• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On (Rayquaza EX / Shaymin EX / Altaria)

RedHatTrick

Aspiring Trainer
Hey guys, here is a hypothetical list for Rayquaza/Shaymin/Altaria for the XY-On format. Any and all help is appreciated.

Pokemon: 19
  • Rayquaza EX (ROS 75) x4
  • M Rayquaza EX (ROS 76) x3
  • Shaymin EX (ROS) x4
  • Swablu x2
  • Altaria (Clear Humming) x2
  • Vulpix x2
  • Ninetales x2
Trainers: 33
  • Prof. Sycamore x4
  • Prof. Birch's Observations x3
  • Winona x2
  • Lysandre x2
  • Lystandre's Trump Card x1
  • VS Seeker x4
  • Ultra Ball x4
  • Acro Bike x3
  • Trainer's Mail x3
  • Rayquaza Spirit Link x3
  • Skyfield x3
Energy: 8
  • Double Colorless x4
  • Fire Energy x4

Strategy: The main goal is to get out an M Rayquaza with a full bench as fast as possible. Spirit Link, Ancient Trait, Winona, and Items help with that process. Altaria gets rid of pesky electric weakness. Ninetales helps lock in Skyfield and stop annoying stadiums like Fairy Garden or Silent Lab; Ninetales can also attack against Exeggutor or other grass-type attackers. Hopefully by turn 2 or 3 you'll be dealing 150+ damage a turn with Rayquaza.

My biggest concerns are my trainer lines. I considered playing Shauna over Birch. I also don't know if I like my Item lines. Wish I could find some room for Robo Subs. Any suggestions are useful. Thanks! :)

I run the same Pokemon line and I am also sticking with XY-on build restrictions.

I have not found Winona to be useful. There are so many moving parts in this deck that spending your Supporter play to only get Pokemon feels wasted. I know that everyone envisions picking up 2-3 Shaymin with it, but it hasn't worked out for me.

I don't see Mega Turbo on your list. To me, it should be a 3 or 4 of in almost any deck running mega evolutions. They make the dream Turn 1 KO possible and setting up a 2nd later in the game much easier. I might suggest dropping one Birch and the Winona for 3 Mega Turbo.

I was running a 5th basic energy with Battle Compressors and still finding it hard to setup for Mega Turbo consistently. I'm bumping my count up to 6 and hoping that with Acro Bike, Ultra Ball and Sycamore I can get it setup more frequently.

Back