Why Did You Join PokéBeach?

CuriousCleffa

Aspiring Trainer
I joined because I wanted to find people to trade the TCG cards with. There isn't anyone I know of that collects the cards and would trade them (not many people when you're in college). I joined PokeGym, and got scammed super bad and they did nothing about it, so I fully left that site and now only use PokeBeach for my trading needs. I also love checking the news on the front page. And I was hoping I would be able to talk about Pokemon with other Poke-nerds :p

Milennin

*Hugs Absol*
I joined because I wanted to read discussions about the Pokémon TCG and get advice on my decks and gameplay. The official forums are a bad option since they don't allow any picture or video uploads and the word filter is ridiculous, and Serebii's TCG forum section is way too small and inactive, so PokéBeach was kind of my only good option when it came to anything Pokémon TCG related. For the short period of time I've been here it's been very helpful to me so far.

NameBlank

The Divine Paradise
When I found out about CMP's Neo Redux, I wanted to try faking. So I started VS. Battle Zone

ScottSpain

Life Coach for Gamers
I normally come to the site for spoilers and news, so I figured I would join and get help with my decks and future teams.

jonrios

Aspiring Trainer
Hey there!! I joined to get started on my friend safari on pokemon y so I need adds for it haha my fc is 4613-8678-4114 :)
Add me please :)

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
I originally set up an account to ask a question about buying or selling cards, but I probably would have joined either way because I was into the TCG. I have accounts on other Pokemon related sites, but this one seems more relaxed and friendlier.

Klonoahedgehog

Ace Trainer
I was a lurker for a while (still kinda am) but i decided to join so i could post my thoughts on certain discussions, and because i was in the hype for ORAS. I've really enjoyed my time here so far. :D

Elvis Peebles

Aspiring Trainer
If I try to help a newb on the company owned forum someone tells me to get back on topic like I'm doing something wrong. makes me uncomfortable but I won't be bullied by a fellow gaming nerd.

When I google deck lists this forum is generally the best one.

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Hey guys! I know I'm not a new member, but its been almost 4 years since I posted, though I have frequented the forums and the website since I started.

In short, I am a graduate student of geological sciences at Central Washington University. My research is mainly structure and earthquake related within the Basin and Range province of western USA but I love Pokemon and I have an ongoing passion for wanting to create geologic maps for the various Pokemon regions.

My success with Play! Tournaments has been slightly above average, participating in multiple states and regionals as well as smaller cities tournaments in the NW states but never making top cut in either TCG or VGC.

I love Pokebeach and I want to support it as much as I can!

DarkMatterGaming

Aspiring Trainer
Your guess is as good as mine.

...Okay, in all seriousness, I've been around but my love for the TCG died off for a little while, but as of today, I want to reignite it.

Now why did it die off? Mostly because I started playing other games and found myself wanting to play the TCG less and less, but I don't want to just let it die off. So here I am, essentially making a fresh start.

Sorry if I worried any of you or if this just a waste of space. ^^;

Kenneth Ecker

Aspiring Trainer
News Staff
I joined because everyone told me it was the best place for the Pokemon community to get together.

They were not wrong. <3

RunningWithScizors

Aspiring Trainer
I really don't know why I joined. I guess I was just looking for Pokemon TCG forums and decided to sign up. After all, that's probably the best way to join a forum, right?

Boracay_Jason

Old Member
I joined Pokebeach almost 9 years ago because I was just getting into the TCG. I didn't quite prefer that hobby, so I transitioned to the video games instead. I quit the forums 6 years ago, but never lost my love for Pokemon and this absolutely wonderful community! Good old days!

crann777

I See You
I joined earlier in the year because the site had a good card database, early scans of the Japanese sets, and allot of quality content for free. Unfortunately most of that no longer holds true, but I stick around nonetheless.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Deck advice and trolling

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User
I joined earlier in the year because the site had a good card database, early scans of the Japanese sets, and allot of quality content for free. Unfortunately most of that no longer holds true, but I stick around nonetheless.

Yeah... It's really disappointing that they don't have their own scans. Now we get Pokemon's crap-tastic database that makes me rather want to search the cards on google. I'm just here now for news and the occasional interesting threads.

I joined because I wanted to learn more about the meta and how the game worked competitively. I also joined for the early news.

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
I joined because I wanted to get back into the TCG, but never actually ended up playing competitively. It was because of my bitterness towards EX, and Pyroar being Power Creep'd out so quickly that I left. I kind of stayed because why leave ;/ Also I kind of like this place.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Blame it on DNA. He had a link to this place in one of his profiles elsewhere. I checked it out and just kinda stayed.

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
Oh boy, I barely remember why I joined PokeBeach in the first place. I was viewing the site for news for a while, when I stumbled upon the little forum link in the top left. I believe I joined simply to talk about Pokemon with people all the time. I didn't have too many friends who played the card game at that point, and I only saw them at League on Sundays, so a forum was a great place to talk with people about my decks, the news, and help out people with their decks and troubles. And I already went to the site for news, so why not go to it for discussions as well?

Finding new friends was the easiest part. I made friends with a lot of people on the forums, many of which I still talk to today, both through our interest in the TCG, and through the Forum Games.

Man, how different would my life be without having found PokeBeach's forums 3 years ago? I spend so much of my day on the forums, helping with the article program, and helping out all over the site. It's such a big part of my life now. It wouldn't be possible without all you wonderful people who visit the site. You're the reason I do so much for the site. Thank you all for enjoying PokeBeach and viewing the site every day. :)