• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Will You Do The Fandango? (Emboar-Ninetales Engine) [HGSS-On]

Ryu Shoji

Aspiring Trainer
Thunderbolts and lightning - very very frightening me.

Although I don't play Pokémon TCG competetively (due to the nearest league being full of jerks), I'd be in the Masters division if I did, so I thought I'd put it in that group. Anyways:

Due to the various different type of cards in the BW set (like 2 of each starter card), I've decided to break those up, instead of just writing 3-3-3 Emboar so it's a tad easier.

Pokémon (22):
3x Emboar (1x Flare Blitz, 2x Inferno Fandango)
3x Pignite (Flame Charge)
3x Tepig (Take Down)
2x Ninetales (HGSS/CoL)
2x Vulpix (HGSS)
4x Reshiram
2x Cincinno
2x Mincinno
1x Smeargle

Trainers (17):
2x Professor Elm's Training Method
2x Professor Juniper
2x Interviewers Questions
1x Pokémon Collector

3x Energy Retrieval
2x Energy Search
2x Pokémon Communication
1x Switch
2x Revive

Energies (21):
19x Fire Energy
2x Double Colourless Energy

I've been thinking a lot about the Trainer cards, and if there are any other options.
As you can probably guess, the main theme of my deck is to use Ninetales as a draw engine, while Fandango's Ability allows me to quickly build up my army of Reshiram. I use the Flare Blitz Emboar as well because said attack 1HKOs Reshiram/Zekrom and the other high HP nasties. I've also seen some suggestions on similar decks to add in 2x Zekrom, would you recommend?

The Double Colourless Energies are mainly there so the recoil from Emboar/Reshiram isn't as bad; or to use on Cincinno so I can save my fire energies for drawing/fandango-ing.

Back