Help What Should I Play at the Portland Regionals...plus a look at Expanded Format

JRobd

Aspiring Trainer
Hey everyone, BroGamingTCG here, with the Portland Regionals coming up this weekend I thought I might get some help for it. I have been playing in expanded some preparing for it and I have a few ideas of what might be good to play.

Last week I decided to start playing Seismitoad/Decidueye (deck list below). I really have enjoyed looking down opponents and watching the try and figure out how to get around Seismitoad. My deck list is based on Alex Schemanske's deck list from the recent St. Louis Regionals.
------------------------------Deck List----------------------------------
Pokémon - 19

4 Seismitoad-EX FFI 20
3 Decidueye-GX SM1 12
4 Dartrix SM1 10
4 Rowlet SM1 9
2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Tuaros-GX SM1
1 Wobbuffet GEN RC11

Trainer Cards - 34

4 Professor Juniper PLB 84
2 N FAC 105
1 AZ PHF 91
1 Lysandre AOR 78
1 Team Flare Grunt GEN 73
4 Forest of Giant Plants AOR 74
4 Super Scoop Up FFI 100
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
1 Pokémon Communication BLW 99
2 Nest Ball SM1 134
3 Ultra Ball SM1 135
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
2 Float Stone BKT 137
1 Revitalizer GEN 70
1 Special Charge STS 105
1 Scoop Up Cyclone PLB 95

Energy - 7

4 Double Colorless Energy SM1 136
3 Rainbow Energy SM1 137

Total Cards - 60
I have decided to play only 1 pokemon communication because I just prefer to have the 2 nest balls in the deck instead of dedenne. I found it to be way to clunky. The two nest balls seem at first to be slow but they quicken up the deck a small deck and you don't have dedenne in the active when you don't want it. I also added Tauros for the pure bulk that he can provide. I know this deck is already bulky but this makes it even bulkier. Let me know what you guys think about it.

--------------------------Looking At Expanded-------------------------
So I just wanted to inform anyone else about the Expanded format right now. I enjoy playing in Expanded but I think that Standard (for me) is a bit more competitive. Though I enjoy looking at the top decks and figuring out what is the best deck to take to a tournament. As of right now there are three major decks that are dominating this format right now; Mega Rayquaza seems to be doing good with a first place finish in St.Louis, Accelgor/Wobbafuet is still doing well even after it was rotated out of Standard, and Seismitoad/Decidueye. Each of these deck have had top finishes in recent tournaments.

Now the best deck to counter these decks is something that just made it into the top 8 at St.Louis, Yvetal/Maxie's. I have made a deck list below (leave comments below on what you think). I believe this to be the best deck to counter these decks because it plays Archeops. This card prevents evolutions once on the bench. The only problem is getting it on the bench and protecting it once it is there. It has low HP making it a pretty easy OHKO for decks like MRay if they already have on up before you get Archeops out. So the name of the game is speed with this deck. My deck list below plays to the advantage of speed and getting out that lock before your opponent can set up his/her deck.

---------------------------------Deck List-------------------------------
Pokémon - 12

2 Yveltal-EX XY150
2 Darkrai-EX LTR 88
2 Yveltal BKT 94
1 Tauros-GX SM1 100
1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
1 Jirachi-EX PLB 60
1 Sableye DEX 62
1 Archeops NVI 67
1 Gallade BKT 84

Trainer Cards - 38

3 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
2 Lysandre AOR 78
2 N FAC 105
1 AZ PHF 91
1 Delinquent BKP 98
1 Ghetsis PLF 101
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick PRC 133
2 Silent Lab PRC 140
1 Parallel City BKT 145
4 Dark Patch DEX 93
4 Ultra Ball SM1 135
4 VS Seeker PHF 109
3 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
3 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
1 Float Stone BKT 137
1 Tool Scrapper DRX 116
1 Dowsing Machine PLS 128

Energy - 10

6 Basic { Darkness } Energy EVO 97
4 Double Colorless Energy SM1 136

Total Cards - 60
I decided to play 2 maxie's because it allows for a little more speed but other than that I thought that the top 8 deck that Israel Sosa made at St.Louis was pretty good. I have been play testing this deck since the beginning of the week and have done pretty well with it.

----------------------Decks That Could Do Well------------------------
Trevent Break - This deck could do well because it wasn't really seen at St.Louis and no one may be expecting to see it at Portand. Don't let the lack of play fool you. Be prepared for Trevent because it could be the quick end to your good run at the Portland Regionals.

Night March - Night March did top at the St. Louis Regionals so I play on face some of those. You have to be able to adopt quickly to the circumstance of Night March and if you aren't expecting to at least match up agaist a few then you could be in for a bad day.

Rukio/Eels - This deck could be played at the Regionals to counter Mega Ray so I would be prepare to see a few of these in your matches. This can be a tough deck to come up against if you don't pick the right counter at the beginning of he game.

Thanks for any help that you guys give to me! Also I have a YouTube channel if you want to check that out. It's just BroGaming TCG. There is no chance that I make it to Worlds this year because I haven't be able to attend enough events, but I am still hoping to do well at this regional on Saturday!