Yveltal-GX from SM6 'Forbidden Light!'

Better than mediocre at least. Maybe play it with Decidueye?

EDIT: Also TPCi might want to change the name of that GX attack, like they did with Lickilicky, Death Count seems a bit extreme especially for the young players.

Pros:
  • Fighting Resistance
  • Lightning Weakness
Cons:
  • Awful attacks
  • Mediocre GX
Verdict – 1/5, pretty awful

I'm seeing different translations. The others I've seen have the GX attack saying effectively 'If the opponents active has 4 or more damage counters they are KO'd'. Big difference there. Still not a great attack but a lot better.

NOOOO, UNPLAYABLE YVELTAL.

Tbh though that triple Colorless attack could see some odd play. I don't know this could be a decent deck tech, for decks that can't quite hit the numbers.

Xerneas (the life pokemon)- Hurts with 1st attack
Yveltal (the death pokemon)- Heals with 1st attack

Seems legit

It's two regular moves are ehh, but its gx move fits and sounds perfect for Yveltal and doesn't cost anything to use. However 4 damage counters is kind of odd to do exactly.

I was honestly expecting another deck staple with vague reprints
I understand making Yveltal less of a standard but did they REALLY have to nerf Creep Show AND turn it into a GX attack? It's literally a worse, Dark type Gengar

... *sigh*... I saw the headline and I was really hoping for a good yveltal gx card to stick I turbo dark to deal with Buzzwole...

Well, at least this time both Xerneas and Yveltal suck lol - seriously why do they even bother giving these two a GX version if they are going to be so bad. Sure, I'm totally going to play a card that gives up 2 prizes and can't contribute to my strategy in any meaningful way. They both should have been Prism Stars with some sort of utility role like Solgaleo/Darkrai/Giratina/Lunala.

Still, slightly better than Xerneas but that's not saying much.

How is the GX-attack any different from Creep Show on Breakthrough Gengar? I compared the wording of the Japanese cards, and I couldn't find any differences other than the number, obviously.

How is the GX-attack any different from Creep Show on Breakthrough Gengar? I compared the wording of the Japanese cards, and I couldn't find any differences other than the number, obviously.

4 damage counters *EXACTLY*.

That's the difference.

Back