Discussion Your thoughts on the BDIF in Both Standard and Expanded

MoFoTY86

Aspiring Trainer
Hello and good afternoon fellow Beachers! With Ultra Prism coming out soon, there are a lot of new and exciting cards that could change the format (both standard and expanded) upon release. So I would like to see what you all think would be the BDIF Standard (Break Through-Ultra Prism) and Expanded (Black/White-Ultra Prism).

Now I don't have much knowledge but I think Gardevoir will still be a top tier deck but with the inclusion of Glaceon GX, I think Water Decks got a big boost, and could team up with Ninetales GX. People running Tapu Lele GX, Gardevoir GX, Volcanion EX, and Metagross GX to name a few. Although, VikaBulu is still gonna throw off people and an ever lasting good deck. I am LOVING VikaBulu!

Expanded? Man there are so many possibilities. Night March is still good, but Gyarados (Ancient Trait) and the new Magikarp from Crimson Invasion is a nice addition to Gyarados. With Ultra Prism, I am not sure about Expanded. So many variants and possibilities. Gyarados and Night March are my favorites.

So what would be the biggest change in Standard and Expanded formats and what decks will be on the rise or on the downfall?

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I was on the full Glaceon hype train, but I actually think Bulu is finally going to have some time in the sun. I also believe that Silvally/ Metal will be super viable with the Ability to OHKO DM Necrozma, Buzzwole, and Metal to OHKO Glaceon. Garb might also pop back up, since it looks like it preordered the special meta package.
As for expanded, Glaceon-GX all the way. With the older Eeveelutions. It has tools to take down metal, and it also has Laserbank and Toad at it's disposal. I want to try DM Necro with Bronzong, but looking at everything else, Bronzong is still gonna be a bench sitter for a while. Zoroark will still likely be the dominating force for expanded, but if not, something interesting might pop up.

PokeDad924

Aspiring Trainer
I do see Glaceon GX finding its way into the meta. Especially in expanded, it has many potential partners and tools. I was thinking of combining it with Vileplume item lock, but laserbank really helps amp up the damage output.

Metal should also do well. DM Necro can OHKO nearly everything with a Choice Band. Add in Mt. Coronet (and some extra energy retrieval) and Magnezone, and it can fire off successive big hits. It may be a bit clunky at times, but the potential for high damage and fast set up make it a threat.

Leafeon also looks fantastic. It's a Wally for everything on your bench. This should pair well with Zoroark, Goli, and Decidueye. I didn't consider Vika Bulu, but I can definitely see the synergy there.