TCG Fakes Reggie McGigas's Image-Based Fake Cards: Wailmer and Wailord

Reggie McGigas

-
I normally think my RAs turn out better than my FAs. But I think Hoopa EX FA is my favorite EX FA I've made (Aside from Mewtwo).

5990672_orig.png
2544722_orig.png

Reggie McGigas

-
418659_orig.png
2230203_orig.png

I couldn't find a Torterra art that didn't have the face covered up by text and was somewhat high quality, so I made a Chesnaught instead.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I'll start by saying that the Hoopa FA is AMAZING. Hands down your best FA, I like it just as much as the actual Hoopa art (I would say I like it more had Nintendo used any other art, but I really like the real Hoopa art). The new EX are good looking, but they have a few big errors. Signs of Life randomly says Pokemon at the end and Shell Spin says Stats Conditions instead of Special Conditions.

Reggie McGigas

-
I'll start by saying that the Hoopa FA is AMAZING. Hands down your best FA, I like it just as much as the actual Hoopa art (I would say I like it more had Nintendo used any other art, but I really like the real Hoopa art). The new EX are good looking, but they have a few big errors. Signs of Life randomly says Pokemon at the end and Shell Spin says Stats Conditions instead of Special Conditions.

Thanks a lot!

2270784_orig.png
352167_orig.png

Reggie McGigas

-
3854240_orig.png
5083441_orig.png

I'll take my hand at Xerneas EX tommorow or the day after. This card is meant to be like a top rope maneuver in the WWE 2k14: High risk, high reward.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
From a design perspective, I like how you're using less bland effects. Keep it up! Also, I'm sure I've seen that Yveltal FA somewhere before...

Reggie McGigas

-
From a design perspective, I like how you're using less bland effects. Keep it up! Also, I'm sure I've seen that Yveltal FA somewhere before...

Not the FA, but when I was a youngster back in '13 I made this

3062701_orig.jpeg
3854240_orig.png

To be perfectly honest I had a deja vu moment when coming up with Oblivion Wing's effect. Now I know why!

woohoo962

Aspiring Trainer
You do realize that you allowed me to make an image based version of the Lords of Time Beedrill EX, right? It's not stealing if you allowed me to do it! Kind of silly for you to go back on your word after I already made the card, don't you think?
yeah,sorry about that.

Reggie McGigas

-
What exactly are you using for the lines?

What I do is go to the art layer, then select by color tool. Select the black outline, then go to a new layer, copy, and paste the outline, then I use the colorize tool to make it yellow. Then, I layer > transparency > remove alpha channel. Then, Filters > Distorts > Value Propagate > More Black. Then, color to alpha, and make the transparency of the layer with the gold lines to around 50-70%.

However, some artworks I have used have the gold lines not appear on the entire outline so I have to manually use the pencil tool to sketch in the rest of the lines. also, sometimes it will add gold where gold shouldn't be, so I have to erase that too. Xerneas was the worst in terms of the gold lines, while for Zygarde and Hoopa the gold lines worked with no problems at all, which was great.

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
What I do is go to the art layer, then select by color tool. Select the black outline, then go to a new layer, copy, and paste the outline, then I use the colorize tool to make it yellow. Then, I layer > transparency > remove alpha channel. Then, Filters > Distorts > Value Propagate > More Black. Then, color to alpha, and make the transparency of the layer with the gold lines to around 50-70%.
I do believe this is more or less Photoshop's Stroke.

I like how the recent cards have been turning out, Reggie! I'm gonna have to use that Xerneas render eventually, too. ;) Can't keep going with Unova forever.

Reggie McGigas

-

I like how the recent cards have been turning out, Reggie! I'm gonna have to use that Xerneas render eventually, too. ;) Can't keep going with Unova forever.

I'll post 3 of them I made when I post my next cards. I had to make 3 because the stupid antlers kept getting in the way of the HP, symbol, Basic symbol, and name,

Reggie McGigas

-
9394502_orig.png
5048599_orig.png

My interpretation of Pokemon Break. Thanks to Aschefield for letting me edit the blank!

-Work like Level X's, except you can only run a maximum of 3 Break Cards in your deck.
-Break cards will not be limited to Pokemon! ;) For example, you could play Ultra Ball then Ultra Ball Break and be able to grab an extra 2 Pokemon.

And Xerneas Renders! Only 2 for now.
5282766_orig.png
3682586_orig.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Awesome concept! Really liking the idea particularly with the Trainer use. I'm slightly concerned about the use of the word "Break" on the cards; I'd imagine you could possibly get someone to stylise it something like the LEGEND text for you, or even ask Asche if you're nice enough. Also, I think you could find a LV.X/LEGEND text box and write the rules in that (I know Asche ripped a latter, not sure about the former).

Also, Xerneas renders are quite beautiful! However... is there really that weird pattern on its back? I've never seen it before o.o

Reggie McGigas

-
Awesome concept! Really liking the idea particularly with the Trainer use. I'm slightly concerned about the use of the word "Break" on the cards; I'd imagine you could possibly get someone to stylise it something like the LEGEND text for you, or even ask Asche if you're nice enough. Also, I think you could find a LV.X/LEGEND text box and write the rules in that (I know Asche ripped a latter, not sure about the former).

Also, Xerneas renders are quite beautiful! However... is there really that weird pattern on its back? I've never seen it before o.o

Well, I would ask Asche but he's already working on Break Blanks of his own...I'll probably either use those or just copy + paste the break logo onto my card.

aschefield101

is behind you !

Ah right, does the program you use have a pen tool or similar reggie?

Also as I started BREAK today, I have the 'BREAK' logo started, not got it sorted akin to the EX symbol yet though (it's still got the red/blue hue around the borders, from the official image). Need to find out what the JP text is next to the BREAK bit far left though, (where BASIC goes) as I am scared its a huge word like evolution or something stupid (making EN cards a pain without seeing one).

Reggie McGigas

-
Ah right, does the program you use have a pen tool or similar reggie?

Also as I started BREAK today, I have the 'BREAK' logo started, not got it sorted akin to the EX symbol yet though (it's still got the red/blue hue around the borders, from the official image). Need to find out what the JP text is next to the BREAK bit far left though, (where BASIC goes) as I am scared its a huge word like evolution or something stupid (making EN cards a pain without seeing one).

I have a pencil tool and a brush tool.

aschefield101

is behind you !
Ah ok, I doubt either of them allows you to create a network of lines like pen tool does, in Photoshop. Took me ages to learn it but I can't do without it now :)