Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Now we gotta deal with a new Mewtwo clone that can have NO Weakness thanks to Altaria?

It's amazing how putting Weakness block on a Stage 2 makes it a "Worthless junk card that will never ever be playable" and putting it on a Tool makes it a "Waste of a Tool since I won't be able to use Muscle Band", but on a Stage 1? "Freaking OP. Breaks format. Unfair."

It's amazing how putting Weakness block on a Stage 2 makes it a "Worthless junk card that will never ever be playable" and putting it on a Tool makes it a "Waste of a Tool since I won't be able to use Muscle Band", but on a Stage 1? "Freaking OP. Breaks format. Unfair."
well it does make Rayquaza a pain to deal with lmao

The ability is diffrent!
Hooper searches 3 cards and only EX and on the other hand Dragonite searches for 2 basics and puts them directly on the bench and if your bench is full, he can't search!

Ofc a cardgame is repeating something or taking inspiration by old, fanfavorit cards!
Just look at the "mother of it all" Magic the Gathering, they kinda "reprint" cards over and over. ;)

Too bad Pokemon can't learn a thing from Magic and just reprint the cards as well...the same card. -glances over at Energy Returner and Wally's Training-

There not going to put each and every legendary from the movie in this set hahaha i bet we get one more legendary and then the rest are going to be non legendary. There are a total of 11 ex's in this set according to amiami so were missing 8 , minus 3 megas ( whatever they will be) so 5 more basic ex plus the megas.

There probably will be each and every Legendary from the movie in the Legendary Holo Collection that's being launched alongside Bandit Ring in Japan. It seems to have 1 Pikachu card and 2 EXs.

Because Altaria can be set up turn one due to Delta Evolution and covers all Colourless pokemon in play on your team, not just one like Weakness Policy does.

There probably will be each and every Legendary from the movie in the Legendary Holo Collection that's being launched alongside Bandit Ring in Japan. It seems to have 1 Pikachu card and 2 EXs.
Well yes , i also do agree that most , if not all legendaries will be in the mini set! I was just referring to bandit ring.
on ami ami it says 2 ex's for the mini set and 11 for bandit ring. I personally think if arceus isnt in bandit ring then he will get the 2 ex slots in the mini set but there are no secret rares in the mini set so that means no full arts?? I personally am hyped for this set just like i was for primal clash and roaring skies haha these have been some amazing sets for collectors and avid fans of the franchise.

I think it was around Furious Fists release that I mentioned wanting a Machamp Full Art, so this is awesome news. So far we have Hoopa, Lugia and Machamp.

Now we just need the Full Art Steven, also will Ace Trainer get a full art? If they do then Steven's better be in this set as well...

Hopefully they don't mess up the artwork on the full art like they did the regular one though. That just looks too CGI.

I do wish that Virizion was a fighting type.

I like Celebi's ability, too bad it's attack is horrible.

Machamp EX is just...well it's okay.

Now let's see the megas.

Celebi will be the new Exeggcute for rayquaza decks I think. Also put a focus sash on that Machamp EX and we will be good to go.

Well, looks like we've got a new staple Trainer guys.

3 cards is rough though, much rougher than N normallym

Machamp ex was definitely not expected hahaha that celebi art though!! Sick.
this is still bothering me though , why hoopa unbound wasn't made as a mega type card!! Are we not going to have a mega with the set name?? Or what?? The anticipation is killing me

I knew the Hoopa art wasn't made by one of the regular computer artists! I love all the other artwork we've seen so far too, can't wait to see the rest of the set!

this is still bothering me though , why hoopa unbound wasn't made as a mega type card!! Are we not going to have a mega with the set name??

I think the reasoning behind Hoopa not being a Mega, is because Hoopa Unbound isn't a Mega Evolution, but just a forme change. If Hoopa Unbound should be a Mega, then shouldn't Shaymin Sky forme also be one?

Love that Celebi promo. I hope it'll stay a promo in the English release and get galaxy holofoil treatment like Regirock for maximum gorgeousness.

Oh damn, that Machamp Ex is sweet! Celebi looks amazing too, i wish they would make the three quarter artwork cards more commonplace in the new sets :D

Love that Celebi promo. I hope it'll stay a promo in the English release and get galaxy holofoil treatment like Regirock for maximum gorgeousness.

Hmm, im guessing it'll be promoted to be part of the English expansion rather than stay a promo, on top of that i cant imagine a three quarter artwork card in galaxy holofoil style :(

Hmm, im guessing it'll be promoted to be part of the English expansion rather than stay a promo, on top of that i cant imagine a three quarter artwork card in galaxy holofoil style :(

Well, if your imagination is that poor you can always go out to a retail store and check out the Roaring Skies 3-pack blister that includes the Regirock card shown in this article. :D

It's not uncommon for some Japanese promos to be kept as promos specifically for 3-pack or 1-pack blister promotions. As an example, the Ditto that was included as a promo in the Primal Clash 3-packs was also a booster box promo (just like Celebi) when it was released in Japan.

From first impressions, I can tell that Ace Trainer will most likely be a staple - it's like N but just that bit more evil, guaranteeing you get six cards and your opponent will only have four at the start of their turn. Hoopa-EX is indeed done by a new artist, but I can't tell from the small text. Lugia-EX is done by Eske Yoshinob, who also drew DRX Rayquaza-EX and is quite possibly one of my favourite Artists in the Pokémon TCG.

From the new cards, Machamp-EX doesn't really impress me that much; I can't quite see what it'd do in a deck other than just being there, unless it can be worked in. Thrash seems like a fun attack, though! Celebi is a wonderful card, though I think it's a little overhyped. Is that a new Ancient Trait or am I just not up with the news? The Ancient Trait and Ability are both really useful, and while the attack is a little lacking Celebi is still a basic Pokémon. Other than that, I must say Virizion has very good-looking art!

I do wish that Virizion was a fighting type.

I like Celebi's ability, too bad it's attack is horrible.

Really? If your opponent has a Seismitoad EX/Groudon P EX/Kyogre P EX as an Active, and your Celebi has attached a Silver Bangle, it does 80 damage to the Active and 10 to each his/her Pokémon on Bench. And the best is the next turn, because your opponent's may not take a prize, and Celebi, Grass Energy and Silver Bangle comes to your deck. It is an awesome tech card for me.

And Machamp EX: Machamp EX+Sparkling Robe+Strong Energy+ 80 Damage = 180 Damage for two energies without Confusion (200 with Fighting Stadium and Defending EX). I think is not bad too.

And with Focus Sash 340 for two energies (it would be very funny if you have Soul Dew that turn xD).

Last edited:
Good point on Machamp-EX, though Celebi places damage counters - it doesn't actually deal damage, which means that doesn't work, I think. Otherwise, it would have the weakness/resistance clause. Nice idea though!

Back