XY YO WPM + Riding Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

m7mad133

Aspiring Trainer
well i sure feel like s***
to think that i was nagging about WPM not releasing anything and all this drama was going and a person might get fired makes me feel even more horrible..
next time i should learn to keep my mouth shut.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
Crimson Tide said:
Sucks for mages roomie but its only his fault for telling mage in the first place.

Actually no. I believe the roommate has a friendship with mage, so told him. The roomie more than likely asked to keep it a secret. Look what happened, it is techinically both of their faults.

Crimson Tide

Aspiring Trainer
Salamencetrainer34 said:
Crimson Tide said:
Sucks for mages roomie but its only his fault for telling mage in the first place.

Actually no. I believe the roommate has a friendship with mage, so told him. The roomie more than likely asked to keep it a secret. Look what happened, it is techinically both of their faults.

Actually no. Im SURE the roomie had to sign a disclaimer saying he wouldnt reveal anything about the game. Not to his mama, daddy, BFF, girlfriend, ROOM MATE, etc. so...

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
Crimson Tide said:
Salamencetrainer34 said:

Actually no. Im SURE the roomie had to sign a disclaimer saying he wouldnt reveal anything about the game. Not to his mama, daddy, BFF, girlfriend, ROOM MATE, etc. so...

I second that.

In almost all forms of media, while in the development phase everyone who has connection with the project is required to sign a disclaimer that forbids you discussing anything related with any outside sources. Making it 1. Breaking the initial rules and 2. Breaking the trust of a friend.

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
Crimson Tide said:
Pokemon just makes gamers go nuts. Its amazing really what goes down everytime a new gen is coming out.

This is the first time I've been involved with the community as a new gen approaches. Normally I'm just reading the front page.

Is it normally like this?

Trainerhan1

Chooses to not abandon his wagon.
Zowayix said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Then today the inevitable happened. I lost contact with the source. You can probably guess what happened to him.
Um, what did happen? From the context I'd guess that he lost his job, but I can't help but feel there's something I'm missing or not understanding.

4Chaners have him tied up and is being tortured for information. If you have read some of Anons' stories, you would know that 4Chan is not the kind of place full of reasonable people.

Frezgle

Winged Death
Thief said:
Crimson Tide said:
Pokemon just makes gamers go nuts. Its amazing really what goes down everytime a new gen is coming out.

This is the first time I've been involved with the community as a new gen approaches. Normally I'm just reading the front page.

This is the most nuts I've ever seen them, and I've paid attention to every new gen approaching since 3 o_O Unless there was something I missed. I don't think so.

Crimson Tide

Aspiring Trainer
Thief said:
Crimson Tide said:

YES, last gen was the worst. "Wottergate" was the name given to the whole ordeal. What a fiasco..

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
frezgle said:
Thief said:

This is the most nuts I've ever seen them, and I've paid attention to every new gen approaching since 3 o_O Unless there was something I missed. I don't think so.

They're like vicious dogs. Vultures.

Crimson Tide said:
Thief said:

YES, last gen was the worst. "Wottergate" was the name given to the whole ordeal. What a fiasco..

What's the reasoning behind the name?

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Thief said:
Crimson Tide said:

There's always something every generation. I've been involved in the fandom since Gen I and I remember huuuge fights occurring over the English names of Gen II Pokemon and secret sources and whatever even back then. It's a very normal part of the fandom. Nowadays you just hear more about the fights since all of the communities are way more connected and we have things like Twitter and Facebook. Everything will eventually blow over like it always does, but unfortunately this is very usual and will definitely not be the last incident. Especially with a franchise as large and popular as Pokemon who has some of the most passionate people.

billi1000

Aspiring Trainer
Thief said:
Crimson Tide said:

Well, more or less, but this is the first time someone gets fired about it I guess. Forums are always crowded with crazy fans that would do anything for information especially if they know someone has it. Anyway, welcome to the community! :p

And WPM, that was a pretty bad situation you were in and i guess you couldn't do more about than you did. Very appreciated efforts and hopefully situations like this won't happen again to anyone.

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
Water Pokémon Master said:
Thief said:

There's always something every generation. I've been involved in the fandom since Gen I and I remember huuuge fights occurring over the English names of Gen II Pokemon and secret sources and whatever even back then. It's a very normal part of the fandom. Nowadays you just hear more about the fights since all of the communities are way more connected and we have things like Twitter and Facebook. Everything will eventually blow over like it always does, but unfortunately this is very usual and will definitely not be the last incident. Especially with a franchise as large and popular as Pokemon who has some of the most passionate people.

It's truly fascinating how "real" this fantasy world is to our own.

Firemaker

FC 4639-6252-3385
I appreciate the effort of the source to help the fandom. In that position I might do the same. However, discretion is important. I think the source and his friend were too open with their info online which led to this whole situation blowing up.

WPM, I give you props for trying to take on 4Chan. Of course you did as much as you could, although you had no reason to.

Karret

Sophistocated Vegetable
Congratulations guys, your passion for the franchise really ended up with some great results. Truly marvelous. I'm assuming you'll all act like primitive neanderthals in the future when someone tries to contact a site with information, having not learned a damn thing here? Totally looking forward to expressing my disdain for people again.

[Hint: Perhaps next time, everyone should work to HIDE or KEEP the source HIDDEN so that this kinda thing doesn't happen again, eh? Of course, you may have to fight your instincts to do so, which seems impossible for a lot of people, so you know, this idea will likely be forgotten when the opportunity to do better presents itself. I guess the source would be found out eventually, but we could learn a lot more, I bet, if people stop trying to look gift horses in the mouth]

I feel bad for the source. :/ poor fella.

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
Wow. It seems as though you were in quite a bind there, WPM. I'm glad you explained what happened. My respect for you has skyrocketed higher than it was already. Looking forward to the rest of the information. It's too bad about the source.

Rusty Sticks

♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Karret said:
Congratulations guys, your passion for the franchise really ended up with some great results. Truly marvelous. I'm assuming you'll all act like primitive neanderthals in the future when someone tries to contact a site with information, having not learned a damn thing here? Totally looking forward to expressing my disdain for people again.

[Hint: Perhaps next time, everyone should work to HIDE or KEEP the source HIDDEN so that this kinda thing doesn't happen again, eh? Of course, you may have to fight your instincts to do so, which seems impossible for a lot of people, so you know, this idea will likely be forgotten when the opportunity to do better presents itself. I guess the source would be found out eventually, but we could learn a lot more, I bet, if people stop trying to look gift horses in the mouth]

You must be new to the internet.

Cinesra

Aspiring Trainer
Karret said:

Please correct me if I'm missing something, but wasn't it MageLeif's own fault that he was found out? I'm pretty sure he posted leaked info on his own site where his personal information was found easily enough for TPCI to make him sign a C&D.

Thief

Awaken the Fairies
Rusty Sticks said:
Karret said:

You must be new to the internet.

My like button disappeared. So "like".

Status
Not open for further replies.