XY YO WPM + Riding Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tai Le Ree

Aspiring Trainer
I can't do anything online anymore since me and you were both covering mage's butt. Can you clear my name so I actually can post well... anywhere without everything getting derailed? Not like it matters anymore mage's roommate got fired.

Oh yeah Gogoat is the only ridable pokemon you guys. Should be expected with it having a saddle and all.

Edit for my horrible memory of names and being an idiot... I guess this still stands, right? It's the last I heard about this incident...

Wpm:

I already discussed this on my forums and on Gamefaqs the other day, but I'll put it here too. Back in the first week of February when the source e-mailed me, I told him I wasn't going to post his information until some of it could be verified (hence this past Saturday). Because I refused to post any of it, he immediately decided to post some of the info on a couple of forums. People like Tai probably just saw his information and decided to go around posting it as a "prediction" in case it turned out to be right. If you noticed, Tai never went around claiming to be the source or knowing that the information was real until this past Saturday (he even posted the source's original info in a prediction thread on Gamefaqs). If you questioned Tai or anyone else right now, you would find out they know nothing else new. So the only thing Tai is good at is trolling. Oh and, let's not forget I've been talking to the source every single day since Saturday now. Hence the English Pokemon names.

Additionally, the real source's posts were deleted a long time ago, so anything those guys have or anyone else are just copies or copies of copies of the source's original posts. As for MageLeif, he and Tai are both from the exact same forum. I don't know the first guy since he isn't trolling like Tai has been, but I'd imagine they both saw the information when it was originally posted or a copy of it. My source is neither one of them. It's making me very frustrated that people are giving them all this attention since at least Tai is going around trying to trick people on every forum. They know nothing beyond what I've posted and are only pretending to be insiders since, you know, it's Pokemon.

Edit: I'm getting this feeling the involved parties should work this out under themselves and certainly not in public. I feel sorry for posting here in this thread at all, I'll go back to stuff that actually concerns me...

I'm guessing that mageleif is a beta tester from Digipen University that leaked the info out to WPM, WPM refused to post it until he had reason to do so, so mageleif and and Tai Le Ree went around posting that info and continuing to give WPM info. Later on Tai and WPM tried to cover mage up since he was the leaker.
What I wonder is why beta testers leak info about a game at the risk of their career.

Amphy23 said:
I'm guessing that mageleif is a beta tester from Digipen University that leaked the info out to WPM, WPM refused to post it until he had reason to do so, so mageleif and and Tai Le Ree went around posting that info and continuing to give WPM info. Later on Tai and WPM tried to cover mage up since he was the leaker.
What I wonder is why beta testers leak info about a game at the risk of their career.

It was mage's roommate who was the tester mage parroted the info

Alright, here we go.

Basically what happened is that around the time I posted my second story with the English names, people did some Googling and found out that the information in my first post had been posted on a couple of obscure forums (by my source). I did not know that he had been doing this. This basically meant that with a few Google searches, you would be able to find his real name - which meant Nintendo could too.

To protect his identity, I tried to take the heat off him by disassociating him from any involvement in the leaks. I posted here and on Gamefaqs that he was just some person who had seen the source's original posts, which I claimed had long been deleted. That way, if they actually found his posts (as many had already), they would figure that the posts were just from someone who had seen the “original” source's posts.

At the same time, a person named Tai went around on Gamefaqs spreading the source's leaks and/or claiming to be him. I was so annoyed by this since he was bringing more attention to the source’s identity. I attacked Tai and said that he had only seen the source's original posts and was not linked to him in any way. That he was doing all of this for attention. But right after I went on an attack campaign against Tai, the source informed me that Tai was actually his friend and was doing all of this to take the heat off him. This made no freakin sense to me though. If you want to take the heat off someone, you shut your mouth - you don't bring more attention to them! I even ventured to think that the source was just not thinking clearly and not realizing that his friend was trying to get some sort of sick attention out of all this. I even told the source to stop talking to Tai and defriend him. The source did not do it - I figured he just didn't know how to handle the situation (he was very freaked out that people had even found him).

Then people told me that Tai started to post on 4chan, which prompted me to go over there for the first time in my Internet life. Since Tai was bringing more attention to the original source there, I had to attack Tai and tell everyone that he wasn't the source and didn't know anything about X/Y beyond what the source had originally posted (which was true - the source had not divulged additional information to other people). Tai kept making a fool out of himself as well. Luckily, I was able to convince 4chan that Tai was an idiot and trying to get attention for nothing. Of course that didn't stop him from still going around on both 4chan and Gamefaqs shooting off his mouth.

In retrospect I think the above was part of some sort of secret plan between the source and Tai. Tai would try to make a fool out of himself. The source, by association, would be dismissed along with him. After all, both the source and Tai had been named by people and they were both from the exact same forum. So I guess with Tai acting like an idiot and being proven a poser by me, people would think that the source, by association, was also a fake. Though to be honest I really feel like this entire "step" of the process should not have happened. But I guess the source just panicked and didn't know what to do. So I guess they used my ignorance of their "plan" to give more genuine punch to my attacks on Tai, which, I'm guessing they thought, would help to further disassociate them from the leaks.

Anyway, like I thought, Tai wasn't helping the situation and continued to post on 4chan and Gamefaqs. And people still kept bringing up both him and the real source. Then the worst happened - the source's real name, Skype name, and e-mail had been posted in one of the 4chan threads. He had also sent me a message saying he was getting e-mails and friend requests. 4chan was on to him and the situation would get even worse if Nintendo woke up in the morning and found his information (their offices would open in the next 5-6 hours). How would I get 4chan off his back?

At the exact same time, someone had posted a hate thread about me. They were angry I had not leaked the rest of the source's information even though I had promised to. To tell you the truth, because of all of the above crap, I genuinely forgot that I had stated I was going to release the rest of the information if the source was verified. Additionally I was having second thoughts about doing all this because of the source's current position. I was also having triple thoughts about not doing it because I was afraid of pissing off TPCi, which could lead to other problems for my site down the road (as I explained many times). So I posted in the 4chan thread, knowing very well that it probably would not end very well. This way, I would take the attention off the source while also perpetuating my excuse for why I no longer wanted to post the information (the real reason being that his identity was now in jeopardy and Nintendo could come knocking any minute if they discovered his information). The plan worked so well that 4chan even paid our forums a visit (though I wasn't anticipating that). I had to delete most of their posts, which made 4chan even angrier, and further pushed the source out of the picture since they were now focusing on my apparent tyranny. People were so mad they even created a couple more threads bashing me, even Photoshopping my posts. This definitely did not make me feel good, but it was more important that the source's identity remained hidden so Nintendo would not find him. This way we would be able to continue receiving his information in the future too. We just needed to give 4chan something else to focus on. And I would say it definitely worked. He was pretty much forgotten over the next day or so.

Then today the inevitable happened. I lost contact with the source. You can probably guess what happened to him.

So now where does that leave us? I'm not really sure. I still have some information I have not released, and since I did not sign an NDA, nothing is technically holding me back from releasing it. I also talked to several people over the past few days who work under TPCi and all of them agree that the company does not want to work with anyone but themselves. I also sent TPCi an email the other day and they never responded, so I think that speaks for itself. So, before Pokemon Smash airs tomorrow, I will release the remaining information: it is the English names of 5 Pokemon and a few other random facts. Nothing too major other than the names - that probably would not have been the last of the information had everything not gone so awry so quickly.

Anyways, sorry to disappoint all of you guys, but the situation has been beyond my control since almost the beginning. Luckily the X/Y news campaign is probably going to go into full force now so you won’t have to worry about there being such a long lack of news like over these past few months.

Wow, I applaud your efforts. I thought something was going on. I'm glad the source came out unscathed too. I'm glad to know the contents of the leaks, they sound interesting. I'm glad it's all over though. It sounds like it was a big headache though.

So were some of those jerks in the insider thread just some punk 4channers? Dang, they really had it out for you. Glad you pulled through. I give you +1 internets.

SuperArtNinja said:
Wow, I applaud your efforts. I thought something was going on. I'm glad the source came out unscathed too. I'm glad to know the contents of the leaks, they sound interesting. I'm glad it's all over though.

Unscathed? I doubt that.

tl;dr no es fake

Water Pokémon Master said:
SuperArtNinja said:
Wow, I applaud your efforts. I thought something was going on. I'm glad the source came out unscathed too. I'm glad to know the contents of the leaks, they sound interesting. I'm glad it's all over though.

Unscathed? I doubt that.

Well mage has richish parents and TCPi said there would be no lawsuit. So its not worst case scenario.

Tai Le Ree said:
tl;dr no es fake
Well mage has richish parents and TCPi said there would be no lawsuit. So its not worst case scenario.

You're an idiot and I wouldn't even be posting if I were you. I'm not even sure you had genuine intentions. You don't even know what happened today, so stop pretending.

Considering they lost their job, I wouldn't say they got out scot-free. But thank you WPM for the explanation, and the efforts you did in trying to protect the source.

So, is 'DigiPen' and the source located in Japan or America? Because I'm assuming that he was playing the English version to know the names..

Water Pokémon Master said:
SuperArtNinja said:

Unscathed? I doubt that.

Yeah, but it could've been far worse. "Unscathed" wasn't really the right word though, you're right.

Lemonguy said:
So, is 'DigiPen' and the source located in Japan or America? Because I'm assuming that he was playing the English version to know the names..
In America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back