• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard [WiP] Delphox Break or Flareon EX deck ?

LifeSword3

The great time shifter
Hello everyone,

So I have recently builded a prototype, in the sense that I still don't have all of the necessary cards yet, of a deck with two Delphox break. The focus was to evolve up until you get Delphox break and feed it with Fire energies and Blacksmith (I don't have any Max elixir unfortunately), you could 1HKO or 2hKO most of the EXs and hit for a minimum damage base of 110 per turn, plus 20 more each turn with delphox break ability's. I still feel it's rather slow and I just can't outrun cards like Darkrai EX or even Mewtwo EX, sometime I even ask myself if I shouldn't just replace it with four Flareon EX but then I believe that Delphox break is much better than Flareon EX because of the additionnal energy per turn. The other problem with playing Delphox break is that you have to play a lot of energy and few pokémons (18 energies for 17 pokémons currently), wich means that you have to mulligan often and if you loose Delphox break then the match is over. Wich is why I was thinking of adding Volcanion EX because it can 1HKO on turn 1/2 most of the EXs with Ultraball, Blacksmith and an other fire energy, adding Muscle Band and you can hit for a whopping 180. I think I'm going to take out a couple of energies (2-3) for more trainer cards but right now I can only play with what I've got, and it's rather limited (I have only 1 Volcanion EX).

Here would be the skeleton of the deck, of course if anyone knows about a similar archetype I would appreciate any informations about it :

Pokémons :

4 Fennekin
3 Braixen
2 Delphox
2 delphox Break
3 Flareon EX
3 Volcanion EX
??

Trainers :

4 VS Seeker
4 Blacksmith
4 Ultraball
3-4 Max Elixir
4 Trainer's mail
4 Professor Sycamore ?
2-3 Timmy ?
??

Energy :

15-18 Fire energy

Please note that this deck is meant for semi-competitive usein the current standard format, when the next rotation occurs I will shift to expanded but I'll still be playing standard with an other deck of course since I think delphox break rotates out. I've already played around fifty games on PTCGO with this deck and won 80% of them, the only decks wich I have difficulties with are the top tiers decks (Mewtwo, Darkrai, Dragons). I'm also new to the TCG game in general, so I'm still not familiar with the current metagame and al of the tactics involved and strategies, so please explain yourself when talking about such to avoid any confusion or disputes, thank you very much.

-LF3

EDIT : I would like to have the deck remaining in a reasonnable price range so please, I understand how strong Shaymin EX is and that it's almost an auto-include in most of the competitive decks, but try to understand that my budget is rather limited, thank you.

Back