• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zoroark / Slurpuff

spikez30043

Aspiring Trainer
Need help with my Zoroark BREAK/ Slurpuff deck plzz. Love the idea but i cant get it up and running fast enough.

Pokemon:

• 3 Swirlix XY
  • 3 Slurpuff PHF
  • 3 Zorua (use nasty plot one, should i use moonlight madness) XY
  • 3 Zoroark BKT
  • 3 Zoroark BREAK BKT
  • 2 Yveltal (EX ones on the way) XY
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
  • 3 Parallel City
  • 3 Tierno
  • 3 Float Stone
  • 3 Lysandre
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 Judge
  • 2 Trevor
  • 2 Bridgette
  • 2 Great Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 2 Evosoda
  • 1 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor's Letter
  • 1 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Super Rod
Energy:
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 4 Dangerous Energy
  • 4 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

Setup with swirlix and evolve to use Slurpuff tasting to draw additional cards. Then setup to get Zoroark out and Break evolve him allowing me to use foul play or Mind Jack to knockout my opponents pokemon.

Trying to decide on using Yveltal EX or Lugia EX to cover fighting pokemon. Both their first attacks are similiar but Yveltal has a better setup ability. However Lugia would help because a lot of people (including myself) play stadiums.

Any help is appreciated.

I feel like this deck has a lot of potential. If I had to choose between Lugia and Yveltal I would choose Lugia because like you said Lugia deals with stadiums which might be a problem. He also deals out a sufficient amount of damage if you choose to use his aero ball. You can really rack up a bunch of damage in the process of building up your Deep Hurricane Attack. Even though Yveltal can set up from your discard pile Lugia can dish out a lot more damage. If you see your struggling setting up then totally consider adding Yveltal in instead of Lugia. I just don't see that being a massive problem. Especialy since you have Slurpuff drawing 1 card every turn it really helps get the energies you need to set up. I hope this helps! Looks like a great deck. I might want to try it out sometime.

Your lack of Professor Sycamore is not good.
Your use of Tierno is also not good.
-3 Tierno
+3 Sycamore

Evosoda is useless without the basic in play. Great Ball is not good in a deck with little amounts of Pokemon (such as this one). I'd opt for Ultra Ball because you can get rid of useless cards and consistently get out all Pokemon
-2 Evosoda
-2 Great Ball
+4 Ultra Ball

As for the Yveltal VS Lugia discussion. Both do great, but at different things. Maybe do a combination

Thanks for the advice guys. I also had some help at the Cities tournament from a few people running similiar decks. I now understand the value of items instead of using supporters. Thanks again.

Going to update the changes in bold

Back