Project JiJi-T's Fakemon Region Rebirth

JiJi-T

ID [ Dream ] We all are living in a dream!
Hello Pokébeach, I waited so long for uploading my Fakémon art work! But I got the courage and uploaded my Traditional Art on Deviantart, but I want too show my Fakémon on Pokébeach too so I hope you like them! :)
fakemon_grass_starter_by_jai_ti-d90p38f.jpg
fakemon_fire_starter_by_jai_ti-d90p68v.jpg
fakemon_water_starter_by_jai_ti-d90p83i.jpg

The final form of the Water Starter doesnt have a name and colors... But I'll give them all a redesign!

Please dont copyright them!

My English is not so great so don't judge haha! :p

Last edited:

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
First of all, very nice work! I think I would choose the Grass-type, partially because of its semi-unique typing, partially because the design is fantastic. The Fire-type would make a close second, though, and the Water an even closer third.

Second of all, I would suggest giving digital coloring a try! Xous has some great tutorials on the subject. They really add a lot to the overall design, with or without shading.

Third, if I may suggest a name for the Water-type starter's final form, how about Tawater? Tawaret is an Egyptian goddess often depicted with the head of a hippo, and water is water.

JiJi-T

First of all, very nice work! I think I would choose the Grass-type, partially because of its semi-unique typing, partially because the design is fantastic. The Fire-type would make a close second, though, and the Water an even closer third.

Second of all, I would suggest giving digital coloring a try! Xous has some great tutorials on the subject. They really add a lot to the overall design, with or without shading.

Third, if I may suggest a name for the Water-type starter's final form, how about Tawater? Tawaret is an Egyptian goddess often depicted with the head of a hippo, and water is water.

Hi Jabberwock, I appreciate your comment very much and thanks for even watching my art!

I am glad you like my Starters!
I want first more practice again for traditional drawing (because I bought '' Prisma Colors 150 set '' they were expensive so...) but thanks for your advice because my Digital skills sucks so hard... I need too try digital drawing more because thats the future...

The name Tawaret sounds cool, but I dont know if it suits with Aquappo, Bouldermus and then Tawaret? But thanks for thinking about a name! :)
And especially because it is a Egyptian name, because I based my starters of Rebirth symbols lol! Lotus / Phoenix and the Hippo :)

Jabberwock

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Articles Staff
I was thinking Tawater, not Tawaret, so you wouldn't be outright using the name of an Egyptian goddess (although they've used Golem, Electrode, and Seel, but still). Naturally, you don't have to take the suggestion. :)

You did very well, considering you didn't color digitally. I have problems with uneven shading when I use any medium that's not digital, but you nailed it. Nicely done. :)

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
Are these done with coloured pencils? Reburnix's shading is really nice. Would have been great if you had continued that into the wings. The last evos of the fire and water line are good. That hippo looks like a fusion between Hippodon and Diancie. Would like to see more. You do a good job at showing off their main features.

JiJi-T

@Jabberwock , Thanks for giving me that compliment and maybe I'll choose that name if I can't find a other. :p

@bbninjas, Thanks for liking my Fakémon post! :)

@Delta, Thanks for looking on my thread and giving me some great compliments! And a answer to your question, yeah I colored them with pencils (Prisma Colors) :D
Also thanks for giving me some advice too! (I'll redesign them)

Here is a Fairy type Fakémon based of an Angora Rabbit and a Electric/Ground type Fakémon based of a Cocosnut Crab and his evolution (They will get a redesign) I don't have names for them either!

fakemon_angora_fairy_rabbit___cocosnut_crab_by_jai_ti-d90qieb.jpg

Last edited:

JiJi-T

Some OLD designs from my Fakémon, a Fakémon based of a Secretary Bird and one based of a Pig :)

fakemon_secretary_bird___pig_old_designs_2013_by_jai_ti-d90uvtl.jpg

They will get a redesign + I don't have any names for them

I hope you like them :)

JiJi-T

This is the redesign from my Fakémon that was based of a Secretary Bird!

fakemon_redesign_the_secretary_bird_by_jai_ti-d913q37.jpg

You can see the old designs above so you can see the differents between the two designs! :)
I hope you like them

@Ice Arceus Thanks for the like on my post!

JiJi-T

This is the redesign from my Fakémon that was based of a Pig!

fakemon_redesign_the_pig_by_jai_ti-d915gxt.jpg

I hope you like them! :)

JiJi-T

This is my first Digital drawing so don't judge too hard! :)

fakemon__16__toritsu_by_jai_ti-d91988k.png

It's not so great, but still my first Digital drawing ever!!! I will try to do more on the Digital way to become better!
Any tips or advice is welcome!

I hope that you like it! :)

Ice Arceus

#Jovimohnaeliackvid
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Not bad for your first attempt at it. One of the primary things I would focus on is trying to keep the lines consistent. The thickness you have now for the pen is great for beginners, but I would slowly transition into a thinner one to get a more realistic feel for the art. Make the lines complete as well, as I see a tiny white area where the line hasn't totally made a connection to another. Additionally, the color transition/gradient (especially near the wings) is a plus for the artwork, but I would try to smooth it down a bit more.

JiJi-T

@Ice Arceus , Thanks for giving me some tips/advice I appreciate that! And you are right about connecting the lines :p But I'll work on that its hard but still the future~ Traditional art is much easier for me, but maybe later in the future I can both with skills!

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
What program are you using? It is much easier to help if we know what you have available. :) Also, the link in the above art is broken, I think. I suggest you upload them on Devianart or Imgur and get the link from there.

JiJi-T

@bbninjas Thanks for saying that I already take the link of because I didnt finished the drawing because I did something wrong xD! But I am using Paint tool SAI. :)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
@bbninjas Thanks for saying that I already take the link of because I didnt finished the drawing because I did something wrong xD! But I am using Paint tool SAI. :)
Hmm, Paint is extremely difficult to use and make something look particularly neat. I know that @Athena is quite amazing in Paint, so you could get tips from her, but otherwise I suggest downloading something like GIMP, a free image editor, that could be useful in making digital art. I haven't got much experience with it, however, so I don't know if it would work.

JiJi-T

@bbninjas I think the program Paint SAI is not so difficult too use, but its more that you have too try things out. A friend of my have the same program and if I need help that I can't find or get on here I can ask my friend for it. But I can try maybe GIMP, if I dont become better in using the program Paint SAI.
But thanks for your reply! :)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I know that @Athena is quite amazing in Paint, so you could get tips from her...

Dunno what you're talking about bb, I never even heard about PaintTool SAI until I saw these posts in this thread. :p I use Photoshop for my own art, at least the colouring end; I still do all of my original drawings traditionally and then scan them.

That said, I do find that just playing around in the software, whichever software it is, is fun and a great way to learn things. It might be kind of frustrating at first, though, so I wish you the best of luck, Jiji-T. You've got some very cute designs. :D

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Dunno what you're talking about bb, I never even heard about PaintTool SAI until I saw these posts in this thread. :p I use Photoshop for my own art, at least the colouring end; I still do all of my original drawings traditionally and then scan them.

That said, I do find that just playing around in the software, whichever software it is, is fun and a great way to learn things. It might be kind of frustrating at first, though, so I wish you the best of luck, Jiji-T. You've got some very cute designs. :D
I do believe I mistakened Microsoft Paint for PaintTool SAI, apologies to both of you. @JiJi-T Is there a line tool and then a tool that can shape those lines (called Shape Tool in CorelDraw)?

JiJi-T

@Athena Thank you for wishing me luck and the compliment for my Fakémon designs!

@bbninjas It's alright we are human so we can make a mistake! ;) But an answer for your question: I don't know yet... lol I'm still playing with the PaintTool SAI.

JiJi-T

Hi I want too show my Fanart drawing for Steffenka from here and Astralshock someone from deviantart!
fan_art_group_steffenka_and_astralshock__by_jai_ti-d9235tj.jpg

- Peluala [ Koala ] - Frighdarian [ Jellyfish ] - Budden [ Cat ] and Scaremone [ Sea Anemone ] are from Astralshock ©
- Explorat [ Rat ] - FuzzBuzz [ Bee ] - Kettpet [ Tea Elefant ] - Plachyx [ Platypus ] - Drakite [ Kite ] - Teepi and Teepion [ Indian Tipi's ] are from @steffenka ©
- And the rest is my Fakémon ©

I hope you like them too! :D