'BREAKpoint,' February's English Set!

11 EX: Emboar EX, Gyarados EX, M Gyarados EX, Palkia EX, Togekiss EX, Scizor EX, M Scizor EX + 4 EX.

5 BREAK: Golduck BREAK, Greninja BREAK, Luxray BREAK + 2 BREAK.

Skyla FA

Wow. Greninja BREAK?

Now that is cool.

Not exactly sure why a shiny Mega Gyarados is the main Pokemon of this set. This isn't a Johto set or anything like that.

Let's hope this set is atleast playable unlike BREAKthrough.

Greninja BREAK? Scizor BREAK? Are they just looking through my fave Pokemon?

Please be playable...and please have more stage 2 support...

I think the story means to say, Gyarados discovered a space-time rift that, when accessed, woke up other Pokemon like Scizor from a ~time nap~.

Speaking of, will this set include a shiny Mega Scizor too?

I guess Palkia-EX could fit in with this story (which I assumed has been tweaked a little for the English release). I hope we get some fun backgrounds/card scenes that reflect the storyline (weak as it may be) - I think Furious Fists and Phantom Forces did a great job incorporating the theme into quite a few cards.

Wow! Nice and EPIC name. BREAKpoint,huh! This naming looks familiar--it's the Plasma sets,right?!
Greninja BREAK? Cool,and the Ash's Greninja,they'll never appear in the set,I think. I'm so excited for that. What's next? Delphox BREAK?,and 2 Mega Evolution Pokemon only in this set? Oh my,TPCi,why don't you make it three so this set is more exciting, and 120+ cards in this set? We're gonna expect reprints and Japanese promos included in this set,plus non-mega EXes.

11 EX: Emboar EX, Gyarados EX, M Gyarados EX, Palkia EX, Togekiss EX, Scizor EX, M Scizor EX + 4 EX.

Skyla FA
Mr. Chandelure,we will find out if your guess was right because I, was so excited to find out.

This looks Delicious, wait what?!
I mean, this looks AMAZING
also, they made me excited again!

Skyla FA

I believe that description including the 11 Pokémon-Ex was for the Japanese set so the likelihood that Emboar Ex and Togekiss Ex are part of the 11 Exs is very low seeing as they have already been released in Japan in a separate product, maybe in the English set though

I believe that description including the 11 Pokémon-Ex was for the Japanese set so the likelihood that Emboar Ex and Togekiss Ex are part of the 11 Exs is very low seeing as they have already been released in Japan in a separate product, maybe in the English set though
I don't think so, since the description mentions Luxray BREAK which most likely won't be in the Japanese set, considering it's a promo.

@zorinjarkraiveltal : This is the english set description.

Well, this is definitely a Water-type themed set. Expect the special water energy to finally appear in this set (with the focal Mega and one of the more important BREAKs being Water-types, it's seems likely).
Since Red Flash/Blue Impact were a double set and had 2 BREAK pokémon each, for a total of 4, ROBH being a single set, I thought it would have 2-3 BREAK cards. I'm betting it will be 3, with Luxray & Golduck joining the English set because they will be released with pre-evolved cards together, unlike the other promo BREAK cards.
Now, 11 Pokémon-EX, with only 2 being Megas which are already confirmed, means Mega Mawile will be released in a box like Mega Aerodactyl.
So, 4 EXs are already known: Gyarados, Scizor and their Megas. Then, there's Palkia-EX, pretty much a given with Golduck BREAK. If they finally decided to release the Emboar-EX/Togekiss-EX deck cards in the west and they're in this set, we can count on those 2 too.
That leaves 4 unknown EXs, probably random pokémon. So, unless there will be more promo EXs included, the japanese set has 8 EXs... which sounds reasonable.
I thought it would be Delphox BREAK this time, they opted for Greninja, reinforcing the Water-type presence. Delphox BREAK will be in the next set for sure... I was already suspecting they were going to release one at a time, with only Chesnaught being in XY8.

btw, what's up with the hate? I like they're giving this background story to the sets, reminds me of the Delta sets with the whole Holon story...

EDIT: Actually, we're all forgetting something...
I just saw the previous news about the japanese set. There are those Battle Strengthening Decks featuring Eeveelution EX cards that come out only 2 weeks after the japanese set... Maybe we won't get the Emboar-EX/Togekiss-EX cards after all. The additional cards in the English set probably come from those decks...

Last edited:
Oh my stars and garters.

All I need is the regular Gyarados-EX to be shiny too and this set is going to make me so happy.

Not exactly sure why a shiny Mega Gyarados is the main Pokemon of this set. This isn't a Johto set or anything like that.

We don't know that, it COULD be Johto themed; BREAKthrough has both Mega Mewtwo and Giovanni which were from Gen 1, and this set has Mega Scizor (Gen 2) and Shiny Mega Gyarados (who is related to both Gen 1 and Gen 2) so maybe we could get other Johto-related cards like Rival (Silver) or some Gym Leaders/Elite Four

Well I can dream anyway :p

I wonder if all of the EX Pokemon in this set will have a full art counterpart or if they'll go back to having some ex's like aegislash or hawlucha without full arts. The megas and their non-mega ex's will surely have full arts.

I wonder if all of the EX Pokemon in this set will have a full art counterpart or if they'll go back to having some ex's like aegislash or hawlucha without full arts. The megas and their non-mega ex's will surely have full arts.

Depends on how the cards were released in Japan. Aegislash and Hawlucha didn't get FAs because they were released as promos in Japan (Aegislash-EX was from a precon deck, Hawlucha-EX from a promo box). This has been the case for some other EXes in the past, too. So, if this set contains some of the EXes that are (or will be shortly) released as some form of promos (like the Aerodactyl-EX and Mawile-EX in this product), then they probably won't have FAs, but any set EXes (like Gyarados-EX) will have FAs.

Back