P!P/Rules Will Expanded Have a Ban List?

^victiny^

Aspiring Trainer
http://www.google.com/350
This isnt sure jet but maybe some expanded card will get ban.
I tjink these cards would get ban Exxegutor(With vileplume AoR it can lock items and supporters) and maybe Latios EX RoS
What you think of ban and what cards sould be band?

Last edited:

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
The link does not work, could you fix it, please?
I don't see very much reasoning behind Exeggutor being banned, beacause it isn't really that good of a card, and what reason there would be for bannign Latios-EX, really? Like, why?
Also, GPF(Or FGP in English version) with Accelgor isn't that bad, really, especially since there are many ways to get around Paralysis, which was Accelgor's main advantage.
Not to mention that Pokemon isn't Magic/YGO. LTC was first ban in about 15 years, and it doesn't look like it's going to start a trend.

Last edited:

^victiny^

Aspiring Trainer
Sory guys but i cant get link working D: . But if you go to 60-cards and go user blog and then go Pokemon TCG news article "Expanded Ban List"

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Are any cards OP now, in current format? No. Could some cards become OP after AOR? Yes. Then the problem lies in AOR, not on the past Pokemon.

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
OK, it was confirmed that the information are in fact fake(Can't find the exact piece of information right now).

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
I think that Giant Plant Forest will have to be banned because I heard about a deck today: Forretress FLF/Shiftry NXD. You use Giant Plant Forest to get out Forretress to deal damage and Super Scoop Ups, Scoop Up Cyclones, and AZ to recycle Forrtress and Shiftry to make your opponent get their EXs out of play.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I think that Giant Plant Forest will have to be banned because I heard about a deck today: Forretress FLF/Shiftry NXD. You use Giant Plant Forest to get out Forretress to deal damage and Super Scoop Ups, Scoop Up Cyclones, and AZ to recycle Forrtress and Shiftry to make your opponent get their EXs out of play.
That's not going to OP. I don't really know how you're going to flip enough times to get enough Shiftry flipping heads, and I don't think even want to know how you plan on getting a full line or two out in the first place as well as donking your opponent enough.

NintendoAlian

Frontier Brain
That's not going to OP. I don't really know how you're going to flip enough times to get enough Shiftry flipping heads, and I don't think even want to know how you plan on getting a full line or two out in the first place as well as donking your opponent enough.
True but I still think GPF will be banned.

Jaaaaay

Fear the Six Karp Fisherman

Theres been a few articles on shiftry that claim to be able to average 5 Giant Fans T1 on testing (Item draw engine speed through deck etc). So it seems like a legit deck. Loses hard to starting with several basics, Wobbu or Theta Stop though.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Only one card nedds to be banned from Expanded. Broken Vine Space.

Every crazy broken Expanded strat we've seen? Based on BVS.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
If Forest of Giant Plants is determined to be a detriment to expanded, all other options should be explored before banning. If the problem is due to insane first turn set up, they could change the rules making it so the the player going first can't play any stadiums. Not being able to play a stadium turn 1 has been done in the Pokemon TCG before, so it's not something out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Theres been a few articles on shiftry that claim to be able to average 5 Giant Fans T1 on testing (Item draw engine speed through deck etc). So it seems like a legit deck. Loses hard to starting with several basics, Wobbu or Theta Stop though.
It's probably just me, but I wouldn't trust many an article unless I tested it myself. I don't see the possibility of getting a consistent 5 Giant Fan flips, as it'd require you to either get 4 Shiftry out + AZ (virtually impossible considering you need the Shaymin on the bench too) or a couple of Shiftry + 3 or so heads on Super Scoop Ups. And that's not including coin flips needed to active the Shiftry Dx. Actually, in theory, if you were consistently supposed to get 5 Giant Fan flips, you'd need to reuse your Shiftry an insane 10 times.

EDIT: I just forgot Devolution Spray exists. Would make the deck more consistent... but still...

If Forest of Giant Plants is determined to be a detriment to expanded, all other options should be explored before banning. If the problem is due to insane first turn set up, they could change the rules making it so the the player going first can't play any stadiums. Not being able to play a stadium turn 1 has been done in the Pokemon TCG before, so it's not something out of the realm of possibility.
I don't like this idea. Shaymin-EX could easily become much more powerful without the threat of Turn 1 Silent Lab, while other decks absolutely need a Turn 1 Tropical Beach (?) to work.

Perfect_Shot

Armored Core>Elden Ring

I honestly don't know why you'd mention this. The whole reason LTC was banned was because the other options were taking away Laser and the Hammers to prevent them from being abused over the course of a game and so decks that revolve around Shaymin-EX for draw (Rayquaza, etc.) could actually deck out without having to ban key pieces of it. The LTC ban was just the simplest way to put these cards into check.

Now, we have a similar situation with GPF in that it allows a few cards to be about as game breaking, supposedly. Instead of getting rid of Accelgor, Shiftry, Exeggutor or Vileplume, or making a decision with the Stadiums like you suggested that doesn't solve the problem in the long run, just get GPF out of the format. Why rework the rules because of one card when there is a simple, better action to be done about it?

If it really is that much of a problem when the new format starts, just ban it in Expanded and keep it in Standard, where it is actually needed to help the viability of Grass.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I honestly don't know why you'd mention this. The whole reason LTC was banned was because the other options were taking away Laser and the Hammers to prevent them from being abused over the course of a game and so decks that revolve around Shaymin-EX for draw (Rayquaza, etc.) could actually deck out without having to ban key pieces of it. The LTC ban was just the simplest way to put these cards into check.

Now, we have a similar situation with GPF in that it allows a few cards to be about as game breaking, supposedly. Instead of getting rid of Accelgor, Shiftry, Exeggutor or Vileplume, or making a decision with the Stadiums like you suggested that doesn't solve the problem in the long run, just get GPF out of the format. Why rework the rules because of one card when there is a simple, better action to be done about it?

If it really is that much of a problem when the new format starts, just ban it in Expanded and keep it in Standard, where it is actually needed to help the viability of Grass.
I actually don't think that the card will be banned, at least in the near future. I've noticed that PCL (and the community in general) has actually been pretty good in overhyping cards that actually a pretty lackluster in performance as they do know what they are doing.

Pinecone

A Pinecone on the Beach
First turn stadium lock is a solution to Shiftry Donk so I figured I would mention it. The first turn restrictions have always changed throughout the years and they will change again, when this will happen next is anyone's guess. Do I expect this exact change to happen? Of course not.

I do not think FoGP will be banned. Banning should be an absolute last resort (no pun intended). Doesn't Japan play BLW-on? So these cards should be developed with the expanded card pool in mind. Banning means the R&D team is not doing their job properly. If expanded needs a 'list' of banned cards, I question if expanded should even exist at all. I would like to think the developers know what they're doing and Lysandre's Trump Card was just an over ambitious hic-up.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree

When exactly was this? From what time period was putting down a stadium turn 1 prohibited in tournament play? When did it start and when did it end? I have never heard of this before, I thought the rules have been just about the same since base set.

As for the card itself, I only see Shiftry being a problem in expanded with that card because it gives the opponent no actual chance to do anything.

And to say that it's not viable deck at all is just straight up ignorant at this point with the amount of tests and numbers that suggests it's effectiveness. Given japan using this format I am very sure they will find out a solution.

In the event Shiftry doesnt get banned, league challenges being determined based on a couple coin flips is gonna be a rather weird environment, we might as well be playing yahtzee.