• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal-EX/Xerneas/Aromatisse/Slurpuff

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
So this is the deck I want to start using as my main deck for tournaments and such; it's based on the typical Fairy deck but using Yveltal-EX as the focus for attacking instead of Xerneas-EX, mostly because I love Yveltal more and I think he's a much better attacker than Xerneas-EX is.

I also just built this deck yesterday so I haven't tested it yet, so I'd like some input for possible changes if things don't look good enough c:

Experience: Intermediate

Pokemon - 14
  • 3x Yveltal-EX
  • 3x Xerneas
  • 2x Aromatisse
  • 2x Spritzee
  • 1x Slurpuff
  • 1x Swirlix
  • 1x Tropius PLB
  • 1x Mr. Mime PLF

Trainers - 32
  • 3x Sycamore
  • 3x N
  • 3x Skyla
  • 2x Colress
  • 1x Shauna
  • 1x Dowsing Machine ACE SPEC
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 3x Level Ball
  • 3x Muscle Band
  • 2x Max Potion
  • 2x Tool Scrapper
  • 1x Silver Mirror
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 1x Professor's Letter
  • 2x Fairy Garden

Energy - 14
  • 8x Fairy
  • 2x Darkness
  • 4x Rainbow

edited: 2-16-14

Strategy
Ideally start with Xerneas + Swirlix and/or Spritzee, attach Fairy to Xerneas, use Geomancy. Get Fairy Garden out ASAP.

Next turn, use Level Ball to get Aromatisse, use Ultra Ball to get Yveltal-EX, switch Yveltal-EX to active, attach Rainbow/Darkness, use Evil Ball, and repeat. Attach Muscle Band for basically another energy.

If Yveltal-EX gets KO'd, make Xerneas active, attach Fairy, get new Yveltal-EX on bench, use Geomancy, repeat above steps.

Basically it's a cycle of powering up Yveltal-EX with Xerneas' Geomancy and Muscle Band and using Evil Ball. And of course you can always move the energy and Max Potion if Yveltal-EX is about to die, or if you don't have a Max Potion and know you'll get KO'd next turn, you can always move off the excess energy (leaving 2 to use Evil Ball) and still attack with not as much repercussion.

As for changes I'm thinking of, I kinda want to put in either another Skyla and/or Shauna, but not sure what to take out (maybe 1 Max Potion), and I'm not sure if I have enough Energy or if the Energy is consistent. I'm also thinking about increasing the number of Darkness and putting in Professor's Letter if I'm in dire need of a Darkness energy for Evil Ball. And thinking of cutting Slurpuff down to 1-1 because I know Special Conditions aren't so much of a threat anymore, but idk lol.

Let me know what you guys think, I really want tomake this deck work :D

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
The answer is quite simple. If you want a few more cards for this deck. Just drop Slurpuff. Yes Thats right take it out. Instead put in 1 Virizion Ex. With 4 rainbow energy, you still have access to 4 energy that prevent status effects. With that it opens up 3 slots in your deck. After that you can probably drop 1 level ball since it only searches for 5 pokemon in your deck have another extra slot.

With the 4 slots left, my suggestion would be to add some techs to help with the metagame and some of your main weaknesses.

1 of them being Keldeo/Blastoise. This deck can be quite deadly to your deck. As max potion will not help you in this match up. They can just load up a keldeo and OHKO everything you have. A decent pokemon to check this deck is Tropius. 20+ 20 per energy on the defending pokemon then 2x for weakness. With just 4 energy on keldeo and a muscle band on tropius you can OHKO Keldeo Ex.

2 more supporters would be good, and 1 more fairy garden could also help.

ViehTee

Aspiring Trainer
I support the Virizion EX Idea. Also than 1 level ball less.

You need more supporters. I play only decks with at least 12 supporters and I think in this deck one super rod is more than enough. Maybe Professor's letter is good to aim for the darkness energy and I would replace 1 fairiy energy for a dark.

I think in this way:

Pokemon 13

3x Yveltal EX
2x Virizion EX
3x Xerneas
2x Aromatisse
2x Spritzee
1x Mr. Mime PLF

TSS 32

4x N
4x Sycamore
3x Skyla
2x Colress

3x Fairy Garden

1x dowsing machine
4x ultra ball
2x level ball
2x tool scrapper
2x max potion
1x super rod
1x escape rope
3x muscle band

Energy 14

8x fairy
2x dark
4x rainbow

1 free space

I can also imagine to play a dce or a good basic like sableye or maybe mewtu ex.

MasterGallade

The reason I'm not using Virizion is simply because I don't have one, but if I get one it will definitely be put in. So for now I brought the Slurpuff down to 1-1, and added Tropius for those Keldeo matchups. I also changed up the Trainers a bit to the recommendations you guys made (and +1 Silver Mirror for the random Plasma matchup), so I'll see if the deck works like how I changed it in the OP.

Thanks for the input guys :D

Toxic

TCG Player and Old Deck Collector
Keldeo EX can be used as a ghetto Virizion EX if you are worried about status or the Accelgor lock. It doesn't out-right prevent status like Virizion/Slurpuff but it can Rush In if you get locked, then retreat with Fairy Garden. It can also be used as another attacker with Rainbow/Prism energies powering up Sacred Sword. Not to mention it's much more affordable than Virizion EX.

I say either go with 2 Keldeo EX over 1-1 Slurpuff or just 1 Keldeo EX and 1 free space to be filled with whatever you want.

apophys

This sentence is false.
Needs 1 professor's letter. Helps to get off that T1 Geomancy with Skyla in hand (and in your case, also to get the basic dark). Otherwise, looks good.

zavtac

Got ma Invite
I disagree completely with tropius. 1. It takes up a space that takes down consistency 2. Its a dead card in many matchups 3. If your opponent wants to load up a Keldeo to try steamroll through your deck.... YOU PLAY YVELTAL EX..... Sorry for that but really. Yveltal is a hard counter to Keldeo in itself. I think you should drop the tropius, and bump up the Sycamore or N count to 4.

apophys

This sentence is false.
zavtac said:
I disagree completely with tropius. [...]

If it only had one usable attack (#2), you'd have a point, but even then, it's a non-EX attacker that attacks without discarding an energy (both things could be important late game). It also makes for a nice starter. Consider it like a slightly different 4th Xerneas.

While a lot of things can be argued on paper, the only way to know for sure about small tweaks like this is to playtest. And other than the one prof's letter, nothing is obviously missing from the list, so it's ready for testing.

(The draw supporter line might indeed benefit from being thickened, but tropius is probably not something I'd take out to do that, and I'd rather add Shauna than N. If you find yourself using Skyla for Colress in nearly every game, that's a sign that you need more draw supporters. Again, you playtest to find this out.)

MasterGallade

That is a good point to just use Yveltal against Keldeo, but I think I'm gonna test with Tropius first to see how it works. I definitely don't have Keldeo/Blastoise matchups often, so knowing that I might not even need him, but even his Return attack could be useful by itself. I also could use Keldeo for special conditions, but for now I'm gonna test with Slurpuff.

Now I'm going to try to fit in one Professor's Letter and test it like that, thanks you guys for suggestions c:

socery

I love being bad
Tropius just gets steamrolled by keldeo anyway, or they can just put up a another one and knock out tropius.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Hi MasterGallade,

Nice deck. it could indeed use more draw cards but I do like the idea of the tech basic Darkness Energy in the deck. Would also run no less than three stadium cards; especially because this deck needs the stadium card to function well. Added Keldeo to combat status effects and Terrakion as a nice tech to combat the electric weakness. Like others stated above: Trophius is not needed in this deck since Yveltal is a hard counter to Keldeo anyway.

POKEMON (13)
  • 3 Yveltal EX
  • 3 Xerneas
  • 2 Aromatisse
  • 2 Spritzee
  • 1 Keldeo Ex
  • 1 Terrakion
  • 1 Mr. Mime

TRAINER (33):
  • 4 Sycamore
  • 3 Shauna
  • 3 N
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Colress
  • 1 Dowsing Machine
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Level Ball
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Max Potion
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
  • 1 Prof. Letter
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 3 Fairy Garden

ENERGY (14):
  • 2 Darkness Energy
  • 4 Prism Energy
  • 8 Fairy Energy

Hope this provides some initial assistance. If you want you could consider a tech electric attacker instead of one Basic Fairy Energy to counter Lugia and Yveltal. Emolga Ex and Zekrom Ex come to mind.