'World Championship 2017 Decks' Product Image!

OK these Price spikes in certain products is getting annoying. It's not an overarching increase to everything it's many of the affordable products such as the Battle Arena Decks and now these, which can be a nice doorway to the past and show without an internet connection how you can build more efficient. There's also nothing different at all from how last year's packaging or the contents were at all yet all of the sudden these are worth ten pretty close to half at least sixty six percent more then the previous ones.

If you're going to increase the price of the product at least add something to it. Why not some acrylic damage counters or dice ? Sleeves? Bubblegum?

I'm sure bubblegum would get people buying these. But on a serious note putting a promo a pack or like you said fancy counters dice or sleeves would be a great idea to sell more boxes!

I also strongly disagree with the quibbling above. I love playing them as-is and I love swapping Shaymin EX into my underpowered decks. Few notice and none mind
Does that mean your playing illegal cards in tournaments, or is this just playing at a local league. Because if it’s at a tournament, that’s not good.

But anyways, i think it’s good that they make these, though they’re somewhat overpriced. I remember I learned to play by reading a theme deck manual, and my decks sucked until I got the genesect one of these. Before I was using mostly energy and Pokémon, then I started adding lots of trainers into my deck, and even though it still had outdated cards in it, and was horrible, it was more fun, and interesting to play with.

I agree. I feel that people always aspire for greatness, like wearing their favorite jersey from their team. This product isn't any different from that. I play rogue, so with this format, I like how Pokemon retrograded while progressing the style of play that lets creativity happen. People looking to use a template, or who have never experienced a flow of their own, can use this as a catalyst to make their games better. To each is own, I know. Overall, I feel the price may be inflated a bit, but it's more of a keepsake for fans and the company of where they started, and the evolution of the game we know and love.

I am a child care director and an very excited for these to come out. I have 8 decks at my site currently for the kids to play with and would love for them to play with competitive decks that don't have to be tournament legal. The kids already don't take very good care of the cards that are legal so why would I shell out the money when I don't have to.

I think these should honestly come with codes for redeeming the decks online, it would reduce the barrier to entry online (which has been and should continue to be seen as the 'advertisement' for the paper game) and deflate the price of the best standard cards. They don't make any money on secondary sales online anyways, people who buy packs don't buy packs for code cards, people who want codes buy codes on resale. There's no online currency shop, it doesn't benefit them to let resellers/traders keep prices high online.

These decks are also great for tabletop gamers. People who like to have guests over and play a game (without each person shelling out 300 dollars). This is also great for players who play ptcgo, and sometimes want to know how annoying shuffling is.

Why do they make these? I don't see the point. I think they should make them a premium product with real cards and sell them for more. I know that sounds unrealistic and one deck will be worth $200-300, but it's better than using them to trick kids for money into buying cards that they can't use.
A lot of pokemon products are for collectors and the casual audience. There is a reason these come out during the holiday season. If these contained actual cards each deck would vary differently in cost. Then Pokemon would have to pick a cost per card to cost out the deck. They might as well be entering the singles market. Additionally, these would only be sold at specialty locations under lock and key. Kids can use these cards, not all kids are going to sponsored tournaments. If the kids go to official tournaments, they are at a lgs and their staff should tell them about the product.

The sheer importance of such products for the game itself is undeniable. People seem to forget about that. The WCD is a tradition from 2004, which helped not only in the depth of the game, being a product of TCG-historical importance, but also a way for new players to get a grasp on the whole competitive game and its rich history. Lastly, a large portion of players can't afford 50$ Leles, neither (old-school) Shaymins. As such, the fun these products bring to casual players who are interested in the game, but don't play competitively is one of the reasons these products are printed.

So far judging from the colours... We'll have:

1) Gardevoir-GX
2) Alolan Ninetails-GX
3) Golisopod/Decidueye-GX
4) Garbodor Variant, Espeon-GX or Drampa-GX.

I am a child care director and an very excited for these to come out. I have 8 decks at my site currently for the kids to play with and would love for them to play with competitive decks that don't have to be tournament legal. The kids already don't take very good care of the cards that are legal so why would I shell out the money when I don't have to.
I teach kids how to play at work as well, I buy packs of fake EX/GXs on Wish or Ebay to play with them so they don't tear up valuable good cards

The sheer importance of such products for the game itself is undeniable. People seem to forget about that. The WCD is a tradition from 2004, which helped not only in the depth of the game, being a product of TCG-historical importance, but also a way for new players to get a grasp on the whole competitive game and its rich history. Lastly, a large portion of players can't afford 50$ Leles, neither (old-school) Shaymins. As such, the fun these products bring to casual players who are interested in the game, but don't play competitively is one of the reasons these products are printed.

So far judging from the colours... We'll have:

1) Gardevoir-GX
2) Alolan Ninetails-GX
3) Golisopod/Decidueye-GX
4) Garbodor Variant, Espeon-GX or Drampa-GX.
I think Golisopod/Garb will be one, 1st and 2nd place in masters usually get a WCD

Wow. Just wow.
In the first place, I hate proxies. Second, that used to be price is kinda sorta expensive for my budget. Third:
The decklist is online, and I'm sure you can just watch the guy play it on YouTube.

My predictions are Gardevoir (Masters win), Golisopod/Garbodor (Masters runner-up), Alolan Ninetales (Seniors win) and Gardevoir/Xerneas (Juniors semi-finals).

Could you imagine if instead of some wacko non-holo rare getting foil treatment as the front face card of a theme deck, you got an exclusive to the deck GX card instead?

This is why I simply buy things from Amazon or Trollandtoad. Retail stores, the official website, and local card shops just charge so damn much. I don't want to pay $4 a pack or $130 a box when T&T charges 2.79 a pack or $90 a box. It's bullshit.

I can't believe no one replied to this. Do you play your games and tournaments at Amazon too or do you go to your local game store then? ALWAYS support your local game store (if you have one), even if buying online saves you couple dollars. Unless you only play at home, but I'm guessing most of us here are playing competetively.

These are a great way for players, especially kids, to play a top tier deck without spending hundreds of dollars. They're still usable for casual League play. Also great to get "real" proxies for people that want to build multiple decks but don't want to shell out the money for extra Lele's and what not. $25 is a bit much though. Last year's were less than $15.
This is just my opinion as a competitive player. I think by the time they're released, The format would have changed tremendously (This year not really but still) But in an 6 year old shoes, yeah these are a great collection builder.

A lot of pokemon products are for collectors and the casual audience. There is a reason these come out during the holiday season. If these contained actual cards each deck would vary differently in cost. Then Pokemon would have to pick a cost per card to cost out the deck. They might as well be entering the singles market. Additionally, these would only be sold at specialty locations under lock and key. Kids can use these cards, not all kids are going to sponsored tournaments. If the kids go to official tournaments, they are at a lgs and their staff should tell them about the product.
I'm just saying that in a competitor's eyes, as I don't really need these.

Back