Discussion What Pokemon Deserves to Have a GX or EX?

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I have been thinking why is Pokemon giving more love to some Pokemon (Espeon and Umbreon are an example) when they could give it to other Pokemon. I would like to see some Pokemon that is not to popular to deserve some love. Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I think that Alolan Exeggutor should be given the Legend mechanic treatment, considering how it'll take two cards to put all of Exeggutor onto a card

Nyora

A Cat
Well your name says it all man. Weavile-GX need. Also, I think the gen 1 starters need a GX as well as Ribombee.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Wishwashi GX - It´s a Basic but Only playable if you have 3 normal ones in Play. Put those into the DC Pile and search for the GX (Either DC Pile, Deck or Hand).
Togedemaru GX - Because why not. It´s a adorable. I need a Togedemaru FA in my life.
All the Tapus (You have to wonder if they introduce the Surges from the Games. Either as a Stadium or a effect)
Pelipper GX - (not before like next year because SM1 had one but let me dream ) Ability like (or similar to) Rough Sea´s due to Pelipper gaining Drizzle in S&M
Same applies to other Mon´s who got a Weather effect.
Mudsdale GX - (I think we all agree this has to and will happen at some point due to it beeing insainly Powerful and popular)
All the remaining Eeveelutions - It´s kinda Obvs that they go for all of them (A good Eevee, Espeon and Umbreon in SM1, Feelinara in Sm1+. So they obvs go for either all the Orig Eevee or Leaf and Glaceon in the next.)
Probably some of the Alolan Forms. (Which is weird bcs we didn´t get an GX of any yet did we?) But maybe in a later set. Just put a bunch in there then. Call it Alolan Encounters or similar. Blast from the past. What evs.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
You should also give a reason for your opinion or an idea of what you'd like to see on the card, instead of just naming a Pokemon! If you're keen to check out some other member's designs (or even post your own!), consider checking out the Creative Works for dedicated TCG fake threads! ^.^

I suppose I probably should give a few reasons behind why I created those particular EXs. :p

For Bisharp-EX, I actually created for an original PTCG set that I'm working on. Bisharp is pretty under-appreciated, and it fit nicely with my royalty set theme. For the Alolan Exeggutor-EX, I actually asked the folks in the PB Skype Room what Gen VII they'd like to see as an EX, and the good ol' derpy Alolan Exeggutor was most popular! As for a GX, I'd like to see Suicune make it's debut, since it never got an EX in the BW nor the XY eras.

JCGKVK6325

Aspiring Trainer
I for sure think that some of the other gen 1 pokemon that got no love in sun and moon need a gx. As well as some gen 2 pokemon. Jynx could have a pretty sleek design with bringing in a frozen mechanic into the game?? Mr.Mime got an ex card about a decade ago and was prominent a few years ago with bench barrier but now sees no play. Ditto cards are similarly out of style so that would be cool also.

However, there are plenty of gen 2 pokemon that are simply looked over. They gave tauros a Gx, maybe miltank is next?? That rollout though! And what about hitmonchan/hitmonlee/and hitmontop? Hitmontop has not been printed since furious fists and even then, tyrogue got no love. They stopped priting baby pokemon past the gold and silver era. Those stage 2 lines could for sure bring about new strategies to the game with bench abilities and what not. So seeing those Gen 2 lines get a gx would be pretty awesome!

The one pokemon that really should receive a gx though is one of these two; stantler, or giraferig. these guys get no love and are easily passed over. Im sure many new players have no idea what they even are!! So either of these cards could have sweet gx moves involving a psychic type of feel as they both can manipulate people. So maybe hand disruption or inflicting a random status condition with a dice roll. Just some unique ideas that tpci could implement into the game.

professor layton

Aspiring Trainer
Wishwashi GX - It´s a Basic but Only playable if you have 3 normal ones in Play. Put those into the DC Pile and search for the GX (Either DC Pile, Deck or Hand).
Togedemaru GX - Because why not. It´s a adorable. I need a Togedemaru FA in my life.
All the Tapus (You have to wonder if they introduce the Surges from the Games. Either as a Stadium or a effect)
Pelipper GX - (not before like next year because SM1 had one but let me dream ) Ability like (or similar to) Rough Sea´s due to Pelipper gaining Drizzle in S&M
Same applies to other Mon´s who got a Weather effect.
Mudsdale GX - (I think we all agree this has to and will happen at some point due to it beeing insainly Powerful and popular)
All the remaining Eeveelutions - It´s kinda Obvs that they go for all of them (A good Eevee, Espeon and Umbreon in SM1, Feelinara in Sm1+. So they obvs go for either all the Orig Eevee or Leaf and Glaceon in the next.)
Probably some of the Alolan Forms. (Which is weird bcs we didn´t get an GX of any yet did we?) But maybe in a later set. Just put a bunch in there then. Call it Alolan Encounters or similar. Blast from the past. What evs.

Your idea on Wishiwashi won't work since it seems more like Yu-Gi-Oh's fusion mechanic. Definitely sounds neat, but it'll be an unorthodox idea.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
Your idea on Wishiwashi won't work since it seems more like Yu-Gi-Oh's fusion mechanic. Definitely sounds neat, but it'll be an unorthodox idea.
Yeah i know it´s really Yu-Gi-Oh esque. But thats i bit where i got the inspiration for that. Unorthodox. Definietly but Pokemon made so fun cards in the past. Also it would fit with Wishiwashi litterally beeing a swarm of fish. Also it´s really powerfull in the game so that´s how you could make it work.

Also we never had anything like this in Pokémon. So why not try something new.

Also you have to wonder if Comfey get´s an GX. If probably as a support ish. Problem beeing it´s a basic. So it´s easy to make it "OP"
So im thinking about maybe having the ability to just heal Status every round?

Tanure13

Aspiring Trainer
Raichu GX.
Will be nice to see all legendaries GX (arceos, 3 birds, 3 dogs, Regis, etc..)
And I think we need more Dragons...we are getting a new dragonite line, maybe a dragonite GX...altaria etc...

riChchestMat

Aspiring Trainer
Alolan Raichu GX with dual energy (electric/psychic) full art. That upcoming Hau FA promo hints how cool that card could look.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
My list:
1. Wishiwashi GX: Since its ability is Schooling, I can see the School form becoming a GX at some point down the line.
2. Turtonator GX: This is more logic based really, seeing as Drampa is getting a GX and Turtonator is its version-exclusive counterpart, I feel that it should also get a GX at some point... in theory.
3. Silvally GX: I have a feeling that this'll likely happen given its popularity and importance ingame, and I think if it became a GX that it'll have really cool art.

That be all for now, until I can think of some more.

YanMeaga

Ogre Darner Pokemon... C'mon...
I feel like the TCG and Video Game should be more involved with eachother, so I based my list around that.

Forretress GX,
HP:240
Sturdy ability: can't be OHKO'd
Attack 1: Two steel two colourless: Gyro Ball, does 120+ the difference in HP of both actives. If your opponents active has 180 HP, it does 180 when he is at max HP
GX Attack: Free : Explosion, Forretress is knocked out, does 100 to 3 of your opponents Pokemon

Garchomp GX
HP:230
Rough Skin ability: when it gets attacked, put 4 damage counters on your opponents active pokemon
Attack 1: One fighting One water : Outrage, does 150, and flip a coin, if tails your active is confused
GX Attack : One fighting Two colourless : Double-Edge, does 200, flip a coin, if heads, your opponents new active can attack for free, with their weakest attack, and must attack Garchomp GX. If tails, your opponent is now confused, you take 50 more damage during your next turn.

Sharpedo GX

Aspiring Trainer
I think that alolan eggsecutor should get a gx.

Ability- Sky High
All attacks from your opponent's active Pokémon must cost three or more energy or they do no damage to Alolan Eggsecutor GX

(G)(G)(P) Dragon tail

(G)(P)Egg nuke GX
This attack does 80 damage to all of your opponent's Pokémon