Discussion Would Crobat Work in a Budget Medicham Deck?

Rafelker

Aspiring Trainer
I'm of course talking about the line that does damage when they evolve. Seems like Medicam would appreciate the damage they do, requiring one less Strong energy or Muscle Band to OHKO(or rather, 2HKO). I dunno, would this work?

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
In a Medicham deck, you usually need the bench space to power up Medichams and backup attackers, and that takes about 3-4 spots minimum. If Medicham wasn't so frail, I think this could work...
Actually, at the rate the Medichams get KOed, that should give you some space to play down the bats...but you should always have 3 Meditite/Medicham in play.
Now, for these to be effective, you need at least 5-6 spots. Medicham doesn't have that space...so I think you should stick to the Muscle Band/Silver Bangle.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
I've tested a few Medicham variations (with "Big Basics" and Machamp), but not yet with Bats. I've found that Medicham has a few issues like needing FF energy to attack, has only 90 HP, does not do well against "fast" or "big" HP Poke decks with healing.... So, I'd suggest you make sure you can hit the "numbers" with the Bats-Medicham against the "big" mega Poke, then focus on your deck speed.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
What if you were to add in skyfield? For the extra bench space?
Then you would lose Fighting Stadium (which boosts your damage anyway) and you would take up even more space. Like I said before, you're better off sticking to the damage modifiers you already have IMO.

Otaku

The wise fool?
The big thing to remember is that Medicham is all about Ω Barrage; tricks that directly boost its attack damage (such as Fighting Stadium) are worth twice as much. A Machamp (FFI) on the Bench adds +20 damage per attack which usually means an effective additional 40 damage versus Crobat placing three damage counters. True with Golbat from the previous turn that is five damage counters, but then you've got to use tricks to replay the line for more bonuses while Machamp just keeps adding that extra damage so long as Abilities work... and it can be put into play via Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

PabloBOT

Aspiring Trainer
I have played Medicham for some weeks and in my opinion the best way to play it is with focus sash.
If you don't play against bats or laser-bank, you have 4 hits guaranteed, so you can kill almost everything in the format with 1-2 strong energy and the stadium

Otaku

The wise fool?
I have played Medicham for some weeks and in my opinion the best way to play it is with focus sash.
If you don't play against bats or laser-bank, you have 4 hits guaranteed, so you can kill almost everything in the format with 1-2 strong energy and the stadium

Don't forget spread in general (attacks mess things up as well), Item lock blocking Focus Sash and of course effects that discard Pokémon Tools. Not saying it is a bad idea (I've never tried it), just pointing out a few other potential snags.