The website for the two Victini movies – Victini and the Dark Hero: Zekrom and Victini and the Light Hero: Reshiram – has just updated with basic plot and character information as well as with the trailer that aired on Oha Suta a few hours ago. The character page reveals that the male lead character, Dread, will have different clothes in each movie because in Zekrom he travels in the wilderness whereas in Reshiram he travels in a tundra. The movies will also feature a different child in each, with a girl in Zekrom and a boy in Reshiram; wanna make a bet they’re linked to the main Legendaries (maybe they even are the Legendaries)? As we already knew, some Pokemon will be exclusive to each movie depending on which you see. Bangiras has translated all of the information below. So far, the plot sounds like a mix between the Lucario and Arceus movies with a dash of Manaphy.
Ash, Pikachu, Iris, and Cilan, who are traveling through the Unova region, arrive at Aind Oak, a town with a sprawling castle at its center called the “Earth’s Sword.” This town once flourished as the “Kingdom of the People of the Earth,” but has now fallen into decline. Ash and friends participate in a battle in celebration of Aind Oak’s harvest festival. There, they meet and befriend Victini, a mythical Pokemon who can gift a mysterious power to humans and Pokemon. Dread Grangil, a descendant of the People of the Earth who wishes to restore the kingdom, schemes to use Victini’s power to move the “Earth’s Sword,” but as a result, Aind Oak will be engulfed in horrific disasters. If he accomplishes his goal, will Ash and his friends be able to save the town from crisis? And what of Victini’s fate? Add to this the mystery of Zekrom and Reshiram, and you’ll be awed by the greatest adventure in the history of Pokemon!
- Dread: A descendant of the People of the Earth. He hopes to restore the “Kingdom of the People of the Earth,” so he’s journeying through the country and the wilds in search of the scattered remnants of the Earth’s People.
- Sayd (Exclusive to Zekrom): A little girl who’s a descendant of the People of the Earth. She lives in the wilderness, far from the old kingdom.
- Ohdo (Exclusive to Reshiram): A little boy who’s a descendant of the People of the Earth. He lives in the tundra, far from the old kingdom.
- Carlita: Dread’s little sister. She lives in Aind Oak. She participates in the battle in celebration of the harvest festival. She uses a Hydreigon.
- Janta: Dread’s mother. She knows the story of Victini that’s handed down by the People of the Earth.
- Mormont: Aind Oak’s mayor. He knows the story of Victini that’s handed down by the People of the Earth (Okay so what is it movie website?!). He organizes the battle in celebration of the harvest festival.
- Victini: A mythical Pokemon that Ash and company meet in Aind Oak. It’s cowardly and usually hides, but it’s said that when there’s a person or Pokemon it likes, it sneakily gives them its mysterious power. It loves treats called macaroons.
- Zekrom (Exclusive to Zekrom): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues “dreams.”
- Reshiram (Exclusive to Reshiram): A Pokemon called a legend. It will reveal itself for the first time when it recognizes a strong-hearted person who pursues “truth.”
- Hydreigon: Carlita’s Pokemon. Will it do well in the harvest festival competition?!
- Golurk: Janta’s Pokemon. It helps out at the souvenir shop that Janta runs.
- Reuniclus (Exclusive to Zekrom): Dread’s partner Pokemon. It travels through the wilderness with Dread.
- Gothitelle (Exclusive to Reshiram): Dread’s partner Pokemon. It travels through the tundra with Dread.