News Worlds 2017 Details!

Let's cut to the chase are we gonna have another champions festival or as new gen new worlds promo? I'd love tropical beach to make a return fits perfectly with Alola!

I just hope we get a rotation announcement here soon. I need to know if its BKT on or not!

Let's cut to the chase are we gonna have another champions festival or as new gen new worlds promo? I'd love tropical beach to make a return fits perfectly with Alola!

We got Champions Festival for a reason. Giving cards with such a huge gameplay impact as Tropical Beach in such a limited manner isn't good for the game. I'd expect something new (or something similar to an older Stadium that wouldn't be massively impactful on the game, like Battle Stadium or Burned Tower) rather than Champions Festival, though. New generations typically provide a new promo.

I feel bad for PRC-AOR(assuming BKT-On) decks now that this announcement could mean September rotations essentially become August rotations, especially with them saying the following:

Pokemon.com said:

Details of Changes

This announcement is the first of a recurring series. Future announcements are scheduled to happen quarterly, two weeks before the release date of each major expansion. Any changes will go into effect on the day the expansion becomes legal for tournament play (two weeks after its release date). Even if there are no changes, an announcement will be posted to keep a constant line of communication open with Pokémon TCG fans and players. If a card needs an urgent ban, an unscheduled announcement can still occur.

^ So, if I were to go to Worlds, since it occurs on the day the August set becomes tourney-legal, due to the fact that the changes, if any are mentioned, in SM3's respective quarterly announcement expected to take effect at same time(per the "same day the expansion becomes legal for tournament play" statement) as Worlds 2017, assuming it includes the next rotation, I would have to go online to the official site before leaving to see details for whatever the 2017-18 format is, and plan using cards legal in that format, including researching what cards are legal in 2016-17 but not in 2017-18 due to format rotation, before going in, lest I get rejected for a non-standard list w/ PRC-AOR cards.

^ Likewise, if the above quoted details stay true w/ rotations, it will be a stark departure from past Worlds due to sets from the previous year's format being legal in them... I may not be going, but knowing all the above info could impact this year's Worlds players, whoever they are, I have to conclude that, as they say, word travels faster nowadays compared to the past... We've already seen changes to prereleases and Championship tourney structure this year. But as I wonder whether or not rotation timing will be the third P!P structural area to be changed this year, good luck to those that are going. In case rotation is changed, here's to the first look of 2017-18's Standard format!

Last edited:
Back