DPPt/HGSS Yoshidude10's Pearl Nuzlocke (another one?) :p

The Yoshi

Wumbo
Alright. I've decided to do a Nuzlocke on my Pearl because nobody else did one on Pearl yet it sounds like fun. Make sure to check out 6-D's, Dark Void's, LORDY JONES', dragonpulse20's, and P0KEVORTEX's Nuzlockes as well. So here we go.

My Rules

-Once a Pokemon faints, it is considered dead, and you cannot use it again in the challenge.
-You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each area(you are then free to fight any other Pokemon in that area).
-Though not required, it is good to nickname your Pokemon to get a close relationship with them.
-No resetting.
-Legendaries are permitted, and clearings where they can be found can be considered an area.
-Have fun!

Before I begin, I should say I am nicknaming my Pokemon after characters in the Mario series. Here goes nothing...

Days 1-10
Day 1

So the game starts and I nickname my rival Yoshi. I watch the TV, and go downstairs and talk to my rival in my hometown. We go to Verity Lakefront and randomly get attacked by two Starly. Happy day. I choose Chimchar to give myself a challenge, cuz he isn't that bulky and the first Gym Leader has Rock types. So yeah.

Spr_4p_390.png

So I beat the Starly who have no intention of beating me whatsoever. I get the Running Shoes(thank god) and I "grind" a bit on Route 201 before going to Sandgem, where Chimchar learns Ember and Taunt and gets nice EVs in Attack and Speed, and stop when Chimchar levels up to Level 10. Then I listen to the professor babble, and he gives me the Pokedex. Then I name my Chimchar Mario because he is red. Yeah, I know, not very creative, but whatever. I go to Route 202 after talking to my mom who doesn't seem to care about me(and I get the Journal) and get Pokeballs from Dawn. Now the story gets interesting, I guess. I go right in the grass hoping for something good. And what do I get? A Shinx. Sweet! At level 3, it's okay, but I know I'll be able to grind. Fearing I will OHKO it with any of my moves, I chuck a Pokeball. It doesn't catch it. :( After wasting four Pokeballs on it, I hit it with Scratch, and thankfully, it doesn't kill it. My last Pokeball...I chuck it, and...it catches it. :) So my newest member:

Spr_4d_403_m.png

I name it Toad. I dunno why, it just came to me. I go back to the Pokemon Center after healing it because of Scratch, and continue on Route 202. I grind for a bit by switching into Chimchar and killing all of those Shinx and Bidoof and Starly. Shinx was close to dying after a Trainer got a critical hit on hit and left it on 3 HP. That was close. I finally get to Jubilife and go to the Trainer's School, where my rival Yoshi is waiting. I give him the Parcel, he gives me the Town Map, and he leaves. I fight the Trainers inside, and Shinx levels up. I get the Hidden Power TM and and the Poketch. So that's it for now. I'm not going to do an MVP yet, because not much exciting happened. Bye!

Day 2

I start off by exploring Jubilife to its fullest, going everywhere in the city(excluding the GTS) and getting everything I can get. Then I go and fight my rival. I thought it would be hard, but it wasn't. I got lucky with two critical hits with Toad and put his Piplup on low yellow. Then I just finish it off with Mario. He babbles, and then I catch my Pokemon on Route 203. It's a Shinx. Darn it. I decide not to catch it and go to Route 204, and I find and catch a Budew. Yes!

Spr_4p_406.png

I decide to name it Luigi because he's green. Then I grind for a while, laughing every time I burned a Bidoof or Starly with Ember, and then stop when Mario hits level 13 and Luigi hits level 10 and learns Stun Spore. My team's looking pretty nice, so I continue on Route 204, fighting the Trainers who are no good. Mario levels up again, and what? Mario is evolving!

391.png

I was pretty surprised because I forgot it evolved at level 14. And then it learned Mach Punch(I deleted Scratch). Cool! But what a forgotten Pokemon....anyway, now I have more of a chance against the first Gym Leader, Roark(I think that's his name), so yeah. I go the Mart for some Pokeballs and Potions, and then I go inside Ravaged Cave for a new Pokemon, and I run into Zubat. Niiice. After using Stun Spore with Budew, I catch it in my second Pokeball. So, without further ado:

Spr_4d_041_f.png

So I know I have to start training it, but I've done enough for now. I rushed through it so much I forgot to name it in the game, but when I get to the Name Rater, I'll name it Waluigi. Oh yeah, the mascot! Here's the MVP for this session:

Mario

My Mario not only finished off my rival, but evolved to help me to level up Luigi to level 10. Good job, Mario! Until next time!

Day 3:

So I go back onto Route 203. I'm a little bummed because I didn't catch any Pokemon on this route, but oh well. I grind for a bit and train Zubat to level 7, and level up Budew in the process. I go back and grind a bit more with Budew in Ravaged Cave, and then move on toward Oreburgh, fighting more useless Trainers, and continue through Oreburgh Gate and get Rock Smash, and fight two more bad Trainers. I talk to a kid as I enter Oreburgh, and he actually says "n00b", but he spelt it noob. What a n00b. :p I quickly run north to Route 207, and guess who I find there? Machop! I Stun Spore it, and then bring in Toad to Tackle it a few times. I chuck a Pokeball, and ta-da! Caught.

066.png

So Machop is the newest member of my team, and I once again rush through to forget to nickname it. I will be nicknaming it Donkey Kong, because it's strong. :p I grind a bit more and Luigi levels up, learning Mega Drain(which I delete Absorb for). Then I go into the Oreburgh Mine and find myself a Geodude. I Low Kick a few times, and chuck a Pokeball. And ta-da! Caught.

074.png

Again, I forget for the third time to give it a nickname. I'll be nicknaming it Goomba, just because I want to. I don't explore Oreburgh Mine quite yet, because I think I've done enough. Time for the MVP:

Luigi

Helped me in some Trainer battles, and learned a few new moves that helped me eventually catch Goomba and Donkey Kong. Thanks Luigi!

Day 4

I start off by re-entering Oreburgh Mine and fighting a few wild Pokemon(Geodude and such). With Luigi's Mega Drain, it's no problem, and it's a breeze Trainer-wise, except for one Trainer who almost killed Toad. Focus Energy makes me nervous. Anyway, I talk to Roark, listen to him talk for a few seconds, and he says that I can challenge him at the Gym. Okey-dokey. Time to go to the Gym. I feel like grinding a bit more, since Luigi mauls these Geodude easy. Then I see an Onix. Man, I wish I had an Onix. Oh well. At least it yields some decent EXP. Mario levels up to Level 15, and Geodude levels up to Level 8 and learns Rock Polish. Cool. I level up Geodude to Level 10, Zubat to Level 10, and Machop to Level 11, and some more leveling and move learning happens. Then I go to the Gym after exploring the city(got the Pal Pad, if it matters). I stock up on Potions just in case, and Luigi plows through those Trainers like nobody's business. Now I have to fight Roark. This battle deserves a whole paragraph...

Nah. Not really. Luigi OHKO's his first Geodude, and learns Worry Seed by leveling up to Level 16(strongest member in the partay) Onix is a pushover as well. Now for his Cranidos, the demon of this gym. I've had trouble with it in the past when I wasn't Nuzlocking, and I don't want to lose Luigi, so I take it carefully. Nah, just kidding. I 3-shot it with Mega Drain. And just like that, I've gotten past the first gym! I'm super glad I got Budew on Route 204. I get the badge, and so that's it for now. Time for our MVP, but I think you can guess it already:

Luigi

He literally beat the entire gym for me. Thanks, bud(no pun intended)! Hope you evolve soon!

Day 5

It feels pretty nice to have my first Gym Badge on a Nuzlocke. On previous Nuzlockes I couldn't even get past the first Gym, and somehow I feel attached to my Pokemon. Enough of that, I leave the Gym, and I expect someone to bash into me, but nobody does. :p I heal up and run back to Jubilife because I don't feel like grinding, and my rival bashes into me and babbles. There it is. I fight a few Geodude at Oreburgh Gate with Donkey Kong, and then run through Route 203. I go past the GTS cuz I can, and then some random kid tells me I have a fiery personality. *don't know how to respond* I go into the Poketch place and get the Memo Pad app, but I can't go in the Radio Tower because the stupid clown won't move. For fun I run into him a few times, but he won't budge. I wonder why....anyway, I go north and see Team Galactic. You know, the people with the bad hairstyles? Yeah, them. I'm telling you, these guys are the least evil of all of the Teams out there. Team Rocket killed a Marowak, Team Magma/Aqua tried to control Groudon and Kyogre, and Team Plasma plain tries to take over the world. This team just tries to see who can find the best space rock. Dialga and Palkia don't even care about them, and Giratina just mauls Cyrus...moving on, I fight the Galactic members with no problem. Mario finishes the job. Lucky for me, I get to see Turtwig. :p They babble some more, and the only thing that is interesting is when Rowan says 90% of all Pokemon are tied to evolution. Yeah, too bad, you demon cow! Alright, back to reality. The Radio Tower is now open, so I explore it(failing at the Lottery Corner, and beating the Trainer). I run through Route 204 and teach Goomba Rock Smash. I semi-grind because Donkey Kong can crush these Geodude, and I get Rock Tomb in Ravaged Cave, and teach it to Goomba(removing Defense Curl). At least it has a decent attack. Then I fight some more bad Trainers on the northern part of Route 204(one of the Trainers says one-shot :p), get Bullet Seed(not sure if I should have Luigi learn this just yet) and enter Floaroma Town. I get Pluck and see Team Galactic again....:/ Then I get the Sprayduck Watering Can(yeah, I'm gonna use that) and a Chesto Berry. Then I head toward Route 205, thinking I'll get a Pokemon, but nope, Team Galactic won't let me pass...grr. Anyway, I go to Valley Windworks to catch a Pokemon, and it is....Buizel! Now I can get a cool Water type to Surf with. I do the same routine, Stun Spore + Tackle, and I catch it on the first Pokeball. This is the fourth time I've forgotten to nickname a Pokemon. Again, when I get to Eterna, I'll nickname it Koopa. I don't know why, I'm just going to(it's kinda like a Koopa). I'm debating whether or not to put it on my team, but when the time comes I may use it. Then I fight the Team Galactic member, which was a piece of cake with Donkey Kong. Then I go back to Floaroma and beat the other Galactic members, and I get the key. I grind some more at the Windworks, because I need D.K. to fight Purugly and Toad lacks an Electric move. Hopefully it'll learn Spark soon. D.K. levels up to Level 16, Waluigi levels up to level 11, Luigi to level 18, and Toad to level 15(it learns Bite. Yesss). And then, Toad starts glowing!

404-f.png

Woo! I've been waiting for this. I was really glad Toad evolved, but it still didn't learn Spark. Oh well. I thought I was ready for Mars and her fat cat, so I went in and thrashed the Grunts. Goomba levels up again, and then I challenge Mars. I know she has Zubat, so I start with Goomba. I 2-shot Zubat with Rock Tomb, but before it dies it used Toxic. It doesn't really matter, though. Now comes the cat that ate a little too much Meow Mix, Purugly. I send in D.K and Karate Chop it after it uses Fake Out. I switch into Mario and use Mach Punch for the KO. Not too hard. Mario levels up from the Purugly. Take that, Mars! Anyway, I listen to Mars babble, then I listen to the guy babble, and then I run back to Floaroma and spread honey on the tree next to the house in the meadow. That's enough for now. Our MVP today is:

D.K. (Donkey Kong)

He took down Purugly for the most part, and also leveled up a few levels. Nice job, D.K.!

Day 6

So I start the game up and notice the tree isn't shaking yet. I hope not to forget that there's Honey on it. Oh well. I head over to Route 205, and what do I find? A Buizel. :( I don't want to catch it, cuz I already have one. But I had Goomba active and couldn't run, so I thought it would finish me off, but fortunately it used Pursuit. I switched into Luigi and ran out of the grass. So I fight the Trainers along the route, and prepare to grind because of Cheryl's magical healing powers. On the way, everyone except for Luigi levels up(and Goomba levels up twice). I spam Cheryl's healing and grind a bunch. Since I'll be grinding a bunch, I'll let you guys see this part, and then update a bit later. Okay, so I grinded in Eterna Forest, and everyone in my party is Level 18+, even Waluigi. Lots of move-learning happens, like Waluigi learning Wing Attack and Goomba learning Magnitude. I rush through Route 205 East(I don't catch a Pokemon because I don't consider it the same route), and then I finally get to Eterna. I get the Explorer Kit, nickname all of my Pokemon(BTW, nicknamed Machop Diddy Kong because Donkey Kong didn't fit by one letter, and D.K. sounded wierd), I met Cynthia, and go to Route 206 to get a Pokemon. It turns out to be Bidoof, but I catch it anyway.

399.png

I nickname it Hammer Bro for lack of a better name. Then I go to the Gym because there's nothing else to do at this point, but decide to actually challenge the gym later. And now, the MVP:

Waluigi

There wasn't much that I actually did, but Waluigi went from Level 11 to Level 18 after grinding for a while. Learning Wing Attack was one of the best things that could have happened. Yay! It'll evolve soon, I promise.

Day 7

So in this very short session, I challenge the Gym. It was pretty easy, all I did was spam Waluigi's Wing Attack, which leveled it up twice and learned Confuse Ray, and then I fought the Gym Leader. Roserade made me a little nervous, but I managed to kill it with Mario after 2-shotting her Cherubi and Turtwig. Yay! Two badges. I taught Luigi Cut and got Thief. I will add to this soon after I challenge Jupiter. *Update* So I'm going to challenge Jupiter to finish up this session. I take down the weak Grunts at the computers, and then it's time for Jupiter and her demon skunk. I know I can beat her, but I heal just in case. Like Mars, I know she has Zubat, so I start with Goomba and 1-shot it after it gets a flinch on Bite. Fearing Skuntank, I send in Mario, because Night Slash won't do much. It's part Fighting, and I'm playing this in the morning. :p I use Taunt, and lucky for me, it tried to use Smokescreen. I use Flame Wheel, which burns it, but it gets a critical hit with Night Slash(which only took away 16 from it Mario's 59 HP). I Flame Wheel it again, and then it uses its Sitrus Berry, which isn't too much of a problem. It Night Slashes for 8 damage:)p) and then I Flame Wheel for the KO. Mario and Goomba both level up from the battle, so just like that, I beat Jupiter. I get the Bicycle, and then grind with Diddy Kong for a while because he's the weakest member on my team. While grinding, I got Taunt and D.K. learned Seismic Toss. Now I can handle those Zubats better. :) After grinding, I beat all of the Trainers on Cycling Road, get the Exp. Share from one of Rowan's assisntants, level up Toad twice, and get the Vs. Seeker from Dawn. Then I go all the way back to Floaroma to check on my Honey Tree, and guess what I find? A Cascoon! I do the regular catching method, and ta-da! Caught.

Spr_4d_268.png

I keep forgetting to nickname these guys! I need a name, though. (if you want to help, it would be appreciated) Anyway, I go up by Eterna Forest and go the other way with Cut and get Sleep Talk. Nice, I guess. So that's it for now. Our MVPs are:

Mario and Goomba

They beat the demon skunk and his/her master. I was nervous about them. Thanks guys!

Day 8

I start this session by going onto Route 206 to catch a Pokemon. That Pokemon is...Ponyta! Cool. Better than a Geodude. Caught it on my first try.

Spr_4d_077.png

I named it Fireball for lack of a better name...and because an enemy in the Mario series is a fireball. I grind with Diddy Kong a bit, and a skip over Wayward Cave because I'd rather know where I'm going. However, I do go inside to catch a Pokemon, and I end up finding a Bronzor. :) Better than finding a Geodude. I bring in Luigi and Stun Spore it, and catch it with a Dusk Ball.

436.png

I name it Kamek, after one of the enemies in the game. I go back to Oreburgh to heal, and then continue on to Route 207, and something bad happens. A Ponyta gets a critical hit on my Luigi with Ember, and just like that, Luigi is the first Pokemon to die. :( Saddened, I return to the Oreburgh Pokemon Center and grab Kamek and grind with him a bit. I continue and enter Mount Coronet and find a Zubat. Darn. Then I see Cyrus, he blabs, and then I exit to Route 208, where I find a Bidoof. Grr. And then, while training Waluigi:

042-m.png

Yay! It finally evolved. Now I have even better of a chance against Maylene. I fight the rest of the Trainers and finally enter Hearthome, where a Buneary runs into me and a girl named Kiera thanks me and tells me to come to the Contest Hall. Yeah, whatever. That's enough for today. Our MVP is:

Luigi

I still can't get over the fact that he died. He was so great for the team. :( Oh well. Stay tuned!

Day 9

So I start this session of the Nuzlocke by exploring Hearthome to the fullest and doing a bunch of stuff you guys probably aren't too interested in, except for a rival battle(which was a real pushover). I grind a bunch with Kamek and Waluigi on Route 208 because of the Trainer with the Roselia, which is good for Waluigi. I level up Kamek to Level 20 and Waluigi to Level 24. Then I get the Happiny Egg from the Hiker and bike around Hearthome until Happiny hatches.

440.png

I name it Peach because of its peachy personality. I then go to Route 209, and catch a Staravia for my Pokemon.

397.png

I keep forgetting to name people, but once I return to Eterna I promise to name my Cascoon and Staravia. I fight everyone, get the Good Rod and put in the Odd Keystone. Not sure if the rules state I can get Spiritomb, but I'll pass on it for now. I finish up in Solaceon Town and decide I've done enough. Our MVP is:

Kamek

After Luigi died, I wasn't sure I could replace him. However, Kamek is proving to be a great addition to the team. Stay tuned!

Day 10

So this session is pretty long, so I'll try to summarize this.

I start by exploring the ruins east of Solaceon, and I catch an Unown D there.

201d.png

I name it Daisy because Daisy starts with a D. :p Anyway, I put Fireball and Koopa in the daycare, and then I go to Route 210 and catch a Kricketune there.

Spr_4d_402_m.png

I forgot to name it, so when I go to Eterna I'll nickname it. I beat all the Trainers on the Route and in the Cafe, so I head quickly to Route 215 to catch something, but all I get is a Ponyta. :( I decide to go back to Hearthome and head to Pastoria, and on the way, guess who evolves while I'm grinding?

Spr_4d_075.png

Yay! I finally have a Graveler. I'll trade it when I get the chance, but for now it's a Graveler. It also learns Rock Blast on the way. On Route 211 I catch a Goldeen with a Super Rod.

Spr_4d_118_m.png

I forget to nickname a Pokemon again, so I promise when I get Fly, I'll name each and every one of them. I enter the Trophy Garden and catch a Staravia.

397-f.png

I forget to nickname it(yeah, where have I heard that one before), so yeah. Then something purely awful happens. Level 19 Kricketunes know Bide, just so you know. I thought I could kill it with Kamek, but it wouldn't do enough with one Extrasensory, so after Kricketune is charged up for Bide, I know what I must do.

I sacrifice Toad.

Kamek is too valuable to let go of, so I switch into Toad. It had about half HP left, and I watched its HP go right down the drain. :( That's the second Pokemon gone, so I must fill in its slot. I go to Route 212 and catch a Wooper, so I replace Toad for Wooper.

Spr_4p_194_m.png

Naming one of my Pokemon Yoshi is a touchy subject. I usually save it for someone really special. Yet I could feel something from Wooper that let me know it was the one. I name it Yoshi. :D Then, while I'm training on Route 212, two evolutions happen! You can guess the first one:

Spr_4h_195_m.png

Yay! I will be sure to train this guy a lot, since he is slowly becoming more and more valuable. And then:

Spr_4d_169.png

YEAAAHHHH! Waluigi evolving made me so happy. I'll be sure to be careful with it. It also learned Air Cutter. I fly through Route 212, and finally enter Pastoria. That's it for now. Our MVP, if you can guess:

Toad

Oh Toooaaaad,
you were like a brother to meeeee,
you were by my side,
you were loyal to me,
and nothing put youuu dowwwwnnn,
Oh Toaaaddddddd....

I guess it's okay. Yoshi makes a nice fit for my team, and I'll be careful with Yoshi in Toad's memory. See ya! :)

Day 11

Sorry I didn't do much but grind. I'll sum up what happened.

First, I head to Route 213 and catch a Shellos.

Spr_4p_422E.png

You can guess this one...I forgot to nickname another Pokemon. Oh well. While training on Route 213, someone evolves! :)

Spr_4h_067.png

Yay! Diddy Kong finally evolves into Machoke! I run to Valor Lakefront and find a Staravia, and then a Kricketune on Route 214. .__. Oh well. After spamming a few Trainers with Vs. Seeker, Waluigi levels up to Level 35 :O, and Yoshi levels up to level 28. Then I entered Velistone.

Yeah, not much, but whatever. Our MVP is:

Diddy Kong

It finally evolved! I was waiting for this. Good job, Diddy Kong!

Day 12

I think summing up what I've done so far is a good idea.

I beat the Veilstone Gym with no problems at all. Waluigi KO's them all with Wing Attack, except for Lucario, who I use Kamek to deal with. Once I exit, Dawn pleads to get back her Pokedex(seriously, how did they get it? :p), and I sweep the Galactic members. I enter the Warehouse and grab Fly(yus-I teach it to Waluigi) and Fly back to Solaceon and get Strength from the Tower(can't remember its name-Lost Tower?). I also catch a Gastly there.

Spr_4d_092.png

I name it Bowser Jr. because of its evil style. Then I fly back to Pastoria and grab Defog(yeah, I'm going to use that) in the Safari Zone, and then I fly back to Eterna and nickname all of the un-nicknamed Pokemon. Here's their names:

Staravia = Lakitu
Cascoon = Noki
Kricketune = Toadsworth
Goldeen = Cheep C.(Cheep Cheep)
Shellos = Toadette

Yeah, I know, lame names, but whatever. I grind again on Route 214, and Mario levels up a lot, to Level 38, and at level 36:

395.png

It evolved! Yay! It learns Close Combat and I continue to level it up to Level 38. Goomba also learns Earthquake, and Yoshi learns Yawn. I finish in Pastoria for the day. Our MVP is:

Mario

It evolves! It is now the strongest member in my party, like it should. Good job, Mario! See ya! :)

Day 13

So I start this day by challenging the Pastoria Gym. Man, was that easy. Wake didn't even put up a fight. Waluigi 2-shotted his Quagsire and Gyarados, and Diddy Kong one-shots Floatzel with Revenge.

Moving on, I stalk the Team Galactic Grunt, and who is it? My rival. What fun. Waluigi was a complete boss in that battle, one-shotting everything. I beat the stupid Grunt and his Glameow, then Cynthia gives me the SecretPotion and I head to the Psyducks with headaches. I felt bad for them. :( I give them the Potion, they leave, Cynthia blabs, and I head up to the foggy part of Route 211, the most annoying route IMO because of the miss rate. One specific Trainer and I missed 4 times before I killed her Grotle with Bite. Waluigi learns Posion Fang, and Diddy Kong almost dies to the Ace Trainer pair, being left with 3 HP when Gyardos Double Dragon Rages it. I suggest to Nuzlockers playing Diamond/Pearl/Platinum to avoid this pair unless you have Quagsire. Yoshi really came in hand for this route. I finish by heading to Celestic Town and healing up. Sorry not much happened today, but I didn't have a lot of free time. No need for an MVP today. :p Oh well. See you later! :)

Day 14

I start off the day by exlporing Celestic Town, but there isn't anything to do, so I thrash the Grunt and give Cynthia's grandma the Old Charm. Then I see Cyrus and go to Route 211. The Pokemon I see is Ponyta. :/ Anyway, I decide I need to evolve Bronzor, so while grinding a lot, it evolves!

437.png

Yay! Finally! It felt good to evolve Kamek. Then I challenge the Hearthome Gym and fight no Trainers (I is good at math) and then beat the pushover of a Gym Leader, Fantina. I get the Badge, go onto Route 218 (west of Jubilife) and catch a Tentacool.

072.png

I forgot to name it. :p I'll rememeber to name it sooner or later. I get to Canalave with almost no trouble, until a Gyarados thrashes Diddy Kong, leaving it with 2 HP. Luckily, nobody died, so I went to Canalave, fought my rival and their underleveled Pokemon, and then challenge the Gym, which I train Diddy Kong in. Then I fight Byron, which was really easy, since I had Yoshi (who learned Earthquake in the Gym) and Diddy Kong (who leveled up to Level 35). So, two badges in one day! :D Tomorrow I'll explore Iron Island. The MVP today is:

Kamek

Evolving was a great thing for this guy. He's great for this team. He'll be even better when he learns Gyro Ball. Good job, Kamek! Bye! :)

Day 15

Today was long a day. I start on Iron Island, where a Graveler uses Selfdestruct on my Diddy Kong. And Diddy Kong dies. :( Anyway, I replace him with Bowser Jr. (Gastly), who I eventually evolve into Haunter while grinding.

093.png

Yay! I got off to a good start by leveling it up quite a bit. I team up with Riley and grind with his healing powers, which levels up Kamek up to Level 39, and it learns Gyro Ball, which is great for Cyrus' Weavile. I slaughter the Grunts, but pass on the Riolu Egg because my team is full. I then go into the library, the professor babbles, and the earthquake happens. I again slaughter the Grunts at Lake Valor, and smash Saturn with Kamek. I then travel to Lake Verity, but while there, a Beautifly kills Yoshi with a crit on Mega Drain. :( No! He was so great! I replace him with my Toadette (Shellos East Sea), because they have the same typing and have resaonable bulk. I haven't trained it yet, but I finally put Close Combat to use against Mars' Purugly. That's right, you fat cat. Anyway, I travel inside in Mount Coronet because I feel like it, and then finish in Veilstone. So that's it for now. Our MVPs are:

Diddy Kong and Yoshi

I'm really sad I lost two members, because these guys helped so much. Oh well. I still have Waluigi, Mario, Goomba, and Kamek to rely on, and the new replacements will help (hopefully). :D Stay tuned!

Day 16

So today I start off by re-entering Mount Coronet. I went by the staircase that leads to Route 216, but somehow I passed it. I go through, enter Route 216, and find a Meditite. I Mach Punch with Mario and catch it (it almost died due to Hail and missing with Hi Jump Kick).

307-m.png

So here's a funny story. I forgot to name it, so when I'm not too lazy to fly back to Eterna, I'll name it. Anyway, I continue to grind with the help of the healing bed in the lodge, so I can level up Toadette to Level 30. And then....

gastrodon-east.png

Yay! I have another good member for this team, which makes me confident. I go onto Route 217, but since I don't have any Pokeballs, I try not to run into anything. Luckily, I don't. :D I'll go back when I have time. I get Rock Climb there and teach it to my HM Slave, Goomba. I go to Acuity Lakefront, but I see a Machoke. :/ Whatever. I then challenge the extremely time-consuming Snowpoint Gym, and I was confused as to why there were Water, Flying, and Fighting types in the Gym, but I figured out they all knew an Ice type move; most of them knew Ice Punch. :p I challenge Candace and smoke her with Mario and Bowser Jr., and then I head to Acuity Lakefront and punch the Grunts in the face and see my rival and Jupiter, where Jupiter is plain burning my rival Yoshi. Then she spills the beans, I get the Storage Key from the clueless Grunt in Veilstone City, and save in front of the Veilstone HQ. The MVP today is:

Toadette

I'm so glad it evolved, since it is like a cousin to Yoshi (Quagsire). I know you'll be a help, so I expect good things to come (like the battle I'll have with Volkner). Bye for now! :)

Day 17
So today starts out by me finally being able to trade Goomba and Bowser Jr. Drum roll, please?

Spr_4d_094.png
076.png

Yay! They both evolved, which is big plus; they'll hopefully stay alive for a while. I go right into the Veilstone Warehouse and beat all of the Grunts, and a Scientist almost killed my Bowser Jr. with Psycho Cut, but it survived. Phew. Anyway, I plow through and get a bunch of items in the place, and then challenge Cyrus.

So Cyrus is a decent challenge because of his Murkrow. Luckily, I am able to thrash it with Kamek's Gyro Ball, and the other two Pokemon (Sneasel and something else) were pretty easy. Nonetheless, it made me know I have to grind a bunch before he challenges me once again at the Sky Pillar (his Honchkrow may be a problem). I then go into the room where Saturn is, and the poor Pixies are trapped. I stomp all over Saturn Kamek style and free them. I'm not going to catch these guys yet, because my team is too underleveled for them. I may just not catch them at all.

Next, I return to Oreburgh City and enter Mount Coronet. I actually grinded with Toadette a lot on Route 212 before going there, hence the higher level. Bowser Jr. also grinded a bit. I get through the first part of Mount Coronet, and get to the snowy part outside. I finish up by saving in front of a Galactic Grunt. Nice way to end, huh? ;) Anyway, here's our MVPs:

Bowser Jr. and Goomba

Evolving Goomba felt nice, since it was one of my first Pokemon along this Nuzlocke journey. I'm pretty sure Boswer Jr. would have died to that Kadabra's Psycho Cut if it was still a Haunter, so thank god for that. Stay tuned! :D

Day 18

So today, I begin by plowing through Mt. Coronet, and beating all of the dumb Grunts. However, it really wears out everyone in the party. Fortunately, I remembered that my rival would heal me. I thrash Jupiter and Mars with Yoshi, and then Palkia gets tortured by Cyrus. Poor Palkia. :( Anyway, Cyrus is a tad of a challenge. He starts Honchkrow while I start Mario, so I switch to Kamek and slowly slaughter it with Hypnosis, Confuse Ray, and Gyro Ball. Then he sends in Weavile, where I continue to thrash Cyrus with Close Combat. Gyarados comes out, and I use three Pokemon on it until it finally dies. Then he sends in his last Pokemon (can't remember it-grr) and he's done. They leave, Rowan and Dawn come, and then I challenge Palkia. I decide to catch it with the Master Ball, but I probably won't use it.

484.png

I name it Rosalina. I'm not sure why, they both seem royal to me, so yeah. I head towards Sunyshore through Route 217, and catch a Glameow there.

431.gif

I name it Birdo for lack of a better name (Birdo is sassy, right? :p). Anyway, I then beat all the Trainers on the route, contiue into Sunyshore where I meet Flint (red afro? whut?), and then meet Jasmine. Fine, don't let me pass. I then find the emotionless Volkner, and challenge him in the Sunyshore gym after beating all of the Trainers in the gym. I challenge him, and he starts Raichu to my Toadette (did I forget to mention Gastrodon is pretty awesome? :D), and I kill it with Mud Bomb. Octillery was probably his hardest, because I didn't have a 100% counter to it. I beat it anyway, and his Luxray is pretty straightforward (I forgot his last Pokemon-:/). So yeah, I have all 8 eight badges, and I plan to beat Victory Road in Episode 19, and then continue on to beat the E4 and the Champion in Chapter 20! :) Our MVP is:

Toadette

Let alone 2/3 Trainers, I used Toadette for the entire gym. Thank you Toadette, you are so great! :) Until next time!

Day 19

This will be the second to last day, and after Day 20 there will be an epilogue featuring my time at the three areas to wrap it up. It's been such a fun game, Nuzlocking and all. It isn't my favorite game, but Nuzlocking made this game so much better. I am truly grateful to everyone who inspired me to make this. I have shout-outs to: XDogKing, Dark Void, P0KEVORTEX, LORDY JONES, 6-Dimension, and anyone else who made a Nuzlocke before me.

So anyway, I start out by using the Good Rod in Sunyshore and catch a Magikarp.

Spr_4d_129_m.png

I name it Baby Mario, since Magikarp is also red. I then enter Route 223 after leaving the final city in the game. I encounter a Pelipper, but I accidentally get a crit with Extrasensory and kill it. :( Oh well. I get through the route, fighting all of the Trainers, and grinding Kamek all the way to Level 54. Unfortunately, while battling a Golduck, Golduck uses Water Pulse, my beloved Waluigi gets confused, and I hit myself three times in confusion, killing Waluigi. :/ It was my fault, I should have been more careful, but I think I can live without it. I'm going to pick up Lakitu (Staravia) as a temporary Flyer, but I'm not including it in my current team, since it's just being used until I'm done grinding. My replacement for Waluigi will be Rosalina, since I've decided as per the rules, I'm allowed to use it. I then enter the hallowed Victory Road. Man, I can't believe I made it this far. I go inside and hope for a Gabite or a Steelix, and what do I get? A Graveler. .-. Why do I keep running into Gravelers? Anyway, I plow through the entire thing, but it's so time-consuming. I finally make it to the Pokemon League. It's great to know I've made it to the final challenge in this game. Hopefully I can beat the E4 and the Champion. My rival bumps into me while I'm talking to the guy who's blocking the door, but me being planned ahead and all, I healed before the battle. I thrashed him for one of the last times in the game (if you include the battle near the Survival Area). I talk to him, he moves, and I save there. I'll be doing a lot of grinding, but I won't be recording it here until the next chapter. Our last MVP in this Nuzlocke is:

Waluigi

What a teammate. He helped me through thick and thin, beat the evil Team Galactic, and lived to see every Gym Battle. It makes me sick to think of my foolishness in keeping him in. But I'll have to move on. So the E4 and the Champion comes next. Stay tuned. :)

Current Team:
395.png

Mario(Infernape)
Level 49
Mach Punch
Close Combat
Flame Wheel
Torment

gastrodon-east.png

Toadette(Gastrodon East Sea)
Level 51
Surf
Mud Bomb
Hidden Power
Body Slam

076.png

Goomba(Golem)
Level 34
Earthquake
Rock Climb
Rock Smash
Strength

437.png

Kamek(Bronzong)
Level 54
Extrasensory
Hypnosis
Gyro Ball
Confuse Ray

Spr_4d_094.png

Bowser Jr.(Gengar)
Level 51
Confuse Ray
Sucker Punch
Dark Pulse
Shadow Ball

484.png

Rosalina (Palkia)
Level 47
Water Pulse
AncientPower
Dragon Claw
Spacial Rend

Graveyard
Spr_4p_406.png

Luigi(Budew)
Level 4-20

404-f.png

Toad(Luxio)
Level 3-25

Spr_4h_067.png

Diddy Kong(Machoke)
Level 5-35

Spr_4h_195_m.png

Yoshi(Quagsire)
Level 18-35

Spr_4d_169.png

Waluigi(Crobat)
Level 5-44

Stay tuned!

RE: Yoshidude10's Pearl Nuzlocke(another one?) :p

Looks like you're off to a nice start! Though, you will have some problems with the first Gym. Hopefully, you'll run into a Machop in the mine.

Yeah, or I might have to grind until Chimchar evolves, where it learns Mach Punch. That could help a bit, plus Monferno is part Fighting, so I'm neutral to Rock. Time to continue. Update will come soon. Stay tuned!

That's what I do when I start with Chimchar. Just evolve and learn Mach Punch and Roark is a piece of cake. Good luck!

Great stuff! The only way is up! ;D Darn, why are there so many good threads here that I need to subscribe to?
And thanks for the shout-out!

You're welcome! I wonder who will finish first...anyway, yeah, I'll have an update up soon, since I have nothing to do besides sit on my couch and elevate my operated-on foot.

An update is up! To save space, I combined all three sessions for today into one spoiler for the day. If I do any more, I'll add it into Day 1. Stay tuned!

Another update is up! Check it out under the Day 1 Spoiler. Epic gym battle!

Update is up! Look who evolved! Also, realized I was saing mascot instead of MVP, so I fixed that. :p Also, Machop will be nicknamed D.K., not Donkey Kong, because I realized Donkey Kong was too long to fit.

Glad that Toad evolved... Let's hope you get to Eterna soon! Watching Mario thrash Gardenia should be funny. :D Once I clean my good Pokémon off of my Pearl, I'll try a Nuzlocke somewhat like this.

~SS

Wow, Mars has swept me on normal runs and you made that look really easy *applauds*. I don't understand why Shinx and Luxio learn Spark after Charge, that's always annoyed me. Good Job!

Thanks guys! Yeah, once I got into the groove of training D.K., it was pretty easy. I realized Valley Windworks is an excellent place to train early on, so I did that for Toad and D.K. Bide can get me really nervous, though. Pachirisu that carry it force me to Stun Spore and stall while I slowly kill it. Yeah, Mars wasn't hard at all. Purugly scared me a bit, but it wasn't too bad. If it had Fury Swipes, it'd have been a problem.

Update is coming soon. I have nothing to do, so why not? :p

Nice stuff! Mine was continued a bit today too, and it looks like both of us did well today! I'm amazed at how easy it is if you just train... but that'll change once I get on to gyms.

Thanks P0KEVORTEX. Grinding in Eterna Forest really helps, as my update that I just posted shows.

Yeah. One annoying thing for me is that my Starly gets crits at the worst moments when she doesn't need them, and never gets them when required.

Your teams looks better than mine. Luxio don't learn spark till like 17, it is rediculous. I didn't even think of training in the forest, my Staravia died in there and I just wanted out.

Update is in! Sorry I haven't updated in a while, guys. The Graveyard is now exsitent. :( However, someone evolves! :)

I like how you caught a bronzor. You just need to grind a bit and it will be one of your stronger pokemon. BTW what ability does it have?

Back