Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Forget any new cards, that logo is beautiful. This is also the first time I've ever wanted to buy an Elite Trainer Box.

Will hold out on excitement over Mega Ampharos until I see the art.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I just realized that the set description says "Shiny versions of Primal Kyogre-EX, Primal Groudon-EX, and M Rayquaza-EX will also be in the set because of their shiny appearances in the Hoopa movie", but only Rayquaza is Shiny in the movie? idk it's whatever as long as we get more Shiny cards <3

Forget any new cards, that logo is beautiful. This is also the first time I've ever wanted to buy an Elite Trainer Box.

Will hold out on excitement over Mega Ampharos until I see the art.

So glad someone else can appreciate that amazing logo, much better than Roaring Skies' pretty bad one lol

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I can only recognize Tyranitar but it's definitely the Mega, because of the attack name being all over the card and those sparks in the artwork we usually see on Megas... And it's a Dark-type, it seems...

xGallade

Galladite
Definitely a Dark-type Mega Tyranitar EX confirmed! As for the Electric-type blurred card, it looks like an Ampharos, not sure if regular or Mega.

Scorched Feathers

Aspiring Trainer
Oh yes, I forgot it was Pokémon's job to answer our prayers :p

I'm super happy with how this set is going! We wanted a Tyranitar, we're getting one. Same for Unown! Though, I wish the Tyranitar-EX was Fighting, just for a change.

Unown seems to have some sort of ability, as well as an attack for 10 damage, which I assume is for [P]. Now we just need an Ampharos-EX :D

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Oh yes, I forgot it was Pokémon's job to answer our prayers :p

I'm super happy with how this set is going! We wanted a Tyranitar, we're getting one. Same for Unown! Though, I wish the Tyranitar-EX was Fighting, just for a change.

Unown seems to have some sort of ability, as well as an attack for 10 damage, which I assume is for [P]. Now we just need an Ampharos-EX :D

If it's anything other than Hidden Power I'll figuratively eat my hat

TheStrictNein

Man, I really want to go to one of these Japanese card stores where they have what seems like 100s of cards up on the wall.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Wow. This set is getting better by the day. Good work Nintendo. Lowering the expectation by putting Lugia Ex en Kyurem ex in the set and then BAM! Three awesome Mega Pokemon and Unown. So nice to get that old Pokemon feeling back again. XY is by far my favorite generation (DPPt is my least favorite) and Ancient Origins could be my favorite XY set (FlashFire was the worst). I hope we get a batter N replacement than Ace Trainer.

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, wait a minute!
The background of the Ace Trainer card is the end of Victory Road in Hoenn.
Does that mean that XY8 will focus on the Hoenn Elite 4 or we might move back to Kalos Again... (The XY sets left Kalos after Phantom Forces). There is still so much to explore and we are still waiting for the introduction of Zygrade in the TCG, but that may not happen until Pokemon Z wil be released...

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
...as if Mega Rayquaza-EX wasn't already broken, now we have a video of the card in action with Hoopa, and it's gonna wreck everything.

Green778

It's always darkest before the dawn...
What a convincing win :p Too bad it never happens in real life >.< But like I said variety is what the game needs. Equally powered decks that are up to how good the player is with them. The game needs skill, not decks that everyone can play with. *cough* seismitoad *cough*

p.s. it looks like unown will have a good effect... I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Victor Freitas

Aspiring Trainer
I love those japanese live actions commercials. Especially the frustrated opponent after the "EMERALD BREAK!" announcement. lol

That said, I really hope we don't get another like that Roaring Skies CG one.

TheStrictNein

What a convincing win :p Too bad it never happens in real life >.< But like I said variety is what the game needs. Equally powered decks that are up to how good the player is with them. The game needs skill, not decks that everyone can play with. *cough* seismitoad *cough*

p.s. it looks like unown will have a good effect... I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

10 bucks says it's a reprint of Unown-Z's ability from Secret Wonders