Pokemon Where Would You Live in the Pokémon World?

TBH, my ideal place to live has never been truly represented in Pokemon. My ideal place is an urban environment where nature still has a strong presence, where it has a strong youth presence to keep the area grounded and a strong sense of community. The area has seen better days, and there's still remnants of its golden age of industry and retail, but most actual business has fled the area elsewhere, but nearby is a town or city where you can be unnecessarily luxurious and decadent if need be. And one of the two places needs a killer nightlife! :U

Describing this area, one city is coming into my head, and that's Driftveil. I think it's the closest the series has come to creating this ideal city location for me, since it still has the Cold Storage to provide employment and it has a strong culture and sense of community with the PWT. The route toward Chargestone Cave is very natural with a lot of trees and quite long, winding and scenic paths (imagine walking a dog through there!). Somehow, I feel like there is a very relaxed environment there, especially for youths, where there isn't too much focus placed on school considering there's mining and cold storage jobs in the local area -- and a bustling marketplace. And over the drawbridge is Nimbasa City, complete with the only funfair, sports arena and theatre in all of Unova! Out of everywhere in the region, Nimbasa City should definitely have the best nightlife, too.

So uh, I think Driftveil City sounds pretty good! n_n"

That said, I've always been absolutely enamoured with Sootopolis City. Being completely encased by mountains sounds absolutely magical, and I think if I weren't so artificial, that incredible community would win out for me.

This is an interesting question. I'd love to live somewhere in Johto; as it is my favorite region. Goldenrod is one of my favorite cities; but it's bit too "hustle and bustle" for my tastes. So; maybe Olivine or Ecruteak I guess?

Although; I did love the visual update Sootopolis City got in OR/AS, so I could always live there...

I'd probably pick Azalea Town in Johto. It's pretty calm and quaint, located conveniently between the city for shopping and the ruins for fossil-hunting, and it actually reminds me quite a bit of my area IRL (we've even got a well). The location of the school in Violet City and the player's home in New Bark Town is also uncannily similar to the location of my old high school and where I used to live. When not collecting fossils, I imagine spending my spare time taking strolls through Ilex Forest to photograph Bug Pokémon.

Maybe I'd get Kurt to teach me the art of Apricorn Balls? I remember decorating walnut shells as a kid and calling them Apricorn Balls. :p

Last edited:
I've always loved bustling big cities with many neon lights and a good night scenery, so I think I'd pick one of Celadon, Goldenrod, possibly Mauville, Jubilife, Hearthome, Castelia, or Nimbasa. Of those, I'm most likely to pick Goldenrod or Jubilife—Goldenrod is filled with my favourite colour and has lots of tall buildings, while Jubilife strikes me as glamorous yet homely, with lots of things to do and places to see. Hearthome would also be one of my preferred picks, because it's huge, has the Contest Hall, and Amity Park to go explore.

I've always been intrigued with Pacifidlog Town. The idea of living literally on the ocean has always fascinated me, and it's why one of my life goals is to make it to Venice. Water is also my favorite type. Living in such a secluded place builds a strong sense of community, and always being able to escape the stresses of life with the nearby ocean sounds ideal. It'd be so peaceful and relaxing... though I'd probably get a sunburn daily.

I'd live in Rustboro City in Hoenn. Lovely, quiet place with a trainer school to learn about Pokemon! The areas around it are a nice mix of sea, forest and mountains - definitely a great place for a trainer to start out. A plus point is definitely Rusturf tunnel filled with adorable Whismur that I can take to travel to Vendanturf Town to do my shopping. Seems like a perfect suburban life for me!

For me, it has to be Goldenrod City.
  • Buzzing and youthful city vibe - Department Store, Bike Shop, Flower Shop, Game Corner and Radio Station.
  • Underground market selling local goods and services.
  • Great public transport - Magnet Train links to Kanto!
  • Close to big, green open spaces - National Park and the Bug-Catching Contest + Ilex Forest to the south.
I think it has the best of both worlds - a cool urban environment close to nature.

*Max Revives thread*

Personally I'd have to be in Malie City.

- Immersed in the island's natural beauty, like the Malie Garden. It's also close to Mount Lanakila, Route 14, and Mount Hokulani.
- Beautiful architecture, awesome restaurant (Sushi High Roller).
- A library. I like to read, and libraries usually have many books!
- Close to the port, where boats leave to go to Hau'oli City, Heahea City, and Seafolk Village.

As the title says I'm wondering where all y'all awesome people would live in the Pokemon world :)

I think you should explain which region, city (etc.) you would want to live in, and explain why you want to live there :)

I would personally live in Kalos, because I like the large diversity in Pokemon. I would live in Lumiose City on Magenta Plaza in an apartment above the Pokemon Center. I chose to live there, because it's one of my favorite places in the whole city (and game). I would love to live in a large city, and I think Magenta Plaza has something calming over it. It's also placed rather central and easy to find, which I also like, and if I wanted to eat somewhere, I could go on the Lysandre Café (If it's still running) or go to a café on either Estival or Autumnal Avenue since they're right next door. I also think my apartment would have a great view showing the gym-tower and the magenta sculpture thingy :D

So where would you live?
Eterna City in Sinnoh.
Sinnoh because Gen 4 is the most nostalgic thing in my life, and Eterna city because I love the smallish town feel to it, you can see the mountain on one side, and the open sky on the other. Also I like the music.

Back