Which cards are rare?

Anna Banana

Aspiring Trainer
I am a new collector. How do I know which card is rare, kind of rare, and not rare?

I am 7 years old. :shy:-

Notice those little symbols in the bottom right of a card? There are a few of them.

In the bottom right, below the Retreat Cost, you'll find these things:

Set Number (like 12/120)
Rarity
Set Symbol (Black and white)

The rarity is then as follows:
A star denotes a Rare. If the card is shiny, that means its more rare as rares without those stars.
A card with a small tilted square is uncommon
A card with a circle is common

Hope I helped.

Also, if a card has a set number that is something like 122/121, that means it is a secret rare, which are very rare.

If a card has a stamp. Lets say you get a Machamp and it says Unseen forces or another set name it Means it is Reverse holographic and if you get a card without a set symbol or anything missing that should be there it is a Misprint. Most cases they will be worth a lot but if it is a common misprint then it will be worth about the same.:)

If there are three stars in a triangle pattern, it is an ultra rare. These include Pokémon Lv. X, Pokémon-ex and Pokémon-*.

I don't think I have ever seen that before.:)

BoDragon said:
If there are three stars in a triangle pattern, it is an ultra rare. These include Pokémon Lv. X, Pokémon-ex and Pokémon-*.

That's a load of tauroscrap.

I think the old "Shining" Pokemon had three stars in a triangle pattern, but none of the newer cards do.

Back