Finished Werewolf XXVII: Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill throw in my two cents before I have to go to work :)

First @Yeowie 12 Players to Lynch is Majority as there are 23 Players (Majority means over half agree)

In terms of the double lynch, potential Indie activity. I think its definitely a stalling tactic. Looking at the past however many games, we have very rarely hit the majority lynch, so to now have to get two people lynched could potentially be a huge task depending on how many people decide to get on and be active day 1. Also in addition to the fact that there is generally little information Day 1 we now have to lynch two people with almost no info to roll with...
So yeah, I'd say this is almost certainly the act of someone Anti-Town (Whether indie, or mafia) could be either....

##vote:Luispipe8
Sure maybe we should be mindful of not using actions.. But this could easily be read as: "Town, please don't submit actions, Thankyou"

Looking at the past however many games, we have very rarely hit the majority lynch, so to now have to get two people lynched could potentially be a huge task depending on how many people decide to get on and be active day 1.
By jove Squirtle Squad I think you nailed it!

I don't think this lynching two people today is the work of a role after all. I think it might just be a mechanic by the host to try and keep activity high Day 1. Last game there were a couple of users who didn't want to be active Day 1 but then couldn't catch up with the time they had in the rest of the game and so maintained inactivity throughout, and this is actually a pretty interesting way of trying to prevent that from happening again.

It took me some time to read all this, but I have a couple thoughts on a few people who seem a little scummy.

Celever, why are you backing up CJ so bad? Luctini27 brought up great points on multiple occasions, about CJ's odd reaction to two lynches per day. I am not gonna vote on any of you, because I know just about nothing as of right now. But you and CJ are something worth looking into. I am also not gonna accuse you of teaming up either, because CJ has not shown his part in this relationship.

Luispipe8's behavior is also quite similar to the previous game, in which he was scum. You are constantly using terms like we, when you should use I. Therefore making you look like you are making a general announcement as a townie.

Camo is also something worth investigating. Normally he is all over RVS, but he appears to be absent, odd. He is probably busy or something, but for now he is still totally possible.

I will wait for more info before voting on anyone, but for now these are my thoughts.

Oh... I thought it was the majority, I was thinking out of 25.
But the other two observations are surely ability-induced... I'm placing my bet on the two-player-lynch belonging to the indie, and they would have used it so that they can easily lynch some townies in the chaos of the RVS. Just a theory.
As for the third, I can imagine a lover's role, but I could also imagine a journalist or something, and "Someone's dreams have become a reality!" being a newspaper headline? I know that those sorts of roles usually get to modify the update somehow.

BTW, I have to say I do think that Luctini has been really defensive about the indie role so far, which to me only makes sense if he's the indie himself. I don't see a town saying what he's said so far, even a noobtown, so:

##UNVOTE: Camoclone
##VOTE: Luctini27

I know I said before that we have to be careful when we read the new players, and I still stand by that, but I don't see why Luctini would be trying to stop speculation surrounding the indie unless he was the indie himself and getting kinda scared about it.

It took me some time to read all this, but I have a couple thoughts on a few people who seem a little scummy.

Celever, why are you backing up CJ so bad? Luctini27 brought up great points on multiple occasions, about CJ's odd reaction to two lynches per day. I am not gonna vote on any of you, because I know just about nothing as of right now. But you and CJ are something worth looking into. I am also not gonna accuse you of teaming up either, because CJ has not shown his part in this relationship.
I'm not, really. Luctini didn't bring up any great points, and I was actually the first to challenge CJ's stance on the two lynches thing, but he explained his viewpoint and it now makes total sense, hell I think that after thinking about it a little more I think that CJ's stance holds more water than mine did. I was merely ushering discussion along and trying to help Luctini understand things because we've got to do two lynches today and we've got to get down to work.

Luispipe8's behavior is also quite similar to the previous game, in which he was scum. You are constantly using terms like we, when you should use I. Therefore making you look like you are making a general announcement as a townie.
I must say, I disagree with you here, too. When Luis used "we" it made more sense than "I". At the time WE really did have no leads, the first day had just started. True that he also didn't have any leads, but we is all-encompassing.
Camo is also something worth investigating. Normally he is all over RVS, but he appears to be absent, odd. He is probably busy or something, but for now he is still totally possible.
It's not weird to assume he's actually just kinda busy. It took him over 24 hours to get here last game too, IIRC.

Oh... I thought it was the majority, I was thinking out of 25.
But the other two observations are surely ability-induced... I'm placing my bet on the two-player-lynch belonging to the indie, and they would have used it so that they can easily lynch some townies in the chaos of the RVS. Just a theory.
As for the third, I can imagine a lover's role, but I could also imagine a journalist or something, and "Someone's dreams have become a reality!" being a newspaper headline? I know that those sorts of roles usually get to modify the update somehow.
If you don't mind me asking, how much experience do you have with this game? You're clearly quite learned about the roles and such, but this is the first game you've played here. I think that those derivations do make sense, and getting majority votes on Day 1 might actually take us quite a while since there will no doubt be several inactive slots and such, so this was a pretty smart play playing it today by the indie if it is his role, thinking about it.

If you don't mind me asking, how much experience do you have with this game? You're clearly quite learned about the roles and such, but this is the first game you've played here. I think that those derivations do make sense, and getting majority votes on Day 1 might actually take us quite a while since there will no doubt be several inactive slots and such, so this was a pretty smart play playing it today by the indie if it is his role, thinking about it.
I have played lower-scale WW previously... Which bbninjas would host, and we'd play together as a group of peeps who knew each other personally. Then bb told me to join PB and I did, so here I am, in a more competitive WW with peeps I don't know. End of story.

BTW, I have to say I do think that Luctini has been really defensive about the indie role so far, which to me only makes sense if he's the indie himself. I don't see a town saying what he's said so far, even a noobtown, so:

##UNVOTE: Camoclone

I know I said before that we have to be careful when we read the new players, and I still stand by that, but I don't see why Luctini would be trying to stop speculation surrounding the indie unless he was the indie himself and getting kinda scared about it.

I'm not, really. Luctini didn't bring up any great points, and I was actually the first to challenge CJ's stance on the two lynches thing, but he explained his viewpoint and it now makes total sense, hell I think that after thinking about it a little more I think that CJ's stance holds more water than mine did. I was merely ushering discussion along and trying to help Luctini understand things because we've got to do two lynches today and we've got to get down to work.

I am not trying to side with the indie. Instead, I am trying to move the game along by suggesting that the indie is the one who caused two lynches, and is now using it as a discussion point. I also find it strange that you are defending CJ. It seems as if the only reason to d that was because you knew more about CJ than you are letting on.
##UNVOTE: Chaos Jackal
##VOTE: Celever

Luctini27 brought up great points on multiple occasions, about CJ's odd reaction to two lynches per day.

Explain odd.

@Celever I sincerely doubt that the two lynches is PMJ's doing. A move like that from a host is extremely unlikely, especially with no warning. If it was something like D5 and PMJ posted saying there's a mechanic like it, maybe then. But on a D1, without a notice? Extremely unlikely. No, the two lynches have to be the result of a role.

Hopefully the rest of the players will make their appearance in the next few hours, so that maybe we can get something more from there. Judging by nearly all D1 I've seen, it's probably gonna end up RVS or something, but one can hope.

I am not trying to side with the indie. Instead, I am trying to move the game along by suggesting that the indie is the one who caused two lynches, and is now using it as a discussion point. I also find it strange that you are defending CJ. It seems as if the only reason to d that was because you knew more about CJ than you are letting on.
##UNVOTE: Chaos Jackal
##VOTE: Celever
It wasn't even necessarily defending him, it was just hitting back accusations you made on him to move discussion along faster. I didn't even know if Chaos Jackal was active at the time, and why would we wait a couple hours when we could move discussion along immediately?

Also that vote is total OMGUS.

And that reminds me, I think it was posted before, but I'm going to say it again:
IF YOU ARE NEW TO THIS GAME READ THIS POST. This game is full of acronyms, and we want as little confusion as possible.
Explain odd.

@Celever I sincerely doubt that the two lynches is PMJ's doing. A move like that from a host is extremely unlikely, especially with no warning. If it was something like D5 and PMJ posted saying there's a mechanic like it, maybe then. But on a D1, without a notice? Extremely unlikely. No, the two lynches have to be the result of a role.

Hopefully the rest of the players will make their appearance in the next few hours, so that maybe we can get something more from there. Judging by nearly all D1 I've seen, it's probably gonna end up RVS or something, but one can hope.

I think it's possible. Getting rid of plurality Day 1 is definitely interesting, and it's really powerful for a role to do that (feasibly it could make the day last for a couple weeks) so I think it might well be a host mechanic. Of course, it's only speculation.

And yeah, this is almost definitely going to end in RVS unfortunately, at least the first lynch will. The second lynch maybe (hopefully) not.

I am starting to feel that one of the players who is here at present is the indie, but I'm having trouble tracking down who it might be. That's just gut instinct... But I'm sort of looking at Luctini. OMGUS? Really? I'm pretty sure Luctini is not a noob, am I right?

Oh, and one more thing that I think should be said:
TO HELP THE TOWN:
Just try not to induce a RVS... If it was the indie's intention (providing that they had an ability) to have two lynches on D1 to grab easy kills among RVS, we're going to be decimated, to put it simply. I just wanted to put it out there.

I am starting to feel that one of the players who is here at present is the indie, but I'm having trouble tracking down who it might be. That's just gut instinct... But I'm sort of looking at Luctini. OMGUS? Really? I'm pretty sure Luctini is not a newbie, am I right?
No, this is Luctini's first game, and I certainly noobread him, buuuut...

It wouldn't hurt for all of the players who are having their first game here (which is quite a few, which is good for our community in general if y'all stick around n_n) if they said how much prior experience they have here.

So... Whoever is the most suspicious or evil or whatever gets guillotined? Alright. I'll throw in my vote later.

Ok. Perfect thanks for volunteering yourself as tribute for tonight. I'm parking.

##VOTE: JOSHB

Explain odd.
Well it is abnormal for this behavior, coming form Camo. Normally he is all over RVS, but I kinda missed the time in which he started posting comments. With that being said, Celever actually makes a pretty good point, but my suspicions still remain about Camo.

Also Luctini27, I thought you were town but boy was I wrong. Celver has proven that, in a few ways. For starters, you were totally freaking out after Celever made a simple accusation. He only mentioned that you could be indie, and you flipped out which brings me to my second point. I have no idea why you went total OMGUS after your explanation, that is a very scum thing to do. Until further information is relayed, here is my vote.

Just try not to induce a RVS... If it was the indie's intention (providing that they had an ability) to have two lynches on D1 to grab easy kills among RVS, we're going to be decimated, to put it simply. I just wanted to put it out there.
Ok sure thing man. Lets all sit back and do nothing since the best way to get reads is RVS.

Well it is abnormal for this behavior, coming form Camo. Normally he is all over RVS, but I kinda missed the time in which he started posting comments. With that being said, Celever actually makes a pretty good point, but my suspicions still remain about Camo.
Holy crap yesss! We haven't had a better D1 lynch since KoN last game.

It's kind of a bastard move if a host makes such an important change in mechanics like increasing lynches and not explicitly stating it anywhere. This is further enforced by the game's unique Day mechanic. Such a role fits with the whole picture. Almost definitely one-use, and certainly powerful if used on D1, when info is limited (a further reason why it's probably not a mod mechanic, doing this is pretty nasty at that point).

Backing Camo in what he said. RVS sucks and I certainly wouldn't like it to get there, but it's often the best course of action D1. That aside, Luctini does present a possible lynch option... he is a new player, and his reactions are definitely similar to those of inexperienced anti-town who find themselves accused.

The tense point is bad. It only stands when playing on Mafia scum. Also trying to meta someone with it being this early into the game. I love it when scum volunteers themselves.

lol, Camo sure knows how to make an entrance :p

Camo, I personally think that Luctini is a better sacrifice today. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back