Which box should I buy? (PLUS AN IDEA!)

AlanJLegend

Aspiring Trainer
Well guys, I have a great idea, but firstly, I need to ask this.

For Christmas, kind of as a present for myself, I am going to buy a box of 36 boosters. I am not sure which I should buy though. I am currently running an Empoleon deck (if that matters). I am thinking I will either get Dragon Frontiers, Diamond/Pearl or Mysterious Treasures. Which box do you fine people recommend I get? Help would be appreciated.

Now, here is my idea. What I am going to do is use this box much like an advent calender. I will open one booster for every day of December, then on the 25th I will open the remaining twelve. This should be quite fun.

My proposition is, would anybody else be willing to do this? We could have a thread in which we report every day which cards we got and stuff.

Anyway, I look forward to a reply.

Alan :)

Buy a box of Secret Wonder's, cause it's a funny name for a advent calender and there are many nice cards in it ^^

you can build an deck around the new gardevoir/gallde xD

Then buy an Mysterious Treassures Display, it's a funny name, too and you can build an deck around Magmortar or Feraligatr.

or try to get an SW box by ebay

If I got a SW box on Ebay, would I be able to use the cards in competition despite them not actually being released here yet?

I don't know how you'd have the patience not to open all the packs at once, but good luck with that if you do.

If you can get your hands on Secret Wonders, get that. Mysterious Treasures is a good set too.

This also goes in TCG Discussion. Now moving...

I would get Dragon Frontiers. Counting all the great cards from the set I would buy that.

Get Mysterious Treasures if you can't get SW.

And you know what? That sounds like a fun idea. I think I'm gonna ask for 25 Booster Boxes so that I can open a box a day tho XD

On a more serious note, if I do get my SW box late this month, I MIGHT have the patience for it.

Watever it is if i were u,i would probably just get the latest one..Which in your case,Mysterious Treasures..

Mt, it is so awesome! It has some awesome cards and that's a great idea. Everyday, you'll have something to look foward to everyday.

If you are a Dragon fan then go for Dragon Frontiers because it has a lot of awesome cards in the set but if you want to go farther back like the base set then get 1 of those. That idea is awesome. If I ever get a box I would probably do the same.:)

I'd say go with SW if possible. Even if you can't use them right away, you'll have a head start when you can.
As much as I would love to do this:
1) I haven't the money for it >.>
2) I swear, every time I pulled something where the holo was a reverse holo croagunk (example) I'd explode before it was christmas :F
3) I really don't like buying boxes and getting only 1 Lv.X and a bunch of holo's I already have. I prefer buying single cards.

Serjent_Tankian said:
I'd say go with SW if possible. Even if you can't use them right away, you'll have a head start when you can.
As much as I would love to do this:
1) I haven't the money for it >.>
2) I swear, every time I pulled something where the holo was a reverse holo croagunk (example) I'd explode before it was christmas :F
3) I really don't like buying boxes and getting only 1 Lv.X and a bunch of holo's I already have. I prefer buying single cards.

You know you could get a box and use your duplicate cards for trading. I have 18 base Abra's and a lot of other duplicates and I trade the newer series duplicates for other cards but I hang on to the Wizards of the Coast cards and I don't trade those at all any more like I used to.:)

Back