Why Did You Join PokéBeach?

I think I came here through finding one of @aschefield101's image fakes, which led to me joining the Create-a-Card competition. I've stayed here ever since, exploring other forums and the like.

I was an active member on another Pokemon TCG forum, but when they decided to change the whole structure of their forum I lost interest. I really didn't like the changes the made so I came here. The forum structure here is great! I still check out the other forum from time to time, but the vast majority of my Pokemon forum time is here on the Beach now.

All the speculation about what Mega Evolutions could be seen in future games, as well as the hype about the main series, is ultimately what made me create another new virtual and social home right here.

I found the website on Google, it was Christmas day 2012 and I wanted to know the value of a card I had. It was actually about 8 months before I started collecting cards again.

To be honest I wish I hadn't waited, I would have liked collecting Dark Explorers and Next Destinies when they originally came out, as well as the Plasma sets. But I didn't discover full arts until 8 months later on Youtube.

Hi! This is my first post here :)

I've joined this forum because I've been reading it for years, so I thought it was time to be one more here ahaha

I like a lot how the forum is structured. Also, I usually come here to see how can I improve my decklists.

I was an active member on another Pokemon TCG forum, but when they decided to change the whole structure of their forum I lost interest. I really didn't like the changes the made so I came here. The forum structure here is great! I still check out the other forum from time to time, but the vast majority of my Pokemon forum time is here on the Beach now.

I can relate (if it is the same site I am thinking of, I preferred their old message boards to their present ones as well) though that isn't why I ended up joining PokéBeach. I joined mostly because "Why not?" as I was here so often referencing their excellent card scans.

Addendum: Speaking of those scans, I just went to use them and am being redirected to the kind-of-clunky official Pokémon.com website. Hoping this is a temporary change but if it is permanent, guess I'd better get used to it.

Last edited:
I came here after looking at Flaming Claw's, DMX147's, and Aschefield's fakes on Deviantart. I love it here.

I joined Pokebeach because my good friend had been a member for a couple of months. She recommended it to me (yet somehow, I've ended up discussing here way more than her).

I've joined PokéBeach because I just got into the paper version of Pokémon TCG and I was looking for some informations on how to starts the game on the internet and found these forums, so far it's very informative and people are friendly here.

I kept looking up leaks for new TCG sets (because I couldn't take the suspense) and EVERY SINGLE TIME I looked it up Pokebeach was the first website. So I finally clicked on it to see what the fuss was about, and here I am!:p

So, I would pop by the site every once and awhile when I would see news and the like on Facebook or wherever. Didn't think much of it at first. Then, I think it was October or November 2015, I was lookin' for deck lists, and my buddy/TO told me to go here and I've been kinda hooked ever since. Recently, I decided to actually actively use the forum functions more.

Oh, and another thing that's keepin' me here, other than the Skype chat, are the badges. I love collecting badges.

I used to only check the front page for stuff, and about a month ago i just decided to join... i guesss.. XD

Back