PTCGO What Kind of Standard Deck Could Snorlax GX Fit In?

Weavile GX

Nebby!
I have Been wondering how to make a snorlax Gx deck from scratch or mix it up with another profile. Do you have any Ideas?

This is for Ptcgo.
Snorlax-GX-Promo.jpg

It's kind of an iffy choice for Standard. If you're playing it for it's GX attack, wait until Tauros GX comes out.

It's first attack isn't too great . It's second is completely reliant on you failing two Sleep checks. On top of that: FIVE energy. If you're using Double Colorless Energy you can cut that down to three turns.

Granted, Pankcake can down MOST undamaged EX and DX Pokes in one go, but that's assuming you don't get Flare Grunted and Hammered to high hell first.

If you're dead set on using Snorlax, 1 is all you need. But if you can wait until S&M becomes legal in tournament, get Tauros instead.

I've seen, (especially I feel you went to Dallas Regionals) Xernease BREAK decks that put in Regirock Promo and Snorlax GX in it. Yveltal decks could have this same idea with Regirock too. If you want creative, use Huntail, Palkia, and SnirlaxGX/Regirock. That's real creativity, in my opinion. By the way Huntail has the Powerful Storm attack, which is Life Stream but is only [W] Energy. In my opinion, Huntail/Palliative/SnorlaxGX/Regirock is Sam good as Xerneas BREAK/SnorlaxGX. Hope this helps!

Yeah there are a bunch of Pancakes videos on youtube that use Xerneas Break and Regirock, Ninja Boy-ing into Snorlax to close out the match. Team Fish Knuckles pioneered it, I'd definitely check out his version. If you can't get Regirock you can use Electrike. Regirock's just better though because Greninja can't take it out with 1 Shuriken.

I've tried Huntail, it's ok but not as good as Delphox and that's probably not even tier 2. Wait until Solgaleo is legal and then all of these energy based attack decks will just go nuts.

Back