Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
Two of my favorite Megas (Ampharos and Sceptile) AND the true return of Shiny Pokemon? omg this set finally has my attention <3

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
I personally wouldn't mind either one, I just wasn't a fan of the Gold Megas BECAUSE they weren't Shiny and easily could've been lol

The BCR-PLB Shinies were actually new artwork and a differently designed card. The XY series SR Pokemon bar Dialga are all just exactly the same card, with a photoshop tool replacing one background colour with gold.

Pokemans Trainer

That one trainer from that one episode
Come on, I need Mega Blaziken in a pack. I know it's like a tournament promo or whatever but I just wanna be able to pull my own M Blaziken

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
The BCR-PLB Shinies were actually new artwork and a differently designed card. The XY series SR Pokemon bar Dialga are all just exactly the same card, with a photoshop tool replacing one background colour with gold.

Okay yeah you have a point there., new artwork would be nice

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Mega Ampharos and the return of Shiny Pokémon! \o/ This is the best news for the set so far. :3

Is it too much to hope for that the Shiny Megas to also be FAs? >_> <_<

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Ampharos and the return of Shiny Pokémon! \o/ This is the best news for the set so far. :3

That would be just too good to be real, but I hope so...

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
Finally M Tyranitar. will it be dark or rock, I hope it's rock and M ampharos to be dragon. I geuss M sceptile might not be included in bandit ring.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
Wow, this set looks awesome ex wise. Machamp, Sceptile, Ampharos and Tyranitar Full Arts. After being really disappointed with Roaring Skies I cannot wait for this set to be released.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Have to wait and see what happens with the Sceptile thing. We haven't seen the promo Sceptile EX either but we know we're getting it in June. Though certainly not impossible I doubt we'd get promos of m. Blaziken and m. Swampert and not m. Sceptile. Still we could easily get two m. Sceptile cards (promo and set) and they could still be grass types. I think it likely we'll have two different ones as we did with Gallade EX.

I do wonder which m. Rayquaza EX we'll get. I would bet on the colorless one myself.

TheFearsomeFroakie

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure if anyone's mentioned this, but the symbol on Celebi's card is Theta. Do you think this has anything to do with the future Pokemon games? It is a plane angle in Geometry, so maybe it could be related to X and Y, or possibly something to do with the circular nature of the rings, suggesting that Hoopa may possibly play a large role in upcoming events, maybe a Theta version, or a Theta Z..?
I'm probably overthinking this, though. Too much.
Oh, right. The cards.
Yes, new cards.
This is a thread about TCG.
They look pretty awesome, love the design, and that Machamp... Its Crazy Hammer sounds intense... That is, to a TCG noob like myself, haha.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
For what it's worth I don't think the theta trait has anything to do with the next game in line, no more than the delta trait in Roaring Skies had anyrhing to do with the delta species Pokemon (unfortunately). I'd bet anything the next game in line is either Z or X2/Y2.

Now gen 7 on the other hand, well who knows.

TheFearsomeFroakie

Aspiring Trainer
For what it's worth I don't think the theta trait has anything to do with the next game in line, no more than the delta trait in Roaring Skies had anyrhing to do with the delta species Pokemon (unfortunately). I'd bet anything the next game in line is either Z or X2/y2.

Now gen 7 on the other hand, well who knows.

That's true, I suppose, although Delta did seem to correspond with Rayquaza, whereas Theta seems somewhat random. As I said, though, I'm most likely looking into this too much. Hoping for a Z!

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Wa, no Gyarados :O

Can't say I'm disappointed, but not as overly hyped about the set as Roaring Skies. I am very interested to see what the [D] and [L] special energy will be (we can assume based off the megas).

So I am assuming that Tyranitar will be [D] and Ampharos [L] to match with the special energies.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
Ampharos EX will be a Lightning type but M Ampharos EX could be a dragon type. The only type change Mega is Charizard X but it's without a link. You get to change your weakness and you gain access to all the perks of being a dragon. The base line being Lightning is usually nice as it's often been a good typing to have access to.

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer

think about it though ,they said "shiny EX prmals and mega" I highly doubt that if these are like the shinys from the black and white era that they would be EX cards.
I honestly think these are going to be shiny ex full arts of some sort.
we already got a shiny rayquaza in dragons exalted also but it wasn't an ex!!
If these are ex cards then they will be nothing like the shinys of the black and white era ( the gold bordered ones mostly)
I consider this compelling evidence for shiny ex full arts of some sort!!!