• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On Bats (Seismitoad EX / Crobat)

FoxKin45

Centipede / Eyepatch
Pokemon: 19
  • 4 Seismitoad EX
  • 4 Zubat
  • 4 Golbat
  • 3 Crobat
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 2 Swampert
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 39
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 4 Super Scoop Up
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 2 Repeat Ball
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 2 AZ
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Archie's Ace In The Hole
  • 4 Trainer's Mail
Energy: 4
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
Strategy:

The idea behind this list is to craft a viable Toad list for the upcoming (predicted) XY-On format. With the rotation switch to XY-On Toads lose a lot of its damage with Laser/Banks being rotated out. So the Seismitoad is there to use its Quaking Punch attack. It does 30 Damage and makes it to where the opponent can not play items on their next turn. This is used along side the "Bats" line to help deal damage. When Zubat evolves into Golbat it can use its ability to deal 20 Damage to any pokemon, and when Golbat evolves into Crobat it can do 30 Damage. With the addition of Roaring Skies we got a wonderful card in Shaymin Ex. Shaymin's ability allows you to draw cards in your hand until six when placed down on the bench. Looking at the Trainer/Supporter/Stadiums its a pretty standard draw engine. I run 4 Birch's Observations in replacing N because I believe it will be the card to succeed him in the rotation. Birch's lets you flip a coin, for heads you draw 7 and tails draw 4. Two other things id like to point out are Dive Ball and Red Card. I use dive balls over ultra balls because I prefer the consistency and not having to discard. I use red cards to help keep disruption flowing in the deck. Thoughts and opinions guys? Any input will be considered and appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi FoxKin45,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Golbat (three are sufficient)
- 1 Crobat (see above)

- 2 Birch's Observation (two should sufice with Shaymin Ex)
- 1 Az (two are sufficient with Vs Seeker and the added search cards)

- 4 Dive Ball (cannot search out Bats and Shaymin Ex and will slow the deck down more often than speeding the deck up)
- 2 Red Card (not needed when you lock out items with Seismitoad Ex and some Bats assistance)

+ 4 Ultra Ball (general search that also combos with Shaymin Ex and will be still legal)
+ 2 Repeat Ball (This deck will love two of them for Bats)
+ 4 Trainer's Mail (awesome search in these decks)

+ 1 Shaymin Ex (more draw power when needed)

In essence I reduced the number of supporters to make Shaymin Ex and the stable speed trainers from XY more efficient and replaced the former restricted search cards with some classics that work with all Pokémon in this deck. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

Thanks for the reply!

My biggest concern is adding a Shaymin Ex adds another 25$ to the deck, trying to be budget friendly as currently its already 250$~ but will play test and try to convince myself on it. I think ill keep the red cards because it really helps keep disruption flowing and I like to counter opponents Sycamore / Birch / what ever draw card you just used. Specifically in the next format where we lose Colress, N, and many other draw supporters. Repeat balls are a smart idea I will definitely start play testing. My one question is with Trainer's Mail. I have never really used the card and cant see the use in the deck or how I should be using it, any advice?

Hi FoxKin45,

No problem. I do understand the cost issue. The main rationale behind Trainer's Mail is that 39 cards in this deck are trainers. This means that Trainer's Mail should be able to obtain a card from the deck and thin it at the same time. Most of the time you will be searching for Hammers, Super Scoop Up, Balls or an occational supporter. Inbetween Shaymin balls and trainer's mail the deck should be able to cycle through the entire deck fast and get access to the cards you are looking for. it is a consistency card in tainer-heavy decks that helps to increase the speed of the deck. I use it in all of my speed beatdown and speed control decks at the moment and it works like a charm.

Hi FoxKin45,

No problem. I do understand the cost issue. The main rationale behind Trainer's Mail is that 39 cards in this deck are trainers. This means that Trainer's Mail should be able to obtain a card from the deck and thin it at the same time. Most of the time you will be searching for Hammers, Super Scoop Up, Balls or an occational supporter. Inbetween Shaymin balls and trainer's mail the deck should be able to cycle through the entire deck fast and get access to the cards you are looking for. it is a consistency card in tainer-heavy decks that helps to increase the speed of the deck. I use it in all of my speed beatdown and speed control decks at the moment and it works like a charm.

"Shaymin balls" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But yeah thanks for the reply! I see the rationale behind it and I am currently playtesting it. So far im very conflicted with it because they were major changes and its affecting my flow with the deck but im hoping to get used to it soon. Currently getting adjusted the change. I like the way its kind of working so far but still have my concerns. Personally I liked the dive ball so I can Seismitoad out consistently but with Ultra and Repeat its definitely different. Immediately I see that the deck does feel much more consistent. Just had a HUGE play made with some Trainer's Mail and immediately like this card. Thanks for help I plan to test a lot more.

Since you asked about adding Swampert into it, I figured I'd take a look and see what I can do.

It is definitely hard to squeeze it in, but you can play around with this and adjust what to take out to whatever helps your play style best :')

-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Repeat Ball
-1 Team Flare Grunt

+2 Swampert (Ancient Trait)
+2 Archie's Ace in the Hole

Since you asked about adding Swampert into it, I figured I'd take a look and see what I can do.

It is definitely hard to squeeze it in, but you can play around with this and adjust what to take out to whatever helps your play style best :')

-2 Ultra Ball
-1 Repeat Ball
-1 Team Flare Grunt

+2 Swampert (Ancient Trait)
+2 Archie's Ace in the Hole

Awesome Thank you so much! Ill go switch it now and play test around.

Hmm...while you asked about implementing Swampert, I think the best thing for you personally would be to try testing the deck out a bit without Swampert and figure out which cards are too excessive or become dead draws. Then minimize those cards or take them out. That way you can determine good spots for those extra cards.

Back