OLD: The Fake Card Resources and Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't actually have any "Heavy" styles in my giant list of Futura fonts. "Futura Std" has a bunch of styles, but they're all light/medium/bold/condensed/oblique/book or some combination thereof. Is there a separate Heavy variety that I need to get, and if so, where can I find it?

Based on what I can see in Photoshop, I believe the +/- is some variation of Condensed Gill Sans, but I can't see enough to know anything else (and I also seem to have a bunch of Condensed Gill Sans options).

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oy3oz77jhcik0xq/FuturaStd-Heavy.otf
Merry Christmas!

As for the plus, it's possible it's a separate symbol (unless CMP managed to have it in the text layer). Personally, I'd just play around with fonts until you get it right.

Do evolution icons for Generation 6 Pokémon exist, or is the best way to cut them from scans?

I ripped some for my own use, so they're not a 'sheet' in the traditional sense. The .ZIP contains a folder of PNG files, and each Pokemon icon still has the evolution circle background in its image. It's perfectly usable in image-based cards (though you may have to scale them down to like 75% to make them fit), but if you want to use the icons for anything else then you'll have to spend some time cleaning up the background. Enjoy! (And let me know if I missed any, too!)

Oh, and no credit needed! Just make something good with it! :)

Attachments

• kalos-evo-icons.zip
    716.7 KB · Views: 14
Hello. I want to use GIMP to make fake image cards, but have no clue what the heck to do. Can anyone here help me?
First figure out which set of blanks you wanna use. Then download the necessary fonts for faking and install them. I'm not sure if the link on the first post is up or if it contains everything, but if you look at this page on this thread or the page before you may find some links. Also look for the right symbols for your blanks.

Next is time to figure out the exact font size and placement. You can download a font guide for your blanks (it has to be GIMP specific), though depending on which set of blanks you choose, there might be no font guides available. If that's the case, you should look for scans and resize them to your blanks size or pick a fake from a faker that has got their placement right. Then, try to type over the blank/fake and change the size, width and height of the fonts until you get the right stuff. Its smart to create a different text layer for each section of the card.

Here you can find most blanks, holosheets, icons and things you don't even imagine lol Also, it contains font guides, especially for BW-XY blanks. Again, look for GIMP ones rather than Photoshop ones.

Actually, Aschefield101 (both here and dA) has a font guide for BW-XY-on blanks that's a .png file, and tells you what the font is and where to put it, instead of making you click the desired text. Here it is, if you can't find anything else for GIMP.
xy___font_and_placement_guide_by_aschefield101-d7bzg87.png

I didn't want to post that 'cause I'm tired of seeing BW blanks :p Sorry bout that.
I'm sure however that there are other font guides on that group that work for GIMP. I'll update this post as I find them.

Classic font guide for GIMP by Nekoban Ryo. Use with these blanks: Basic, Stage 1, Stage 2.
Neo font guide for GIMP by Nekoban Ryo. Use with these blanks by Metagross101. The ones by CMP are higher quality but there isn't a GIMP font guide for it.
BW Font guide for GIMP by Nekoban Ryo. This one isn't as accurate as the .png one that's on the post above, but use it as a guide to the placements and use the .png one to match the font settings. These are the most up to date XY blanks by aschefield101.

If you're interesed in custom blanks, I can post here links to some, but there may be no font guides for those.

For ex era and DPt era blanks, the font guides I found were really inaccurate, so I didn't post those.
For HGSS blanks, the font guide available is for some pretty outdated blanks by Cascade Gonpory.
If you want any of these, just gimme a shout.

Last edited:
What font is the x2 and -20 in the Weakness and Resistence? I've been using symbolsheets but don't like how they're turning out:/

If you're asking for BW/XY/ORAS blanks, I don't know. I've always used the symbolsheet for those. And the ones from pre HGSS blanks are different :/

What font is the x2 and -20 in the Weakness and Resistence? I've been using symbolsheets but don't like how they're turning out:/
I opened mine up bb, would've replied on DA but lost you in my list, lists too damn long and small on there now lol...

Anyways..

Futura Md BT - Bold. It has to be stretched/squashed slightly for any blank size for obvious reasons. But yar thats the one I use XY/ORAS :)

Yadiyadiya.

I've come across that problem that I'm sure lots of image fakers come across - the effects don't fit on the card! On asche's blanks I can fit the text at 12.6/12.5 pt. I could be wrong :<) oppose to the recommended 16pt. After staring pitifully at my luck I've decided to ask you guys if 12.6 still works as a size, or if I need to resort another solution. I seem to have a developing a case of large effects considering my recent Dunsparce fake was 13.8 pt. Here is a little bit of a comparison with other cards (the joke effects are all roughly the same size as the actual).

Anyways, is 12.5 too small? Assuming yes, would I be able to get away with large effects on a LEGEND type of card? My eye is telling me that the LEGEND effects are a smaller text size than on a typical card. If it /would/ work, where would I be able to find LEGEND blanks + font placement/size info? I currently looking on Devianart but havent been able to find anything yet unfortunately.

EDIT: Just found this. Perfect type combo...
EDIT 2: That may not cut it; there's a few things that appears wrong. Still searching; found Latios101's HGSS symbol sheet and cscdgnpry's single type blanks (though the [P] [G] would be better). Still looking for a font guide. Just stumbled across Asche's WF stuff, looking through it now.

Last edited:
Art question: Is it unethical to pull art from google images without credit? (obviously I would attempt to credit the artist, but the artist is not always visible.) What methods do all you other fakers use to get art?

Art question: Is it unethical to pull art from google images without credit? (obviously I would attempt to credit the artist, but the artist is not always visible.) What methods do all you other fakers use to get art?

Well, yeah, it would be unwise to pull art directly from Google Images without seeking the artist. A couple of methods you can use is to look through the URL and see if you can see the artist's username. Search that username up and find the artist's gallery to see if the piece is there. Another way you can go about it, and this is if you can't find their username through the link, is to upload the image/paste the URL into the Google Images search and see the results that come up. You can most likely find the artist's gallery link within the given search results.

And if you still can't find it, you can contact one of us or post it here asking for assistance in finding the artist. :)

There are a few good online resources available to find artists from random images.

1) SauceNAO is a site that specifically exists for the hunting up of artist sources for artwork. Simply upload the image in question and SauceNAO will use its algorithms to look up the proper source. It's a really good resource, easy to use, and probably your first best bet at matching an artist to a piece of art. If that doesn't work...

2) If you're finding the image via Google Images to begin with, you can use Google's "Search By Image" function to locate multiple sources of the same image:

Fw7U1Wz.png

Look for links to tumblr, pixiv, or deviantArt URLs (as these are some of the most common places to post fanart to) as well as artist websites, etc.

3) TinEye is a reverse image search service that works similarly to Google's "search by image" function, though it's much older. Because it uses different search algorithms than Google, it might find some things that Google doesn't, or vice versa.

Does anyone know where to find some BW/XY (preferably XY but BW is fine) era dual type blanks? ShiningBill's Delta BW blanks came close, but I still want to be able to do Basic, Stage 1, and Stage 2 bars, not just a Delta Bar.

Dual Type for BW/XY/ORAS era were never created by anyone (mainly due to there being no official ones anyways). But also because there are ALOT of combinations to adhere too.

This is the main reason why I generally don't touch dual type sets, the time it takes to try and get each combination done for basic/stage1/stage2 etc. It's a huge project :)

Never used GIMP, so someone would have to make that one for ya - 100% Photoshop for me and sadly I can't help with the JP text either for GIMP lol :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back