Discussion What's the Play for Worlds?

Rukan Shao

Aspiring Trainer
Ray's strong but easy to counter. I don't think I'd be able to call it a great pick for worlds until I know the exact meta. Like of malamar techs one wobb, you just lose instantly going second. And Zoroarks could tech heavier parallel and fairy techs. Its not a fan of black ray either.

I feel like ray wants to sneak in under the radar, but that might be hard to do given its performance in Japan. I think if a ray deck does well, it'll need to run a few unexpected rogue techs that answer its counters.

Richard Haeder

litleo op plz nerf
True the wobb tech can beat it but if they don't get it out or you like for guzma you can then win. Black ray kills it tho. So I think that it is a good play, but not as good of a play as I thought.

Dillon

Binder Drop
I like how mamalar gets the tapu lele promo because if your opponent plays down 4 gx pokemon which many decks have to then you can go for a black ray gx then move the damge the next turn with tapu lele and take 4 prizes then get 1 or 2 more knock outs. Buzzwole also wont be played as much as internats so every deck but the mirror might let you do this agianst them. Like @Rukan Shao was saying too you could play a wobb or 2 and this would help with the black ray strategy or even just help when you dont one shot something.