"Women like a guy who likes Pokemon. What does he do?" Thread.

RE: HELLLLP!

First, go back to the Off topic area, click and hold on the title of this thread, type in a better name for it, and then hit enter. Next, fix your grammar and spelling skills in this post. I think you are being unrealistic with yourself. If they like you, why would you tell them anything? If you don't like them, ignore them and leave them alone. If you ACTUALLY CARE about them, then rephrase the thread to make it seem that you aren't being victimized.

Next, I have to point out that you live in Georgia. That type of place isn't known for being open minded. If anything, people will probably see you as a bad person if you don't fit in the norm: white, Christian, CoD-playing Americans. If you feel you are going to live your life with these girls and they should know that you like a game... get real. You are 13. Real relationships do not happen until the brain fully develops: at about double your age (25). Until then, be friends. If they don't ask about your hobbies, don't tell them. If they do, just say them normally. If they laugh or anything at all, they are bad people and, once again, you should ignore their very existence. I wouldn't know if you like Xbox or PS3 unless I asked. I wouldn't know if you like Chinese or Japanese food unless I asked. If they ask what your hobbies are, just list them. If you are embarrased, stop doing that hobby. If you cannot firmly tell somebody you know that you play pokemon, stop playing pokemon. Self doubt means that you do not enjoy the game. If you care about being judged to such a degree, become a "normal American teenage citizen", and trade your DS for an Xbox360 and a subscription to XBL. At least you will enjoy the people you attract >.< Once again, don't just randomly say "I Liek <Thing>". If it comes up in context, answer truthfully. If they judge you negative for it, either that <thing> is watching Blues Clues (I would know), or you should really not be with those people as they aren't very nice people.

This might not be an issue. It is not like you are going to go up to her and say "My name is John Doe. I like Pokemon. Do you want to go out?" In the course of discussions, hobbies may never come up. If hobbies do come up, at that point you can decide whether or not to tell her. We all have our dirty laundry, the question is who we feel comfortable with knowing about it. There are things that are fine for my wife to know about, but I am glad that ex-girlfriends don't know.

I've always been honest with my ex's/girls I've dated. if they don't like me for me then how could I ever picture being in a serious/even more serious relationship with them..one of my ex's even learned the tcg so we could do more stuff together. Luckily for me I met the girl I'm dating now At pokemon leauge. So my response to you is to try and find someone who Already shares your interests..because even if the girls who like you/who you like don't care if you play pokemon..you'll still need to find things to do/talk about etc..and if the only thing you have in common is you think she's cute and she thinks you're cute then that isn't really much of a relationship Just be yourelf. if they don't like you because you play pokemon then say "ok well even though you say you like me/seem to like me..you're not accepting me as a person" and then either they accept your pokemon habits or don't..and if they don't just tell them thanks but no thanks and move on. I'm sure there's some nice early teen/preteen girls at your leauge/tournaments you go to. talk to them..you never know what might happen.

@shiny umbreon with all due respect..dude..you're only 12. the fact that you even say "get the girls" is a bit disturbing..

^^^Dont do what everyone else does. Otherwise you are just another face in the crowd. Show who you really are and go out and tell her. Who knows, she may play too. :)

d(>_<)b

From an 18 year old's perspective, if you mention that Pokemon is a hobby of yours, and your female companion rejects you or dislikes you for that reason, its a sign of shallowness and an unwillingness to be open-minded. Meaning, its not the right person for you.

*shrugs* Just be honest and say you really enjoy it when discussing things you both have fun partaking in.

I don't think it should matter that you're into Pokemon. That's completely arbitrary to personality.

You don't have to tell them directly if it's too much for you, just wear a Pokemon shirt or get them to notice you playing the game sometime. When they notice, tell them that, yes, you are into Pokemon. Say it with confidence and maturity in every other respect. If you are insecure or embarrassed about it, they'll know, and that's not what you want at all.

Just be yourself, and be happy with who you are, and if they still snub their noses, they're just not worth your time.

@Zero, That's nice. Just go ahead and believe all the stereotypes that you hear about the South. Don't even think of bothering to visit there and finding out for yourself. If you don't want to tell people that you play Pokemon that doesn't mean that you secretly don't like it. It means that you are self concious about being made fun of for playing a children's game.

SA, I've lived there for about a year. Just about every native there fit the stereotype. I was more secluded than I am now. People would barely even talk to me due to the fact that I happened to *ghasp* be wearing a Star of David necklace in my first day of public school there. My entire street treated me as an outcast. Parents would not let their kids even come over to my house. When they saw my parents participating in a Pro-G@Y movement (not a march... don't get any ideas >:[) to try to allow G@Y marriage in the state... it was GG for me. We ended up moving due to my father's HQ moving to Las Vegas (woot woot).

Trust me, there are some pretty lulzy ways for people to find out about your hobbies. If you lie, it will make your "ebmarrasment" for playing the game even worse. Either be honest or give up what you feel will get you in trouble with other people.

^Well then, I should take back what most of what I said earlier. Religion is the only real problem, nobody gets made fun of for not playing COD or not being white.
Back on the original topic: Kid(op), you should change the name again, you're what, 13? "Women" don't like you, girls do. There's a differance.
If it comes up just be honest. But, if they don't ask you then there's no reason to tell them. If you are embarrassed about playing Pokemon then don't tell them at all, but if you're fine with who you are and don't care what others think then be proud of being a Pokemon fan.

Zero, you're getting worse than me. Typing up a paragraph how the Georgians in your town didn't like you isn't fun to read. And are you saying that we can't have a real relationship until we're 25!? Huh!? That hurts. ;~;

~L_X_F

Back