'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
But wait! Where is Elygem and the basic Beeheyem in the spoiler? Why only BREAK?
There is room for an Elgyem and a Beheeyem in the Blue Impact between M-Mewtwo and Meloetta, so they might be there, if not, they would probably either be in the next set, or upcoming promos.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Beheeyem isnt great but I actually really like the way they're going with BREAK so far. Not because its given us a series of groundbreaking and overpowered cards (because it hasnt) but it actually gives a future to all of these fully evolved stage 1s who dont usually even reach 100hp. Sure Beheeyem BREAK isnt that strong but its a hell of a lot more exciting than every miserable Beheeyem card printed before it and I appreciate that they found a way of showing attention to those pokemon that have always been mediocre. The next step is to make the BREAK cards actually strong! :d

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Assuming this means Elgyem and Beheeyem are two of the missing cards from Blue Impact (Red Flash has no room for them), since the last time they were printed was Plasma Storm which would make Beheeyem BREAK completely unusable in standard otherwise. If that is the case I'm surprised it hasn't been shoved into our BREAKthrough set then, but the set description says 6 BREAK 'mons and we already know whom they will all be.

Beheeyem Break Box later this year?

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
I have a feeling that the winter tins(If there'll be any) will be Luxray/Beheeyem/Golduck Break Tins, and we'll also get a Palkia EX Box and Mega Mawile/Mega Aerodactyl Boxes. That, or they'll shove all of it into XY10, somewhere in february.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I have a feeling that the winter tins(If there'll be any) will be Luxray/Beheeyem/Golduck Break Tins. That, or they'll shove all of it into XY10, somewhere in february.

1. If they made a break tins with the crappy progress on the ones made so far that would be a terrible idea.
2. Based on time frame and how frequently sets come out I think XY9 will be coming out in February.

GoomyGamer 123

Goomy lover!!!
If Golduck BREAK can be used with Archie's Ace in the Hole... Well that would be the format gone bye-bye! I'm pretty sure it can't since it is a break pokemon, but if it can...

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
If Golduck BREAK can be used with Archie's Ace in the Hole... Well that would be the format gone bye-bye! I'm pretty sure it can't since it is a break pokemon, but if it can...
BREAK cards don't have weaknesses or retreat costs on their own, they're not really "complete" cards without their regular form.

So it seems like they'll rule that you can't Archie it onto your bench.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
I don't really like going to places with blinking lights and loud music... But that said, this has to be one of my favorite artworks I've seen in this set! It makes me wish the Mr. Mime card revealed had a story theme with this one, as opposed to washing skyscraper windows. :/

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.
Wow! Cool card! Common attacks and the artwork,he/she likes to play dance game that we see on arcades. Mr.Mime and Starmie are include in the artwork,but wait. Starmie's there? So that means there is a possibility that Starmie is in Break Through Water-type or not!

ejorange

Aspiring Trainer
Scrolling down a bit, there are regular arts for Bridget (I think) and Giovanni, as well as something that looks like heavy ball. On the twitter page

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
The artwork is very nice, but I'm still waiting for the card that mostly makes up the entire set. I'm still waiting for some full arts. It seems strange that they are still revealing cards but the set has 11 days before release.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
I must say I'm impressed with this. Only because of the supporter move though. These cards are not what I want to see ( especially because Kirlia is in our current set ).