Your Name! Why You Should Be Careful of Choosing Your Name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm, the spam is starting to come in.

I wonder why this rule was not included in the forum rules.

Señor Noobnerd said:

Lol, random quote. Actually, I wonder why the name changing wasn't implemented at the opening of the forums. Even in May 2006 when I joined the forums, I haven't heard of name changing until the start of this year.

Yes, May 2006. I know I may be banned and all, but I was physically in PokéBeach Forums at May 2006, on another account. It was 'pungtuckweng'. The name is derived from my real name, and I decided to use it since when I signed up, I thought it was like msn- You get a name and a nickname, and people would call you by your nickname. For the sake of quick login (Since pungtuckweng can be easily typed by me), I decided to go with the name 'pungtuckweng', thinking that I could get 'Absol' as my nickname.

That time, name changing wasn't implemented, and since I hated my name being pungtuckweng, I created another account on Oct 2006- The account I am currently using, Absol. I disbanded my previous account by changing my password to some random numbers and letters, and have been using my 'Absol' account ever since.

I know that multiple accounts will result me to being banned, but hey- I wanted to change my name, did not know that I could do so by approaching a Supermod and had many reasons why I wanted to change my name. Besides disliking being known by my real name, I also wanted to change 'for the better'. I decided to be less spammy (Though my Absol account may have some spams). Also, I dropped TCG for Gaming.

Just wanted to get it off my chest, and since WPM/Supermods probably know this (Maybe not), I just wanted to use this thread tell the world of my 'sins'

WPM: Please do not ban me, PokéBeach Forums has become part of my life (Sort of :)). Since, IIRC and IMO I have not been hated by anyone, have not broken any rules (except this one, of course) and sort of contributed to the site, let me be a free man.

Let not this be my last post.

Nice long post. I say that a name should be final. Your first name is what you stick by is what I say.

i knew a lot of people when i joined in april, then i stop seeing around those people for a while...and when they returned, they did with a brand new name....hum....it caused me some problems to recognize them but then again....if they wanted to, so be it...they´ll still the same.

blazing pokemon master said:
Im thinking about changing my name. i might not. i dont think i want to. i mean i like my name.
Please do not post randomly. This is not a thread to discuss this.
Absol said:
Señor Noobnerd said:

Lol, random quote. Actually, I wonder why the name changing wasn't implemented at the opening of the forums. Even in May 2006 when I joined the forums, I haven't heard of name changing until the start of this year.

Yes, May 2006. I know I may be banned and all, but I was physically in PokéBeach Forums at May 2006, on another account. It was 'pungtuckweng'. The name is derived from my real name, and I decided to use it since when I signed up, I thought it was like msn- You get a name and a nickname, and people would call you by your nickname. For the sake of quick login (Since pungtuckweng can be easily typed by me), I decided to go with the name 'pungtuckweng', thinking that I could get 'Absol' as my nickname.

That time, name changing wasn't implemented, and since I hated my name being pungtuckweng, I created another account on Oct 2006- The account I am currently using, Absol. I disbanded my previous account by changing my password to some random numbers and letters, and have been using my 'Absol' account ever since.

I know that multiple accounts will result me to being banned, but hey- I wanted to change my name, did not know that I could do so by approaching a Supermod and had many reasons why I wanted to change my name. Besides disliking being known by my real name, I also wanted to change 'for the better'. I decided to be less spammy (Though my Absol account may have some spams). Also, I dropped TCG for Gaming.

Just wanted to get it off my chest, and since WPM/Supermods probably know this (Maybe not), I just wanted to use this thread tell the world of my 'sins'

WPM: Please do not ban me, PokéBeach Forums has become part of my life (Sort of :)). Since, IIRC and IMO I have not been hated by anyone, have not broken any rules (except this one, of course) and sort of contributed to the site, let me be a free man.

Let not this be my last post.
Lol. I wonder whether your abandoned account can be deleted.

My name was originally giranta because it was the only thing that I could think of, then I asked PMJ to change it to Cougar_Swimmer because I am on the swim team at my school, and my school's mascot is a cougar.

It's really ok to change a name once, but remember-doing it SEVERAL times means you'll never be someone people would remember.(He he, two months and this thread never gets old..)

If you change your name, change it to something people will remeber easily. Wheter they can remeber it by your full screen name or nicknames/abbrvieations. But, wasn't the two name changes in a year inmpletmented beacuse of Palmer ? I thinky he changed his name like 5 times this year !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back