Nintendo Direct opened up with a surprising segment on Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, revealing two new Pokemon and the Fairy-type! To discuss this news, check out this thread on our forums.
- Noivern is Flying/Dragon, 4′ 11″, 187.4 lbs., and uses a new attack called Boomburst.
- Vivillon is Bug/Flying, 3′ 11″, 37.5 lbs., and can learn Struggle Bug. It evolves from Spewpa, who has not been revealed yet.
- The Fairy type was officially revealed: Fairy-types include Sylveon (Fairy), Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy), Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy), and Marill (Water/Fairy).
- Fairy is super effective against Dragon-type. This also matches with what our source told us. (And here’s his other info.)
- Sylveon knows a new move called Moonblast, a Fairy-type move which lowers its target’s Sp. Atk stat. Gardevoir can learn Fairy Wind.
- There will be a new Pokemon interacting feature called Pokemon-amie, which allows you to bond with your Pokemon by petting them, feeding them, and playing with them to “deepen the connection between you.” You can copy the actions they’re performing with your 3DS to make them even happier too.
- The male player is named Xavier.
- Old Pokemon still have their old sound effect cries.
- Yveltal used Hyper Beam attack, which uses the exact same sound effect from Red and Blue.
- Apparently there’s a new way to encounter wild Pokemon – “Whoa! The Heloptile you stepped on attacked!”
- X and Y will be released worldwide on October 12th.
I will be at E3 today, though I’m not sure I’ll be able to get into the X/Y roundtable conference. Not only is it full, but it’s reserved for large, general gaming websites that cover news about all types of games (sites like IGN, Gamespot, etc). Stay tuned though and I’ll let you know what happens!
Don’t forget CoroCoro will probably leak tonight with more information and more details! As I posted yesterday, if Mewtwo does have a new forme like our source said, it will undoubtedly be revealed in CoroCoro like Shaymin’s Sky Forme and Keldeo’s Resolute Form in previous years.