Project The Community Pokédex Project! Poll 3 Results

Reggie McGigas

-
Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to create our own Pokedex! This Pokedex will contain members' favorite Pokemon, and it's up to you to vote on what Pokemon make the cut!

Click here for the link to the poll. This first poll will deterimine our starters, earlygame Pokemon, and our main legendary! I'll leave this up for 5 days before posting the next one. Thanks for checking this out!

This will not be made into an actual game, it will be more of a fun project like last year's Pokemon Shuffle project.

(Note: This might be better in the fourm games section. Mods, feel free to move it there if you'd like).

EDIT 1: This is the link to the second poll now that the first poll is complete.

Last edited:

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I don't understand what the point of this project is.

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
So once the community's favorite Pokemon have been picked, how does this progress? Are you guys going to be creating unique descriptions, attacks, locations, etc. for those Pokemon?

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
IIRC, there are sixteen mods, four super mods, two forum heads, and WPM. While I realize this likely won't be a game, I wonder if we could treat it as if it were, and include Gym Leaders, etc.?

Here's how I figure it could work. Eight mods are the Gym Leaders. The villainous team has trained eight of its admins to be as skilled as Gym Leaders, forming a sort of anti-Pokémon-League. There is no villainous Elite Four, because no one can get as good as them. The anti-Champion, however, is the leader of the villainous team (one forum head is the Champion, on is the villainous team leader). WPM is a Champion is his own right, but also a lot more, like Red in FRLG. He'd be an influence all through the story, and then battled in the postgame as a sort of final test. He could also have something to do with the legendary Pokémon.

My one concern about this would have to be the following:
"Ice Arceus sent out Arceus-Ice!"

Reggie McGigas

-
IIRC, there are sixteen mods, four super mods, two forum heads, and WPM. While I realize this likely won't be a game, I wonder if we could treat it as if it were, and include Gym Leaders, etc.?

Here's how I figure it could work. Eight mods are the Gym Leaders. The villainous team has trained eight of its admins to be as skilled as Gym Leaders, forming a sort of anti-Pokémon-League. There is no villainous Elite Four, because no one can get as good as them. The anti-Champion, however, is the leader of the villainous team (one forum head is the Champion, on is the villainous team leader). WPM is a Champion is his own right, but also a lot more, like Red in FRLG. He'd be an influence all through the story, and then battled in the postgame as a sort of final test. He could also have something to do with the legendary Pokémon.

That's actually a really good idea. Let's come up with a region and story and treat it like a game (like Pokemon Shuffle)

So once the community's favorite Pokemon have been picked, how does this progress? Are you guys going to be creating unique descriptions, attacks, locations, etc. for those Pokemon?

Yep! That's the plan. A full on region, but unless someone has the skills or resources to do so this will just be a place for ideas, no ROM hack yet. But we can come up with ideas for a story and region.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
This looks super cool! I can't wait to see where I end up. :p I went ahead and put in my votes, too, mostly just picking my favourites for each section. >_> I can't wait to see how it turns out. :3

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

My only concern with this idea is that mods pass and go so, uh, what do we do to compensate that?

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
New mods become Youngster Joeys. If they train their Rattatas up hard enough, maybe they can become a Gym Leader if/when another mod steps down. :p

Reggie McGigas

-
My only concern with this idea is that mods pass and go so, uh, what do we do to compensate that?

Why not vote on who the gym leaders should be once we finish up the dex? Perhaps another idea instead of mods is that we do 8 of Pokebeach's favorite gym leaders?

I'm also proud to announce we have hit 15 responses! Keep it coming everyone!

EDIT: 20 responses! Wow!

Last edited:

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
My votes are in! :D

In order to expand the gyms and E4, the types of it should be voted first (the ones from the top 12 with less votes would be the first gyms and the most voted would be E4 and the latter gyms) and after having the winner types, all people interested should submit themselves for a type-group and then inside each group they would battle to win the position! As for the Champion, it would be the first opponent to win the badges and defeat E4. No preference for staff, more so because this started as a member thing, not coming from the top!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Voted for what I'd like to see. This sounds like a really interesting project and can't wait to see it progress.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I like Leaf_Ranger's idea about putting the gym leaders to a vote, but I think the Champion and E4 should remain as staff. WPM could be the Champion, and the Elite Four could be another vote with all other staff as the nominees. Also, whoever gets poison or flying, please put Crobat on your team. :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I like the idea of voting for Gym Leaders and Elite Four. :) Perhaps vote on types first and then assign users to the gyms/places to match types?

Reggie McGigas

-
Hey guys, I'm just letting you know that I am moving the deadline for voting up to August 5 at 6:30 PM EST. I haven't gotten any submissions in the last 7 or 8 hours and currently we are at a whopping 27 submissions!!

I'll give you guys a hint to what the results are looking like right now: There is a lot of competition for who the main legendary will be. In fact, there is a 6-way tie for second place!

Last edited:

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
This seems pretty cool! I second Leaf_Ranger's Idea about voting for Gym leader types and the like, but can't help but wonder where us ordinary folks fall into this.

Reggie McGigas

-
This seems pretty cool! I second Leaf_Ranger's Idea about voting for Gym leader types and the like, but can't help but wonder where us ordinary folks fall into this.

We can vote on who the gym leaders are once, as well as the rest of the roles, once we finish the Pokedex.

EDIT: 30 Responses!!

Reggie McGigas

-
Just letting you guys know that there is 1 hour and 30 minutes left to vote for the Dex! We have 33 responses right now!

Part two should be up in less than 2 hours.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Just letting you guys know that there is 1 hour and 30 minutes left to vote for the Dex! We have 33 responses right now!

Part two should be up in less than 2 hours.

All right, sounds like this will be a smashing success. 33 people have chipped in their two cents via voting and I can't wait to see what the forum community as a whole decided on how the Community Pokedex will be formed.