Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Why Primal Groudon and not Mega Ampharos? ugh sometimes the decisions TPCi makes confuse me greatly (poor Kyogre too) :C

BUT it is exciting that I beleive this is the first time a Pokemon has been Shiny on pack artwork O:

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
Is the article blinking because it's a Pokebeach exclusive? (On the front page)

Anyways, I'm really excited for this set, and I cannot wait to see all the cards :D

Kenneth Ecker

Aspiring Trainer
News Staff
I can hardly contain my excitement.

sarcastic-clapping-jon-stewart.gif

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Why Primal Groudon/M. Rayquaza and not Primal Kyogre? Why any of the shinies instead of M. Ampharos or M. Sceptile? Sigh, I wonder how they decide who gets the pack art positions?

At least we know two more cards in this set.

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
Awesome art on the booster packs. I really like the post primal clash booster packs. This the first time we have a shiny on a booster pack right?

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
owl.gif
They are so great ^.^ I can't bare my excitement to see the actual cards :p The TCG does it again :)

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
So, given the Shiny Legendaries are on the booster pack, are we going to see completely new cards as opposed to Shiny reprints?

fourthstartcg

Aspiring Trainer
So, given the Shiny Legendaries are on the booster pack, are we going to see completely new cards as opposed to Shiny reprints?

I don't think so. I mean then we would have 3 different copies of M-Rayquaza EX, which seems a little absurd. I expect shiny reprints, although with different artwork instead of just recoloration. Really hoping we get full art versions of these shiny cards...my wallet, not so much.

Otaku

The wise fool?
I don't think so. I mean then we would have 3 different copies of M-Rayquaza EX, which seems a little absurd. I expect shiny reprints, although with different artwork instead of just recoloration. Really hoping we get full art versions of these shiny cards...my wallet, not so much.

Plus remember that the "Shiney reprint" concept creates a chase rare for the collectors that does not punish the players; we already have (slightly) more common versions available.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
That Mega Tyranitar pack art is really cute.
Extremely cute.

Also I really hope this set makes stage 2s more viable.

zorinjarkraiveltal

Shadow Trainer
Everyone pondering why they've used shiny Pokémon on the pack arts, I think it's because of the colour of M Ampharos and M Sceptile. Maybe not Sceptile but I would say Ampharos is more elegant than creepy/mysterious. Also especially with Ampharos the colour scheme of the packs wouldn't really mix.

Sidenote - Anyone think Tyranitar has lost a bit of weight :p

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...

It depends on what the set will be. If it is a "Legendary Treasures" Set then 100% reprint. (Which is cool because Shiny MRAY and Groudon are freaking awesome! If not then it's a possibility... :p I don't mind, really... Variety is what I believe the game needs :p