Discussion What Pokémon Do You Want to See as a GX, and Why?

I would like to see Zoroark-GX, Crobat-GX, Roserade-GX and Quagsire-GX, just because they're awesome :p

Alolan Raichu because its cute, Alolan Marowak because its bone has fire, Alolan Golem because it has a mustash, Alolan Vaporeon because its cool, Zygarde because its so powerfull, Ash Greninja because hes the most powerfull pokemon ash had exept 4 pikachu

Zoroark GX
Blastoise GX
Alolan Raichu GX
Scizor GX
Jolteon GX
Flareon GX
Vaporeon GX
Typhlosion GX
Sceptile GX
Reshiram GX
Gallade GX
Warlord GX (350 hp XD)
Infernape GX
Lugia GX (Lugia love)
Tyranitar GX
Flygon GX
Salamence GX
Alolan Exeggutor GX
Shining Noctowl GX (For shining legends)
Delphox GX
Greninja GX
Lucario GX
I think I said too much XD
I love U put A ALOLAN RIACHU GX but Greninja no A ASH-Greninja

Hey, I'd love to see a playable Flygon GX card. With stage 3 Pokemon being a bit more viable thanks to the slower format I feel this would be the best moment to introduce such card. Flygon had a lot of interesting cards in the past, mostly revolving around milling, but it's last few appearances (Furious Fists, Primal Clash, XY black star promo) left a lot to be desired when it comes to playability. Flygon itself is a very popular generation 3 Pokemon, which last year ranked high (#65) in the Japanese "Pokemon general election 720" poll and always comes in top 50 of Reddit's /r/pokemon subforum flair rankings (here are the most recent stats I could find).

Cheers.

We need the rest of the Eevees, Garchomp GX, Flygon GX, Salamence GX, Dragonite GX, Hydreigon GX, Haxorus GX, and Goodra GX. Basically, we need all of the Psuedo Dragons and Eeveelutions.

Hey, I'd love to see a playable Flygon GX card. With stage 3 Pokemon being a bit more viable thanks to the slower format I feel this would be the best moment to introduce such card. Flygon had a lot of interesting cards in the past, mostly revolving around milling, but it's last few appearances (Furious Fists, Primal Clash, XY black star promo) left a lot to be desired when it comes to playability. Flygon itself is a very popular generation 3 Pokemon, which last year ranked high (#65) in the Japanese "Pokemon general election 720" poll and always comes in top 50 of Reddit's /r/pokemon subforum flair rankings (here are the most recent stats I could find).

Cheers.

No idea what flair is but I see Pidgeot and Mega Pidgeot on there.

I would really like to see a Goodra GX, I was surprised they didn't give any gen 6 pokemon exs in the XY era. I feel like it could have heaps of HP, and with the Sliggoo from GRI, it could be good!

I think Luxray GX would be absolutely awesome! The artwork would be great, and I feel like their aren't a lot of electric GX's out there. I think he could have possibility for a strong strategic play if they gave him the right moves, because whenever they give a pokemon a 300 damage attack that costs 5 energy is almost unusable.

My suggestions:

Miltank-GX: Miltank is a classic from Gold and Silver, as it wreaked havoc upon Goldenrod City Gym challengers with its unbeatable Rollout attack. This card could be easily marketable as Gold and Silver are coming to Virtual Console soon. The card could have Rollout as a GX attack(or normal attack) and could maybe be sold with codes for Gold or Silver on Virtual Console or released in a set or tin along with the release of the games.

Lugia-GX(sorry if they're already making one, I think they are): Could also be marketed along with Pokemon Silver.

Pichu-GX(and other Baby Pokemon): None of the Baby Pokemon have received a print for a long while, and their overbearing cuteness makes them easily marketable. Maybe as support Pokemon?

1. Raichu GX: I feel like I see this request everywhere, especially with Alolan Raichu I think this would be a fantastic idea. It's a fan favourite for sure, lots of selling power.

2. Braviary GX: Not a pokemon I feel gets a lot of love but definitely cool and strong enough to be a GX. I don't feel like it's ever had a real presence in the TCG.

3. Tyrantrum GX: Very cool pokemon, dinos are in at the moment and appeal to kids massively. Also it's dragon type which doesn't get a whole load of love in the TCG.

4. Wailord GX: I want to see the first 250+ HP pokemon!! Make it a jugganaught!! Popular in the TCG.

Bonus: Kabutops. Purely selfish reasons but this is a very cool pokemon we see far too rarely. I'd love this in the format no matter GX or not tbh!!

P.S Thanks to the Poke team and Pokebeach for doing this, very awesome of you guys.
I completely agree with Braviary GX! It really hasn't seen many printings, if I am correct it got printed 3 times in BW, and once in XY (Steam Siege I believe...)

Just went through the posts and totted up the most amount of mentions.

Araquanid
Arcanine
Arceus
Blastoise
Dhelmise
Alolan Exeggutor
Flygon
Flareon
Gengar
Goodra
Gyrados
Glaceon
Greninja
Jolteon
Lucario
Leafeon
Milotic
Magnezone
Alolan Marowak
Pidgeot
Regigigas
Roserade
Alolan Raichu
Togekiss
Tyrantrum
Venusaur
Wailord
Vaporeon

These seem to be the top 25 mentions.
don't forget Flareon!

Arbok and Weezing GX. Team Rocket for the win

Arbok has always been one of my favorite Pokémon, and I love the idea of more poison GXs

Arbok GX 180HP

Retreat cost (C)

Weakness (P)

Ability-Precise Strike
All of Arboks attacks inflict a poison that causes 40 damage per turn instead of 10

Fangs of devastation
(P) (C) 40 damage

Glaring Bite
(P) (C) (C) Flip a coin, if heads the defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed 70 Damage

GX Attack

Hit and run 150 Damage. The defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed and confused. Switch Arbok with one of your benched Pokémon.

Weezing GX 210 HP

Retreat cost (C) (C) (C)

Weakness-(P)

Ability
Haze-As long as Weezing is in play, all of your opponents evolution Pokémon's abilities are no longer in effect. (Does not effect basic Pokémon)

Toxic Cloud
(C) (C) Does 30 Damage to all of your opponent's pokemon. Apply weakness and resistance Damage to benched Pokémon.

Chain Reaction
(P) (P) (C) (C) Does 30 Damage times the number of (P) Pokémon that are in play, including your opponents (P) Pokémon to the defending Pokémon.

GX Attack
Catastrophic Meltdown
(P) (P) (C) (C) For each damage counter on Weezing GX, choose any of your opponents Pokémon and place the same amount of damage counters on them in any way you like.

I like the idea of Arbok being a hit and run style attacker that makes poison a dangerous status ailment forcing your opponent to switch constantly. This is balanced out by having low HP for a stage 1 gx Pokémon.

Weezing is a support/Tank that can fight if need be. It has huge spread Damage forcing your opponent to be wary of filling up bench space. It's ability is I feel a more fair version of Garbodor's garbotoxin. It's GX attack is possible 200 Damage move that can potentially be multiple Pokémon knockout move. It's offset by a large energy cost and the risk of letting Weezing get dangerously low on HP. It's ability can be devastating to meta decks like deci/plume and greninja break. It forces those decks to deal with it immediately. However due to its high attack and retreat costs I think it should be balanced.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
I think a lot of people are missing the point of this thread. PSA to everyone. Do not list Legendary Pokemon, Eeveelutions, Starter Pokemon and stupidly popular Pokemon like Charizard, Pikachu and Lucario. These Pokemon will always get ultra rare treatment and like 50 promo cards. These Pokemon are always relevant and thus always in the pipeline. The goal is to get other well loved Pokemon a GX cards.
I agree. Like I have replied to and liked, we should see things like Braviary, or Lopunny or maybe even a Miltank! (maybe it's GX move could be like a Sacred Ash or something like that...)

Miltank GX- 210 HP
Basic Pokemon

Ability- Milk Drink- remove 2 damage counters from up to 2 Pokemon on the battlefield.
(C)(C)- Double Slap- 50+
flip 2 coins. If heads, this attack does 50 more damage for each heads.
(C)(C)(C)-Mega Max Milk GX-
Remove all damage counters on all of your Pokemon.
(you can only use 1 GX attack per game.)

I know its not the best, but it might be fun!

How about Flygon-GX??? Since Flygon never received it's much earned mega, give it a GX to make up the difference. Bonus points if it's playable too.

I think torterra, infernape and empoleon need a little more love. There hasn't been a playable one of those in a while.

I have had this idea for ages!

'Sinister Arrow Raid GX: 130
This does 40 damage to each of your opponents benched Pokémon.'

'Malicious Moonsault GX: 50x
This attack does 50 damage times the amount of Stadium cards in each player's discard pile'

'Oceanic Operetta GX: 60x
This attack does 60 damage for each Fairy Energy attached to this Pokémon.'

Just a thought

For Decidueye, I was thinking something like: For each energy attached to this pokemon, put 3 damage counters on your opponent's pokemon in any way you like.

I haven't seen much Sinnoh Pokemon lately, so I would like to suggest Staraptor, Floatzel, and Gastrodon. I could really see Floatzel as a great addition in the tcg. It's a stage 1 along with Gastrodon, so that's a plus. I've always had Floatzel and Staraptor on my Platinum game files, and I'm sure many have also beloved them. Gastrodon has also been a really fun dual typed Pokemon! And since they have the Western and Eastern version, you could do something special.

Minior-GX as a flip card or double faced. Starts off in either meteor or core mode and uses an attack to flip between the two with core having more damage and meteor having more HP. It could have two different functioning GX attacks as well.

Back