Finished Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Town Win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXVI: Harmonic Divergence | Day 1 Ends on the 22nd at 22:00 BST

Camoclone said:
Reasons for voting Camoclone:
  • He is annoying - true
  • He posts a lot - true
  • He posts fast - true

Nothing is an argument for me being scum at this point.
Camoclone said:
And in what way does posting one sentence posts make me scum?
AlexanderTheAwesome said:
I have an interesting question for you camo

If someone (a member not a mod) posted like you just had in a thread in the forum you moderate (outside of the FG), would they receive a warning? Or, because all 160 posts relate to the subject, would nothing occur? Jw... I mean I'm not a mod I really wouldn't know about how to handle that sort of conduct.
Vom said:
Camoclone said:
Nothing has been stated by others... That's the thing. There is no argument for me being scum. It is simply "he posts too much".

It's not 'you post too much.' Well, you DO post too much xD, but you are being overly aggressive in your posts. You're really trying to kill Celever. If you know something we don't, tell us.
Camoclone said:

If someone (a member not a mod) posted like you just had in a thread in the forum you moderate (outside of the FG), would they receive a warning? Or, because all 160 posts relate to the subject, would nothing occur? Jw... I mean I'm not a mod I really wouldn't know about how to handle that sort of conduct.

Irrelevant. Forum games is completely different. We have protocols in place and it is out of place to bring this kind of discussion into werewolf. You guys should stop bringing up the fact that I'm currently a mod.

There's a fine line between enthusiastically posting/participating and flat-out flooding the thread so everyone struggles to catch up and make informed decisions based on what's been posted in this thread. You've passed that line now, Camoclone.

If you expect fellow townies to help and contribute and win, don't drown them in posts that ultimately mean nothing.

##VOTE: Camoclone

When I run a Werewolf game, I'm gonna make it YPPY.

Keeper of Night said:
Don't try and point fingers at me for hiding, grant. I'm active when I can be.

Camoclone said:
Yes I am tunneling.
Camoclone said:
I didn't accuse IE of cheating... The rolecard should have been posted right from the start and it was. Posting multiple quick thoughts shows that I don't think about every word I type like scum should. I'm not overly defensive. I'm not tunneling. I did buddy Grant. And I do have good leads. Next flawed case please.
And you accused me of contradictions.

You do realize the game changed right?

Celever said:
Camoclone said:
##VOTE: KEEPER OF NIGHT

I thought you were leaving it to us?

Bye bye! :D
He isn't promoting activity.

Celever said:
"None of Camo's posts made me think AtA was summy."
This means that nothing you said made him think that AtA was directly scummy. Obviously.

"I suppose my thoughts on AtA were not of suspicious behavior until I began to be suspicious of Camoclone,"
He didn't find AtA's actions scummy if he bandwagoned on a townie. As he now finds you scummy, he can find AtA scummy by intention. Nothing you said directly made him think AtA was scummy.

And even if this isn't what KoN meant, it's an entirely trivial contradiction at best, so I honestly don't care anyway.

Case for AtA:
I have to agree with Camo here, he does this to make progress, honestly it kinda worked. It made you ticked off enough to make a scum-like post
For now
##UNVOTE: Vom

This post is literally saying what Camo said again, but elaborating a tiiiiiiiiiiny bit more about what Camo meant by "it worked". By bandwagon I didn't mean the vote, I meant how he bandwagoned your thoughts while providing nothing new and wasn't even subtle about it. I think he's the best lead we're going to get thus far, and I would like him to tell us exactly why he found KoN's actions scummy.
KoN did the same thing as what AtA did but x10. This is hypocritical. Celever defended the heck out of him.

Celever said:
##UNVOTE: AlexanderTheAwesome

You're saying whatever you can to get KoN lynched because he challenged your position. If you're not being any use, I'd rather you gone, town or otherwise. Best plan of action today.
He doesn't believe I'ms cum but voting me anyways.

Celever said:
Camoclone said:
Oh I see. You guys think if KoN voted for me I'd call OMGUS. No he already OMGUS'd. You guys are silly. If you think I'm scum vote for me. What are you afraid of?

I don't particularly think you're scum, and I'm sure everyone else has the same dilemma. However, there are no good leads (well defended, AtA n_n) and you're being no good to us town or otherwise, soooooooo.

Not to mention this is a short Day 1 in general. We don't even have time fr proper scumhunting.
Read the bolded part.

Celever said:
bb, because KoN is in the right and I explained why I voted for Camo in the post which I voted in.

Look, Camo, this is how you answer a question. I'd advise you try to learn the skill.

Celever said:
bbninjas said:
I would like to know why Keeper has turned his settings to invisible, though.

Honestly, your methods of using "last active" etc. is kinda cheap. I hate invisible settings as much as the nxt guy, which is why I don't use them, but when Camo posts saying "I'm writing down the name of everyone who's lurking" it only makes sense to switch it on.
And Celever uses timestamps in a future argument...

Celever said:
This happened to me last game and I can see other players frustration now that I'm on the other end, giving up on the town is as much of a hinderance as it is being wolf, that's why I now think you'd be best lynch. I learned from my mistake not to just give up because you can usually turn the situation around. Sure you didn't "give up" but saying you care a lot less about this game really just doesn't help.
##VOTE: Celever

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure you'd learned your lesson!

Ok but seriously, my role is truly excellent. I can't die. That's why IDRC about getting lynched, because it's probably better on me than anyone else, thinking about it. Obviously randomly hitting scum would benie, but it's very unlikely, so may as well confirm me as town so I can get down to pressuring come Day 2.

##UNVOTE: Camoclone
##VOTE: Celever
Voting himself isn't pro town.

Celever said:
Camoclone said:
Post your bbcode and quit dodging the question.

You seem pretty desperate for the information, which just makes you look more suspicious really. I wouldn't mind asking you the question of bbcode in return, but I don't know if the rest of the town would be OK with that.

Celever said:
Camoclone said:
They are plenty clear. Ignoring good points is no reason for me to waste my time building a case. You said it yourself. Time is short.

Except that you're actually spending way more time arguing about it than you would just putting all of your thoughts into one post. You're correct in that time is short, so to use your own words:
Camoclone said:
quit dodging the question.
He is dodging the question until IE gets back on. Hit the arrow to see how long he did it.

Celever said:
You think you can win this, Camo, but there's a major flaw with the whole premise of this argument. Compiling your case against KoN is basic sense and benefits the town greatly. Publicising the private bbcode is extremely illogical and really only benefits the scum, as the town already know it. Pushing this hard for it is idiotic at best, and shows exactly why you're a good lynch target tomorrow. This isn't even tunnelling any more, this is just having the anti-town's best interests in mind and not even being subtle about it LMAO.

I'm going to stop responding to anything you say about bbcode now because you're just taking discussion off of your scumbuddy grant and I just got played so hard by you. Nicely done, but you've really just wasted everyone's time. Restart conversations from the case against grant, please and thank you.
This is still dodging the question.

Celever said:
AtA, where's this post you mentioned earlier? We could really do with something to actually move discussion along...

I'm really not even bothering to respond to Camo's posts because you guys all have better things to do than read a trivial argument, and I have better things to do than to take part in a trivial argument. His last post is so bad I really shouldn't have to spell it out for anyone anyway, I'll leave it to the rest of you to figure out the inconsistencies and idiocy there. If you need a bit of help just give me the bell >_>
He refuses to argue with me. He needs me lynched. Town doesn't want someone lynched to the point where they won't argue D1.

Camoclone said:
So far Celever has:
  • Said he wanted to lynch me even though he thought I was town.
  • Buddied hard with KoN for no reason.
  • Claimed under very little pressure D1.
  • Voted himself.
  • Has been incredibly hypocritical.
  • Dodged posting the town bbcode like heck.
  • etc.

Celever said:
grantm1999 said:
This post was made AFTER I made that first post that yall are attacking. Note that I said "ok I just reread the favor part about equalists and red lotus". I said reread because I didn't want to admit at the time I hadn't actually read it before. And you can see in this post how I talk more specifiacally about those factions a fter I actually understood what they are.

The case against me is incredibly flimsy..

Also ATA your point about me directing attention away from myself is completely and totally invalid. Not only did I NOT HAVE ANY attention on me whatsoever at the time I made that post, Celever had a lot of attention already.

What would be the point of me making that long thought out post day 1 if I was scum? To seem town? Obviously I didn't even do that. I was simply explaining why I believed Celever to be a legitimate lynch target as opposed to other semi RVS nonsense.

##ICE ESPEON you didn't answer my question, can players be targeted after they die?
Celever is still a good lynch.

Reading the flavour doesn't matter because there was discussion by the players in-thread about the Equalists earlier. You also JUST claimed that you thought they were the "main" scum faction at the time, whereas in this post you are implying you didn't think they existed at all. BTW, answer this please:
Celever said:
Why didn't you think KoN could be a part of the main scum team?

What would be the point of you making a superlong post Day 1 as scum? What's the point as town? To contribute, as scum you want to look like you're contributing. The only difference is that you slipped several times, and now you haven't defended anything even remotely well.

Camoclone said:
Alright now you returned to being regular Grant. You had a thing going for a little while.

I know that I can't verify this, but this was posted ~15 seconds after Grant posted. This was obviously planned in their scumchat, I have no doubt about it. Either that, or Camo really isn't even reading properly any more, in which case there really is no point paying any attention to anything he says.

Camoclone said:
Celever is still scum. Grant is still town. Can we please get votes on Celever instead of just messing around?

There's a reason people aren't hopping on my bandwagon, and that's that it makes no sense. Camo's gonna post saying "it's the best option today" or "it makes sense" or something along those lines, calling it now.

Timestamps lol. This is like the first time he has actually tried to make it seem like he's voting me cause I'm scum. Timestamps are terrible evidence. NEXT!

Celever said:
Why would I respond the first time? The more anti-town s*** you do, the easier it is to show everyone else why you're scum.

Speaking of everyone else, come on guys. Skip the last few pages, a summary is just "most of the active town has found grant and Camo likely/clear scum, Camo is trying to fight it really badly, but it's Camo so a single point takes about 3 posts."
Notice how ambiguous he is? He never posts specifics.

Celever is obvious scum. Unvote the heck off me and vote him. Celever never actually even posted a case on me.

BigfootAUS said:
Camoclone said:
Reasons for voting Camoclone:
  • He is annoying - true
  • He posts a lot - true
  • He posts fast - true

Nothing is an argument for me being scum at this point.
Camoclone said:
And in what way does posting one sentence posts make me scum?

Vom said:
It's not 'you post too much.' Well, you DO post too much xD, but you are being overly aggressive in your posts. You're really trying to kill Celever. If you know something we don't, tell us.
Camoclone said:
Irrelevant. Forum games is completely different. We have protocols in place and it is out of place to bring this kind of discussion into werewolf. You guys should stop bringing up the fact that I'm currently a mod.

There's a fine line between enthusiastically posting/participating and flat-out flooding the thread so everyone struggles to catch up and make informed decisions based on what's been posted in this thread. You've passed that line now, Camoclone.

If you expect fellow townies to help and contribute and win, don't drown them in posts that ultimately mean nothing.

So I'm anti-town why?

Refusal to give me reasons why you are voting me is incredibly scummy. Everyone has failed to do it.

Brave Vesperia said:
Sorry everyone. I've been playing catch-up all night.

Anyways, I think Grant is actually Amon, who towards the end of season 1 was revealed to want to rid the world of Airbenders by taking away their bending. "I am town." probably activates his ability which takes away the bending of the players who admitted that they are town, or "benders" in this case.

As for Celever VS Camo, I stand by Celever's opinions on this. Camoclone is acting very strange and I see it as scummy for the reason that he is being both overly offensive and defensive and being a hypocrite by telling people to stop dodging his questions when he is doing so himself. For now, I see no reason to take my vote off of him.

You actually have a good point. Although ist like more then 7 pages ago.. . But regardless. I'm tired of reading the D1 rants. Especially i dont see how camo posting soo much gonna help me kae any future desicion

##UNVOTE: AlexanderTheAwesome

Celever is obvious scum. Not giving reasons for voting in scummy as heck. GM fails to give any reasons. When I'm lynched and flip town lynch Celever, BV, or Keeper.

Camoclone said:
BigfootAUS said:

So I'm anti-town why?

Refusal to give me reasons why you are voting me is incredibly scummy. Everyone has failed to do it.

Seriously? I'm starting to think you really are just throwing posts around for confusion purposes, especially the word scummy. The reason I think you're anti-town is because you're spamming the thread with pointless, useless posts that don't contribute to the discussion and prevent any not-as-active players from forming their own opinions on the game and revealed information.

For example: when a player sees (in my instance) 16 pages of posts to catch up on, if they're not actively and passionately involved in this game they aren't going to take the time to read everything and analyse everything, they're going to skim and skip to the latest page and make some erroneous post and hurt town rather than contribute to town's victory.

Coming back to the recent posts: what was preventing you from putting those last three posts together as one? Why can't you, as a townie, stop & think before you post? Especially during a quiet time like now? Why are you so compelled to post the way you do? Do you realise how it hurts the not-as-active players when they try to play?

Like I said in my post, there's a fine line between enthusiastically participating and flat-out spamming. Dial it back a bit, or accept that I think your behaviour is detrimental to town.

Unless someone posts some actual, proveable facts to act upon, I'm stepping out of this D1 ridiculousness. I'll be lurking as a moderator, but I've had enough of D1.

Was about to post (yay, Preview Post) and Camo posted again: how is Celever obvious scum? Why should we lynch Celever, BV, or Keeper if you flip town? All the ridiculousness of the previous pages has me lost and confused. I might stick around if you have decent reasoning. Nothing crazed and/or fanatical, please.

Camoclone said:
Celever is obvious scum. Not giving reasons for voting in scummy as heck. GM fails to give any reasons. When I'm lynched and flip town lynch Celever, BV, or Keeper.

Yet, Celever has a claim as well. Could be faked, but there was little time or reason to fake one. Seems like a simple town mistake. (He did think himself invincible, after all.)
There have been several reasons given for your lynch. You chose to ignore mine, and are apparently doing the same with others. Nobody appreciates that.
What reason do you have for adding BV to your argument? Because he knows the show and brought up a valuable point?

Keeper of Night said:
What reason do you have for adding BV to your argument? Because he knows the show and brought up a valuable point?

Isn't it obvious? He is lurking and his post isn't a normal werewolf post he'd make as town.

Camoclone said:
Keeper of Night said:

Isn't it obvious? He is lurking and his post isn't a normal werewolf post he'd make as town.

in what way do you consider his post abnormal?

Man that was a lot to read.

Honestly I think Camo and Celever are both town. Yes they've done some anti-town things, but that's just what they always do. I'm not getting any particularly scummy vibes from either of them, although admittedly I didn't bother reading into their posts too much because there's so many of them. I'm sure they'll start posting less once day 1 has ended. Then we can all actually read the dang thread.

I'm still suspicious of Keeper of Night. Nothing about him has made him less scummy since I last posted.

Tomorrow we should definitely look into the bandwagoners on Camo. There's a lot of them and they're just following what Keeper and Celever started.

Keeper of Night said:
Okay, then don't say someone's doing a bad job of leading people out of RVS if you're not really doing that.
I'm afraid I honestly just don't understand this statement, Camo. Are you saying that I shouldn't criticize somebody leading town out of RVS if I'm not going to? Because Camo was not leading us out of RVS, I was stopping it.

We can't get out of RVS by sitting back and doing nothing, right? If nothing else, Camo at least attempts to get us out of RVS because he knows it's not a good place for town to be. By not trying to get us out of RVS, while also stopping someone else from trying to get us out of RVS, you are essentially forcing town to stay in RVS, which is obviously very anti-town.

I'd like to add that the FG is very different from other forums. The reason Camo is allowed to post 140 times in the span of 5 days is because this is a game about bluffing and reading people. Posting more or less and the contents of his posts could be a conscious decision to influence the posts of others and get him closer to achieving his win condition.

Brave Vesperia said:
Anyways, I think Grant is actually Amon, who towards the end of season 1 was revealed to want to rid the world of Airbenders by taking away their bending. "I am town." probably activates his ability which takes away the bending of the players who admitted that they are town, or "benders" in this case.

Wouldn't that power by the Equalists "Nightkill" (or Nightabilityremover)? People having to say "I am town." for his ability to work on them would be a little weird. Especially since Grant seems fine with people using different wording. Although I don't want to rule out that possibility, so I'm personally not going to say it.

Camoclone said:
BigfootAUS said:

So I'm anti-town why?

He did give you reasons for why you're anti-town, and they're actually pretty legit. "everyone struggles to keep up and make informed decisions" this is 100% true. I can't spend my time analyzing your posts and Celevers posts when it's 5am and I'm just starting to write my reply of the day. I can't honestly determine whether you or Celever is scum because it'd take an absurd amount of time to look through your posts.

BigfootAUS said:
Camoclone said:
So I'm anti-town why?

Seriously? I'm starting to think you really are just throwing posts around for confusion purposes, especially the word scummy. The reason I think you're anti-town is because you're spamming the thread with pointless, useless posts that don't contribute to the discussion and prevent any not-as-active players from forming their own opinions on the game and revealed information.

lol. They contribute enough to the discussion.

For example: when a player sees (in my instance) 16 pages of posts to catch up on, if they're not actively and passionately involved in this game they aren't going to take the time to read everything and analyse everything, they're going to skim and skip to the latest page and make some erroneous post and hurt town rather than contribute to town's victory.

This is in no way indicative of alignment. I post a lot as any faction.

Coming back to the recent posts: what was preventing you from putting those last three posts together as one? Why can't you, as a townie, stop & think before you post?

I do think before I post however having multiple conversations going on at once just makes this easier. And logically there is no reason for me to combine 3 posts into 1. It's still the same amount of reading.

Especially during a quiet time like now? Why are you so compelled to post the way you do? Do you realise how it hurts the not-as-active players when they try to play?

lol.

Like I said in my post, there's a fine line between enthusiastically participating and flat-out spamming. Dial it back a bit, or accept that I think your behaviour is detrimental to town.

Was about to post (yay, Preview Post) and Camo posted again: how is Celever obvious scum? Why should we lynch Celever, BV, or Keeper if you flip town? All the ridiculousness of the previous pages has me lost and confused. I might stick around if you have decent reasoning. Nothing crazed and/or fanatical, please.

I honestly don't think you have read the posts I make at all. I made a long post on Celever not 10 minutes ago.
Bolded.

Keeper of Night said:
Camoclone said:

in what way do you consider his post abnormal?

Town Brenton is flippy and isn't so confident.

Vote count time:

Mr.Muffin - 1 (bbninjas)
TwistedTurtwig - 1 (Drohn)
Keeper of Night - 2 (Machamp The Champion, DarkMatterGaming)
Camoclone - 8 (Keeper of Night, Luispipe8, Brave Vesperia, Celever, AlexanderTheAwesome, Vom, BigfootAUS, GM Draclord)
Celever - 2 (Squirtle Squad, Camoclone)
PMJ - 1 (TwistedTurtwig)

Camoclone requires 6 more votes to be lynched.

(I will start doing vote counts at times outside the 24 hour intervals if I notice that a player has more than half the votes required for them to be lynched.)

grantm1999 said:
I can't say yet. Also ##ICE ESPEON I'm genuinely sorry I completely missed your response in the vote count. I'm a derp and need to read things. :\

No worries.

Sure Camo is annoying but that's not a reason to lynch someone... There's nothing lost from Celevers lynch.
Think of a coin. 2 equally suss people. Except one has claimed to not die when lynched and would be a benefit to the town.

There's no question!
Camo you'd better flip town or I'm gonna look so bad for defending you :/

Squirtle Squad said:
Sure Camo is annoying but that's not a reason to lynch someone... There's nothing lost from Celevers lynch.
Think of a coin. 2 equally suss people. Except one has claimed to not die when lynched and would be a benefit to the town.

There's no question!

I'm not going to flip anything yet. This is a bad wagon and it shouldn't last until the end of the day.

Squirtle Squad said:

There's no question!

SS, I've tried explaining this already, but I think you're still a bit confused. Read this post carefully:
The indie faction of the game, the Equalists, seem to have the ability to remove a player's bending powers. Whether your ability is a bending power or a regular role will be apparent in your Role PM. My invincibility is a bending power, and Ice Espeon confirmed in-thread yesterday that it will be possible to target some roles after they die. If I'm lynched today, the Equalists can remove my bending powers tonight and kill me for good, meaning that you will have just killed someone you believe to be town and contributing (which, Camo, is the difference between when I wated to vote you when I thought you could be town).

Does it make a bit more sense now? If not you might want to read the flavour paragraph in the OP again, since IE explains the Equalists better than I do.

Celever said:
Squirtle Squad said:

There's no question!

SS, I've tried explaining this already, but I think you're still a bit confused. Read this post carefully:
The indie faction of the game, the Equalists, seem to have the ability to remove a player's bending powers. Whether your ability is a bending power or a regular role will be apparent in your Role PM. My invincibility is a bending power, and Ice Espeon confirmed in-thread yesterday that it will be possible to target some roles after they die. If I'm lynched today, the Equalists can remove my bending powers tonight and kill me for good, meaning that you will have just killed someone you believe to be town and contributing (which, Camo, is the difference between when I wated to vote you when I thought you could be town).

If scum wastes there ability removing ability on you and you are town then I'm fine with that. It's probably limited shot. It means one more power role will be safe in the future. It's not like you'll flip town anyways though.

*their

Also I'm pretty sure SS doesn't think you are town.

I don't think either of you are town but I think it's far more beneficial based on Celevers claim that we kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back