• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Brutal Beat-Down (M Lucario EX / Machamp)

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
Well it took me nearly a year to make this deck up (Due to being stuck in a country which is a dry spot for anything Pokémon related, and people not having the cards to trade), but I was finally able to put this together last night. It's not quite what I had pictured for it, but I think it should still be workable nonetheless.

Pokémon:
  • 1 Groudon EX (PRC 150/160)
  • 1 M Lucario EX (Furious Fists 55/111)
  • 2 Lucario EX (Furious Fists 54/111)
  • 2 Medicham (PRC 80 and 81/160)
  • 3 Meditite (PRC 79/160)
  • 4 Machop (Furious Fists 44/111)
  • 3 Machoke (Furious Fists 45/111)
  • 2 Machamp (Furious Fists 46/111 and XY13)
  • 2 Hitmonlee (Furious Fists 47/111)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 4 Korrina
  • 2 Energy Retrieval
  • 4 Muscle Band
  • 1 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Wally
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Pal Pad
  • 1 Robo Substitute Team Flare Gear
  • 1 Pokémon Fan Club
Energy:
  • 16 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Strong Energy
Strategy:

A fairly simple one - get Machop evolved to Machamp as quickly as possible (by using Wally and VS Seeker in tandem, and Pal Pad to get Wally back to the deck once I'm out of Seekers), and get my heavy hitters (Machamp and Lucario/M Lucario) geared up with Strong Energy to deliver crippling damage quickly. The Robo Substitute is a backup card to serve as a shield if I need to finish prepping a Pokémon to attack. As an offensive backup, Medicham's Windmill Kick powered up with Strong Energy can help to heavily damage and confuse an opponent's Pokémon, and maybe forcing a retreat. (If it makes them discard energy from stronger Pokémon to try to conserve them, then it's not too big a drawback)

Let me know what you think :)

Okay, first of all: Why so many energy? Reduce it to about 4 Strong and 6 fighting basic. Second, you have too much needless pokemon like the Medicham line or Hitmonlees, if it's going to be a simple Lucario/Machamp deck. Running a 3-2 Medicham would be more sensible in a Medicham/Machamp with Lucario as a one/two-of tech. Third: Too less consistency. There are poor chances of drawing into a Wally when he's needed, and Korrina takes up our supporter, so you most of the time will be able to search a single pokemon per turn.
SO, overall, as I see it:
-10 fighting energy.
- 1 Groudon EX
- 3 Meditite
- 2 Medicham
- 1 Machop
-2 Hitmonlee
+ 2 Wally
+ 1 Machamp
+ 2 Rare Candy
+ 4 Professor Sycamore
+ 3 N
+ 2 Ultra Ball
+2 Landorus
+1 Proffessors Letter.

And that leaves 3 open spaces in the Deck to splash something else.

Okay, first of all: Why so many energy? Reduce it to about 4 Strong and 6 fighting basic. Second, you have too much needless pokemon like the Medicham line or Hitmonlees, if it's going to be a simple Lucario/Machamp deck. Running a 3-2 Medicham would be more sensible in a Medicham/Machamp with Lucario as a one/two-of tech. Third: Too less consistency. There are poor chances of drawing into a Wally when he's needed, and Korrina takes up our supporter, so you most of the time will be able to search a single pokemon per turn.
SO, overall, as I see it:
-10 fighting energy.
- 1 Groudon EX
- 3 Meditite
- 2 Medicham
- 1 Machop
-2 Hitmonlee
+ 2 Wally
+ 1 Machamp
+ 2 Rare Candy
+ 4 Professor Sycamore
+ 3 N
+ 2 Ultra Ball
+2 Landorus
+1 Proffessors Letter.

And that leaves 3 open spaces in the Deck to splash something else.

Given that I'm not going to be able to play test this deck until I get back from Ireland, by that time the new Rotation will be in effect and N won't be allowed to be used anymore. I don't think I have any Landorus either (Also you're being unspecific - WHICH Landorus?), and these are made from cards which I know I have available to me and don't have to deconstruct previous decks to get to.

By a general rule of thumb, I never run anything less than 10-12 Energy cards, I usually keep my decks at a 20/20/20 line if I can help it.

Also meant to say is that I have no other copies of Machamp or Wally - these decks are made with the cards available, and ONLY the cards I have available to me at the time.

Last edited:
I do agree with the changes he made, but not knowing with what cards you have on hand, I won't be able to accurately help. bTw I belive he meant the land ours from FFI. Also, having 20 energy is a very excessive amount which limits the consistency of the deck, a lot of th time they will be dead cards

Back