where required), where the extra step required for BREAK cards seems more akin to how mega evolution should function.

I think its a good thing that the mega mechanic is getting stale and ex's are getting bad then that will make it so people start to play stage evolution. Also talking about skipping a turn to evolve (cough cough colorless mega ray)

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I think these cards can have a use but not spirit link? I want to see the spirit link cards become a neutral card when you can use it on any mega.

lameplan

Aspiring Trainer
I think mega mawile could be viable with fairy support. 1 florges out makes this 2 for 130 and energy destruction, which is quite nice against many decks now that there isnt as much discard recovery in the format. florgeas break for the heal and status recovery as well. this could be a good reliable attacker for fairy decks since it has moderate damage and mainly for the disruption. overall i think the cards are underwhelming though

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
A special shoutout to Mr. Zekrom for this post. Here's your M-Aerodactyl EX without Spirit Link. It's your time for you to decide if it is playable for you.

My Evaluations:
Aerodactyl-EX - Common attacks. It's your choice if it is worst EX or not.
M-Aerodactyl EX - Requires Mr. Mime for that.
Mawile-EX - Common "Smack",and an energy remover.
M-Mawile-EX - Double Energy Remover
Luxray BREAK - This will be a tank in the future.
Shinx evolution lineup - Common attacks. Some of it for me,I can't find a translation for that.