WPM block the download button

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member
WPM you can block the download button so nobody can download or steal your episodes and take off ALL links to downloading the episodes and nobody can steal them and if they steal them you can block them from coming to your site again. If you have norton security you can fix it so nobody can do that. I recommend that you get norton security and block those that are trying to steal your episodes because we don't want to see it disappear because someone else is trying to steal. Just get norton security and BLOCK them.:)

What are you talking about? What's the point in blocking people from downloading the eps? (even though I've never seen this download button you speak of). As far as copyright goes, the episodes belong to Nintendo, its subsidiaries and licensed distributors.

And there is nothing to prove or gain by claiming ownership or credit for unauthorized distribution of copyrighted material such as episodes of the Pokemon anime.

And taking episodes from any site is no worse than recording them on the tv and uploading them without permission from the licensees or vendors.

What I mean is you can block the links for downloading and if you have norton internet security you can block IP addresses from going to certain sites and I suggested that he either block the or lock the download links so nobody can steal them.:)

So, you're saying that taking the episodes from this website is worse than recording them from a commercial television network and breeching nintendo's/pusa's copyright and the network's exclusive broadcast rights?

Its no different than ripping audio tracks from a commercial cd to mp3 encoding, and putting them on the web. Its just made worse by claiming ownership of the files, and complaining that people are taking them from the site. That's like a thief complaining that another thief has stolen his booty.

People like me are more than happy to turn a blind eye to it, and infact I couldn't care less what this site does with the episodes. I just don't think pirates have a right to claim ownership or get overprotective of objects that do not belong to them in the first place.

If the concern is to do with bandwidth consumption, then rapidshare the vids or torrent them. Actually sharing the episodes would probably bring a lot more traffic and a general public interest to the site.

Personally, I've never even watched a full episode from this site. I tried to stream the Mastermind of mirage pokemon special, and gave up after nearly 20 minutes of waiting brought me roughly 20 seconds of low-res footage. My slow internet connection doesn't help at all, but also I've never got enough time to leave my net on for 2-3 hours to wait for an episode to fully stream.

The episodes are up here for only a short amount of time. If PokéBeach archives them over a long period of time, then there would be copyright issues. But since the episodes will only be up here for a short time, there is no problem. People can't download it for the following reasons:

1) WPM took the time to record the episodes and post them here
2) If other people collected them and archived them, there would be a breach of copyright

So please, don't download the episodes to your computer; it will hurt you (and everyone else) more to download them than it would be to just watch them from the forums.

I don't want this to escalate, so I locked the thread. xxashxx, the best place to make a suggestion is in the Site Suggestions thread.

Oh, and Tyler, I went ahead and posted a request in the Site Suggestions thread because I feel that not all users will be able to view the episodes in a timely manner, especially those with slow Internet connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back