'World Championship 2017 Decks' Product Image!

PerkyPancham

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they make these? I don't see the point. I think they should make them a premium product with real cards and sell them for more. I know that sounds unrealistic and one deck will be worth $200-300, but it's better than using them to trick kids for money into buying cards that they can't use.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
24.99? What the fudge. The 2016 decks were like $10 at my target

Edit: is f*$& actually turned into fudge? I'm not a fan of excessive swearing, but come on. We aren't five years old.

Abandos

Aspiring Trainer
24.99? What the fudge. The 2016 decks were like $10 at my target

Edit: is f*$& actually turned into fudge? I'm not a fan of excessive swearing, but come on. We aren't five years old.

They will probably lower them in price after a certain amount of time anyway, since nobody will buy them ;)

Nistua

Aspiring Trainer
Why do they make these? I don't see the point. I think they should make them a premium product with real cards and sell them for more. I know that sounds unrealistic and one deck will be worth $200-300, but it's better than using them to trick kids for money into buying cards that they can't use.

Seriously, though, they don't make it nearly clear enough that these aren't tournament legal cards. And anyone buying these just to play with them at home is probably more of a casual player, who would just be better of buying a Battle Arena deck.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Guys these are FOR kids and folks who can't amass such a collection, at local leagues the Juniors all have these and they love them - parent isn't gonna splash out 300 for a junior to rock a top tier deck - plus for them a cards a card, in fact this has a Pikachu on holiday on the back so for them it's even more awesome!

I will buy a case of these to sell at league - guarantee will be gone 1st night

jix99

Imagine if Pichu was in splatoon :D
To anyone wondering why fake cards is a good idea it's to sell to younger kids who just wan't to play at a local league, they are also great for proxy's and generally sell well around christmas. My only problem is that they need to make it way more clear that they are not legal for tournament play on the BOX so you don't just blow 20 bucks and not be able to play.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer

These are a great way for players, especially kids, to play a top tier deck without spending hundreds of dollars. They're still usable for casual League play. Also great to get "real" proxies for people that want to build multiple decks but don't want to shell out the money for extra Lele's and what not. $25 is a bit much though. Last year's were less than $15.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
Seriously, though, they don't make it nearly clear enough that these aren't tournament legal cards. And anyone buying these just to play with them at home is probably more of a casual player, who would just be better of buying a Battle Arena deck.

Disagree. Buying a Worlds proven deck is better than buying a Battle Arena deck. If casual players are buying these to play them at home, why does it matter if they're tournament legal or not?

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
OK these Price spikes in certain products is getting annoying. It's not an overarching increase to everything it's many of the affordable products such as the Battle Arena Decks and now these, which can be a nice doorway to the past and show without an internet connection how you can build more efficient. There's also nothing different at all from how last year's packaging or the contents were at all yet all of the sudden these are worth ten pretty close to half at least sixty six percent more then the previous ones.

If you're going to increase the price of the product at least add something to it. Why not some acrylic damage counters or dice ? Sleeves? Bubblegum?

Nebby Baggington

Bag Dweller
I actually quite disagree with the people above saying these are worthless products. I highly doubt kids will be tricked by these, and if they are that is the fault of their, and their parents' intelligence, which isn't a bad thing seeing as parents would rather buy this that pay $300 for their eight year old to have a top tier deck, but Pokemon does make it BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THESE ARE NOT TOURNEY LEGAL CARDS. These decks have come quite in handy with teaching new kids how to play the game. We can hope and dream for Pokemon to release a premium version of these decks with completely legal cards but then the same people would complain about the high price (which they would have). The point is most kids buying these probably won't be playing in tournaments anyway and if they ever plan on doing so, using these to learn advanced game mechanics would be much better than theme decks

EDIT: I do agree that the price is a bit ridiculous.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
OK these Price spikes in certain products is getting annoying. It's not an overarching increase to everything it's many of the affordable products such as the Battle Arena Decks and now these, which can be a nice doorway to the past and show without an internet connection how you can build more efficient. There's also nothing different at all from how last year's packaging or the contents were at all yet all of the sudden these are worth ten pretty close to half at least sixty six percent more then the previous ones.

If you're going to increase the price of the product at least add something to it. Why not some acrylic damage counters or dice ? Sleeves? Bubblegum?

This is why I simply buy things from Amazon or Trollandtoad. Retail stores, the official website, and local card shops just charge so damn much. I don't want to pay $4 a pack or $130 a box when T&T charges 2.79 a pack or $90 a box. It's bullshit.

BrandonHappened

Ghosts and Fairies are kinda my jam
At £20 I expect four rainbow rare Gardes and every Fairy energy to be secret rare

On a serious note, price spikes are bollocks, if they’re gonna raise the price they may as well make the cards tournament legal
The thing is, while it’s good for practice, they may as well just make them legal. It’s a tough market for competitive players who can’t fork out £200 for a decent deck

Aggie_Brad

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
I actually quite disagree with the people above saying these are worthless products. I highly doubt kids will be tricked by these, and if they are that is the fault of their, and their parents' intelligence, which isn't a bad thing seeing as parents would rather buy this that pay $300 for their eight year old to have a top tier deck, but Pokemon does make it BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THESE ARE NOT TOURNEY LEGAL CARDS. These decks have come quite in handy with teaching new kids how to play the game. We can hope and dream for Pokemon to release a premium version of these decks with completely legal cards but then the same people would complain about the high price (which they would have). The point is most kids buying these probably won't be playing in tournaments anyway and if they ever plan on doing so, using these to learn advanced game mechanics would be much better than theme decks

EDIT: I do agree that the price is a bit ridiculous.
I agree in the merits of teaching with the WC decks. I was lost a few years ago when I picked up the game again after 15 or so years. My son got me re-hooked. Today's game moves much faster than back then. I played around trying to build decks the old way only to be embarrassed at League. Someone suggested I try a WC deck. I did. Man, did it hone my playing and deck building skills.

The decks are definitely worth the money. Pokemon lists the retail at $24.99 but that will probably change between now and release. $15-20 is the sweet spot for these types of decks, for sure.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Update: Removed the price, as different places are listing wildly different ones. Each deck will probably be the same price as previous years.

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I also strongly disagree with the quibbling above. I love playing them as-is and I love swapping Shaymin EX into my underpowered decks. Few notice and none mind. The secondary market drives exorbitant costs on sealed product anyway, don't support it! ;)