Pokemon What's Your LEAST Favorite Pokémon and Why?

Cheyfayce

Stylist by day, Pokemon trainer by night.
Self explanatory!

This can be either TCG/O or VG or any other form of pokemon out there.

I'll start!

Mine is Machamp in Pokken, He's good at close range atk but he's slow and BULKY. I've very rarely seen in him TCGO and I don't play the VG's.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Moved to General Pokémon Discussion as the topic is specifically about Pokémon.

Personally, I don't have any least favourite Pokémon. While there are certainly some that I like better than others, there aren't really any I dislike strongly enough to put them in this category.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer
I have a strong distaste for the "Elemental Monkeys". They just feel so pointless and out of place... In fact, they are so bland and stupid that I sometimes forget their existence.

Also, I find the "Forces of Nature" trio to be absolutely lame. I hate the designs of Landorus, Thunderus and Tornadus because they just don't look like Pokemon. I get some weird Yu-Gi-Oh / Digimon vibes when I encounter them in online battles. Feels so out of place. Stupid designs, stupid concept, forgettable.... ugh.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Charizard. It's terrible and way too overrated.
I wouldn't call it terrible but definitely overrated.

My least favorite Pokemon without a doubt is Pelipper. He creeps the living crap outta me. Look at him. Starting at you with his awkwardly shaped eyes, and his abnormally huge mouth beak thing. He's just so creepy...

GarbodorLover

Check out my art thread, "Abstract Pokémon Art"!
My least favorite Pokémon is... Wait a minute! Come to think of it, there aren't any Pokémon actually I dislike! I either like them or am neutral towards them. That's it, this post's over.
Oh no... I remember one! The only Pokémon I actively dislike, with a design so terrible that it puts commonly hated ones like Klinklang and Vanilluxe to shame. I am speaking about...

...Seel. It's literally the most unoriginal Pokémon ever created, and it's from Gen 1! And people say Gens 5 and 6 have terrible designs...

I've talked time and time again about how much I love Trubbish and Garbodor (although my favorite is actually Zygarde), but forget about that for a second. Electrode and Dugtrio, two Pokémon commonly cited as how Gen 1 had some terrible designs as well, are some of my favorites solely based on design. A lot of time and effort is put in to designing a Pokémon, and while I don't want to go into much detail about why I like these two (this is about my least favorite Pokémon after all), I still think they're extremely well-designed. But then there's Seel.

Seel is the epitome of laziness. A seal Pokémon has a lot of potential, but nope. They took a preexisting animal, changed the spelling of the name, and put a horn on its head. Heck, I could do the same thing in MS Paint! Just give me a few minutes...

Guys, look! I found the Sun and Moon water starter!

dolphin-clip-art-dolphin10.png

(Yes, I actually made this image just for this post. This is basically all that Seel is, a misspelled animal with a horn!)

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
My least favorite pokemon, eh? Hmm... That's a little difficult... But, if I had to say just one, I'd say Meowstic. The reason why I chose Meowstic is because I've failed to see what's so amazing about it. If anything, I've seen it as more of an annoyance than a pokemon. I think this is mostly due to how often I'd see it so easily fail in Callem/Serena's party and how much my friend would brag about his.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
Geodude and Graveler. They're kinda dull looking (though Golem's pretty cool) and are a pain to catch later on in the game because of Self Destruct and Explosion. Luckily, I haven't encountered a shiny one of these guys yet.

My least favorite Pokemon to battle is Purugly. Every time I've had to battle one of these menaces, they have incapacitated my Pokemon with Attract, Swagger, Hypnosis or any combination of the three. Also, no matter what, they always seem to outspeed me, almost like they have Prankster.

LadyLucina

Aspiring Trainer
There's not a whole lot of Pokemon that I particularly hate, per-say, but there is one. And that one Pokemon is Gothorita. It just comes off as creepy to me, which I should be saying about Gothitelle, but for some reason I like Gothitelle more. Is that weird by any chance?

CF1994

Aspiring Trainer
Phione is my least favourite Pokémon, now that I think about it.

It has no business other than being PokéDex filler and is rather impossible to get, unless you use the GTS. At least other filler Pokémon are useful in comparison and are accessible. I think every other Water Types do a much better job than it in battle.

I don't outright hate it, but I do feel like it is unnecessary filler.

Jinjer

Aspiring Trainer
not a real dislike, but i guess it's more of a "meh" for me would be the ghost pokemon

i don't know... i mean, they're okay when you could use them, but it just doesn't click for me in a special way

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Zubat.

Way too many of them, and they take up too much time. Also, Tentacool when using surf.

garbodorable

Aspiring Trainer
I'm another person who hates the Forces of Nature trio. If they looked like their Therian formes to begin with they'd at least be tolerable, instead of looking like 3 alt-colors of the same pokemon.

Not a big fan of the Musketeer trio either. Probably my list of 10 least-favorite pokemon would all be legendaries. I don't know what it is... I hate how they're integrated in the games and I don't like the legendary creep of Gens 3-5.

Turtwig

Retired retired Mod. Jovimohnaeliackvid.
Least favorite? Chimchar. Back when I used to watch the DP anime, I used to love Ash's Turtwig (because I chose Turtwig starting out in Diamond and it turned into my favorite Pokemon). I had a natural disdain for Chimchar since it was more popular, but when Ash's Turtwig lost to Paul's annoying Chimchar in their first battle, it all went downhill. To make it even worse, Ash ended up keeping the same annoying Pokemon. I was furious. It's like the show went from Ash and all of his Pokemon working together to the "Ash and Chimchar" show. Ash's Infernape was always so "cool" with its Blaze ability and high speed that it had to win battles, but did you know that, out of the few times it actually got to battle, Ash's Torterra basically lost every time? Ash's Turtwig was shown to beat Roark's Rampardos...as a Turtwig. It faced Gardenia with its spinning and speed, yet its evolution to Grotle changed everything and it was eventually sidelined to lose battles for plot convenience. It was now Chimchar's turn. And when Chimchar took its turn, it was cemented as the Pokemon I'd always hate the most.

Hoppip is a close second, though, because it is a shameful Grass-type. Go away, Hoppip.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
Phione is my least favourite Pokémon, now that I think about it.

It has no business other than being PokéDex filler and is rather impossible to get, unless you use the GTS. At least other filler Pokémon are useful in comparison and are accessible. I think every other Water Types do a much better job than it in battle.

I don't outright hate it, but I do feel like it is unnecessary filler.
With the recent Manaphy event, simply breed it as often as you like to get Phione.

As for my least fave Pokemon..... I don't have one.

Team Rocket Fan

Team Rocket Lover and Humble Katy Cat!
Must be Garchomp! I was soooooooooooooooooooooo sick of him being in every competitive team and everywhere in the battle spot! (I was also thinking about Chesnaught as he looks awful in a way I can't explain but ok...)