TCG Fakes Kate's Image-Based Fakes [Hoenn Excellence in Progress]

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Would the card be even a little playable if it does discarding one Special Energy from just only Active Pokémon for 4 energies and has so few HP? :)
tbf, Psychic often has a type of energy acceleration. Until rotation, there was Gardevoir, which would make it so you only need to attach two energy! Of course, that would be very difficult to achieve, so I see where you're coming from.

Added preview of Magcargo, looking for suggestions for its attacks :)
I suggest you have a look at past Magcargo cards, as well as it's Pokedex entries. Also have a look at details about Flannery's Magcargo, like what attacks does it have in RSE and ORAS?

When I look at the past Magcargo cards, I notice a lot of attacks that discarding the top card of your deck. Looking at the Pokedex entries, there is a lot about brittle shells, hot temperatures, flames bursting from the shell and ability to enlarging itself. Any attack/ability inspirations yet? Flannery's Magcargo in the Anime used Ember, Flamethrower, Sandstorm, Double Team, and Reflect. In the games, Magcargo has used Ancient Power, Earth Power, Lave Plume and Shell Smash in later versions, while in RS has used Overheat, Attract, Light Screen and Rock Slide. Some, if not all, of those attacks can be found on real cards, which you can find using this searcher.

kachitta

Team Aqua Grunt
Added all stadiums :)
dewford_gym__hoenn_excellence_110_131__by_kachitta-d8x9ndg.png
fortree_gym__hoenn_excellence_114_131__by_kachitta-d8x9nru.png
lavaridge_gym__hoenn_excellence_117_131__by_kachitta-d8x9nz4.png
mauville_gym__hoenn_excellence_118_131__by_kachitta-d8x9o7a.png
mossdeep_gym__hoenn_excellence_120_131__by_kachitta-d8x9ohl.png
petalburg_gym__hoenn_excellence_122_131__by_kachitta-d8x9okv.png
rustboro_gym__hoenn_excellence_125_131__by_kachitta-d8x9ooh.png
sootopolis_gym__hoenn_excellence_126_131__by_kachitta-d8x9our.png

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wow! Your work is just getting better and better each time you post! Those are beautiful, and most of them are very creative! Outstanding! Would you mind letting in on your tips to make those art?

kachitta

Team Aqua Grunt
tbf, Psychic often has a type of energy acceleration. Until rotation, there was Gardevoir, which would make it so you only need to attach two energy! Of course, that would be very difficult to achieve, so I see where you're coming from.
I'm sorry, I somehow missed your previous post.. There are always overpowered combinations in PTCG and if we can't eliminate them, we should make them at least more diverse. Also I'm not particular about making super-real cards, it's more likely fun to me :)
I suggest you have a look at past Magcargo cards, as well as it's Pokedex entries. Also have a look at details about Flannery's Magcargo, like what attacks does it have in RSE and ORAS? When I look at the past Magcargo cards, I notice a lot of attacks that discarding the top card of your deck. Looking at the Pokedex entries, there is a lot about brittle shells, hot temperatures, flames bursting from the shell and ability to enlarging itself. Any attack/ability inspirations yet? Flannery's Magcargo in the Anime used Ember, Flamethrower, Sandstorm, Double Team, and Reflect. In the games, Magcargo has used Ancient Power, Earth Power, Lave Plume and Shell Smash in later versions, while in RS has used Overheat, Attract, Light Screen and Rock Slide. Some, if not all, of those attacks can be found on real cards, which you can find using this searcher.
I'm using Bulbapedia and Pokepedia.net for research, sites that outclass official searcher by many levels. But the best ideas come from other fakers, so I asked. I'm thinking about every Gym Leader's Pokémon have particular theme, but discarding is already done by Tate & Liza :)
Wow! Your work is just getting better and better each time you post! Those are beautiful, and most of them are very creative! Outstanding! Would you mind letting in on your tips to make those art?
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :) Some tips? I have prepared bitmaps with gym field and gym sign in their normal shape. I copy them to some real-life image and transform them using Scale, Perspective and Cage Transform tools to fit onto the surface in the image. Then I copy the base image into the Layer Mask of the inserted layer to apply the texture, sometimes it's needed to adjust Brightness-Contrast of the mask. When the surface is jagged, I split the inserted layer in several ones and transform them using Cage Transform until I have a feeling of reality. Is it clear?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I'm sorry, I somehow missed your previous post.. There are always overpowered combinations in PTCG and if we can't eliminate them, we should make them at least more diverse. Also I'm not particular about making super-real cards, it's more likely fun to me :)

I'm using Bulbapedia and Pokepedia.net for research, sites that outclass official searcher by many levels. But the best ideas come from other fakers, so I asked. I'm thinking about every Gym Leader's Pokémon have particular theme, but discarding is already done by Tate & Liza :)

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it :) Some tips? I have prepared bitmaps with gym field and gym sign in their normal shape. I copy them to some real-life image and transform them using Scale, Perspective and Cage Transform tools to fit onto the surface in the image. Then I copy the base image into the Layer Mask of the inserted layer to apply the texture, sometimes it's needed to adjust Brightness-Contrast of the mask. When the surface is jagged, I split the inserted layer in several ones and transform them using Cage Transform until I have a feeling of reality. Is it clear?
The only thing not familiar to me is the cage transform. Is it in Photoshop or GIMP, or something else? (I use Corel but I can probs find an equivalent).

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Oh, I love that artwork, and it does seem perfect to use as a Full Art card! :D I'm surprised you managed to avoid making a "7.8/10 too much water" joke, though. :p